Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 365 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
fefface
wolfali
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah but you can’t win if you’re not nominated. She’s got two nominations and is by no means overdue.

And what else would she have been nominated for? Mary Queen of Scots went nowhere because it wasn’t very good and she was never getting in for Wolf of Wall Street. Personally I wouldn’t have nominated her for Bombshell either.

And again I’m not saying with two nominations she is overdue. Again when I use the adverb finally I’m speaking as someone who thinks it would be a deserving win considering how I think she’s given quite good performances over the years.

I mean it’s a bit similar to how you’re rooting for Adam Driver to “finally” win an industry award because you’ve liked his work in Girls, Marriage Story and other things over the years.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

Add this to the contenders list! https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-godfather-making-of-movie-oscar-isaac-francis-coppola-jake-gyllenhaal-robert-evans-barry-levinson-francis-and-the-godfather-1234588678/

Sounds interesting. With Mank this year and Ben Affleck’s Chinatown, it looks like we’ll have a bunch of making of movies the upcoming years. But I like Oscar Isaac as Coppola, and can’t wait to see what Gyllenhaal does with Evans.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Bale and Robbie are the leads, Jordan and Shannon are supporting. There’s one major female supporting role still left to cast.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Robbie is winning if Amsterdam is any good. Hollywood is dying to reward her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Robbie is winning if Amsterdam is any good. Hollywood is dying to reward her.

LOL! No!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

LOL! No!

Omg you’re right, you convinced me!

She’s already got 2 Oscar noms, she was nominated in the same category twice just last year. Now she’s working with DOR who’s gotten Oscar winning performances out of his actors multiple times before – as long as the film is good, she’s the clear front runner here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

And again I’m not saying with two nominations she is overdue. Again when I use the adverb finally I’m speaking as someone who thinks it would be a deserving win considering how I think she’s given quite good performances over the years. I mean it’s a bit similar to how you’re rooting for Adam Driver to “finally” win an industry award because you’ve liked his work in Girls, Marriage Story and other things over the years.

I’ve never said that? I’ve discussed his chances for upcoming projects and said I thought he should have won an Emmy for Girls. That’s about it. He and Robbie are actually quite similar in that they both got two noms in a short space of time but didn’t grab the win.

It seems inevitable that they will both win eventually, but personally I don’t think Robbie has had a standout performance other than I, Tonya. Yet.

Whether or not DOR’s issues have any impact on the film’s success is very much up for grabs – it doesn’t seem to be a talking point at the minute but it’s the kind of thing that may come back up if the film is looking like being nominated.

Hopefully he has learned from his past behaviour and the people working on Amsterdam have a good experience.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

LOL! No!

She’s gotten 4 BAFTA nominations in three years and probably would’ve been a double nominee this year if it wasn’t the double nominee in the same category rule.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Omg you’re right, you convinced me! She’s already got 2 Oscar noms, she was nominated in the same category twice just last year. Now she’s working with DOR who’s gotten Oscar winning performances out of his actors multiple times before – as long as the film is good, she’s the clear front runner here.

Exactly.

I mean there was a reason she was the early supporting actress frontrunner going into awards season last year. If she’s good in Amsterdam she can definitely win.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah but you can’t win if you’re not nominated. She’s got two nominations and is by no means overdue.

And no one is saying she’s overdue with awards nominations. I don’t understand why you keep suggesting that I’m saying that.

I just think personally it’s time she finally wins an Oscar (provided her performance is good) after delivering nomination worthy work in I, TonyaMary Queen of Scots and (for me) Bombshell. I mean she’s even great in Suicide Squad despite that being a Razzie worthy movie imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

This will definitely not be finished for the upcoming season but, I hope this next August Wilson adaptation is able to get Samuel L. Jackson his Oscar:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1311435670058139648

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

This will definitely not be finished for the upcoming season but, I hope this next August Wilson adaptation is able to get Samuel L. Jackson his Oscar:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1311435670058139648

It’s not even in pre-production stage, he said he “hopes” one day to make it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it never happens, especially now that Jenkins is busy directing “The Lion King” sequel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Well Denzel is pretty committed to make adaptations for all August Wilson’s plays. He has a Netflix deal to do so I think.

I’m not saying it will but this could even finish production before Disney starts with The Lion King if they move fast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Updated Predictions (Frontrunners in bold)

Picture

– Annette
    – The Batman
    – Elvis
    – The French Dispatch
    – The Last Duel
    – Last Night in SoHo
    – Maestro
    – Malcolm and Marie
    – Nightmare Alley
    – The Power of the Dog

Director

– Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
    – Leos Carax, Annette
    – Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley
    – Sam Levinson, Malcolm and Marie
    – Edgar Wright, Last Night in SoHo

Actress

– Ana de Armas, Blonde
    – Marion Cotillard, Annette
    – Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    – Zendaya, Malcolm and Marie

Actor

– Bradley Cooper, Maestro
    – Adam Driver, Annette
    – Will Smith, King Richard
    – John David Washington, Malcolm and Marie
    – Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth

S. Actress

– Jodie Comer, The Last Duel
    – Claire Foy, Louis Wain
    – Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard
    – Carey Mulligan, Maestro
    – Diana Rigg, Last Night in SoHo

S. Actor

– Willem Dafoe, Nightmare Alley
    – Adam Driver, The Last Duel
    – Tom Hanks, Elvis
    – Michael Shannon, Amsterdam
    – Jeremy Strong, Maestro

Original Screenplay

– Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Nicole Holofcener – The Last Duel
    – Wes Anderson – The French Dispatch
    – Kelly Marcel, Baz Luhrmann, Craig Pearce and Sam Bromell – Elvis
    – Ron and Russell Mael – Annette
    – Krysty Wilson-Cairns and Edgar Wright – Last Night in SoHo

Adapted Screenplay

– Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog
    – Joel Coen – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Guillermo del Toro and Kim Morgan – Nightmare Alley
    – Matt Reeves and Peter Craig – The Batman
    – Taika Waititi – Next Goal Wins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derp Boy
    Topics:

Wolfali,

Pitting father against son (Denzel and John David) is so cruel omg 😱

"We will always have Paris"

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 365 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.