Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I think Smith and Cooper are the frontrunners in Actor. I can see a scenario where Smith has a Zellweger type comeback if his performance is good but then again there is the colourism controversy behind his casting. I also see a scenario where Cooper is the frontrunner à la Malek and Phoenix in the sense that him playing Bernstein will be baity and transformative like Malek playing Mercury and he will have a similar overdue narrative to Phoenix.

The colourism issue around King Richard is another thing I can see coming back up when the film is released, same as the David O’Russell stuff. It could definitely harm the film’s chances, especially if the Williams family says anything.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The colourism issue around King Richard is another thing I can see coming back up when the film is released, same as the David O’Russell stuff. It could definitely harm the film’s chances, especially if the Williams family says anything.

I mean this might be quite a significant controversy. Don’t forget Serena Williams is one of those non Hollywood celebs who attends the Oscars every year and is friends with a lot of members of the Academy.

Then again Rami Malek faced controversy for being someone of Arab heritage playing someone of South Asian heritage but then again his film was backed by members of Queen and Mercury’s family. I don’t know if King Richard will be backed by the Williams’.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Very intrigued by the Supporting Actress race. Who do you guys have as the (early) frontrunner for that one? I think it’s Diana Rigg but I do think we’re underestimating Jodie Comer. Her profile is rising rapidly and she seems to have a very baity and buzzy role in The Last Duel.

I’d argue at worst Comer will end up like Robbie/Driver or early Kidman/Zellweger and be someone who the Academy will nominate over the space of like three years in the hope of rewarding them soon when they have a strong campaign push or narrative.

This being said that Supporting Actress race is filled with a bunch of Emmy winners next year. I know trends don’t mean everything but the fact that an Emmy winner (or at least a recent Emmy winner) has won this category every year since 2016 should not be ignored. I mean look at the amount of recent Emmy winners competing in this category :

– Jodie Comer, The Last Duel (won in 2019 for Killing Eve)
    – Claire Foy, Louis Wain (won in 2018 for The Crown)
    – Nicole Kidman, The Northman (won in 2017 for Big Little Lies)
    – Regina King, The Harder They Fall (if I wrote how many times she has won an Emmy recently my hands would fall off)
    – Elisabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins/The French Dispatch (won in 2017 for The Handmaid’s Tale)
    – Samira Wiley, Red, White and Water (won in 2018 for The Handmaid’s Tale)

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Very intrigued by the Supporting Actress race. Who do you guys have as the (early) frontrunner for that one?  

I know no one else has her as their frontrunner or will agree with me for having her as mine, but I have Julianne Moore for Dear Evan Hansen. Her role is super baity and if the film is eligible this year, which I’m predicting it will, I do predict her being a major threat in the category. As like you said, this is one of the more unpredictable categories for the year.

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Paul Raci (Best Supporting Actor)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

Could Benedict Cumberbatch finally be nominated again? Movies to be released in 2021: Prisoner 760, The Power of the Dog and Louis Wain

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

First predictions – obviously assuming all of these films will be ready and released next year

Best Actor
    1. Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    2. Christian Bale, Amsterdam
    3. Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    4. Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth (if it isn’t released in time for this season’s Oscars)
    5. Ben Platt, Dear Evan Hansen

Best Actress
    1. Margot Robbie, Amsterdam
    2. Jennifer Lawrence, Red, White and Water
    3. Ana de Armas, Blonde
    4. Robin Wright, Land
    5. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter

Best Supporting Actor
    1. Richard Jenkins, The Humans
    2. Michael B. Jordan, Amsterdam
    3. Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog
    4. Bradley Cooper, Soggy Bottom
    5. Brian Tyree Henry, Red, White and Water

Best Supporting Actress
    1. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    2. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    3. Julianne Moore, Dear Evan Hansen
    4. Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley
    5. Jayne Houdyshell, The Humans

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Lol, Bradley Cooper is not getting a double nomination!

Profile picture
    PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Topics:

Lol, Richard Williams is exuberant that Will Smith is starring from what I remember seeing. People are not going to approach inquiries on whether Will Smith is Black enough to play someone with any seriousness

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Adam Driver is coming for those double noms for Annette/Gucci.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Lol, Bradley Cooper is not getting a double nomination!

I’m not even a fan. I like him, but I don’t care if he ever wins an Oscar, unless he gives a performance that I find really worthy. Either way, he’ll have a big year next year and I don’t see why double nominations are off the table especially when he’s working with PTA and GDT.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Very intrigued by the Supporting Actress race. Who do you guys have as the (early) frontrunner for that one?

I don’t really have a frontrunner since I’m changing my predictions all the time but I’m hoping for a first-time winner, Colette and Mara look possible for Nightmare Alley.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is definitely one to watch out for and I would say is perhaps the most likely of the TLD cast to score a nomination. If the film’s plot is received badly that may change, but I saw a brief interview with her recently where she referred to her character as a woman who ‘risked her life and reclaimed her life’ or something like that. So I’m a little more confident in it based on that – and my trust in Nicole Holofcener, who is great.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Comer also seems to have all the buzz right now on her. She’s been cast in quite a few big films.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Comer also seems to have all the buzz right now on her. She’s been cast in quite a few big films.

Is it possible though that they campaign her in Lead? She’s the primary female character in the film and apparently it’s being written from all three ‘perspectives’ so depending on her screen time, they could aim for both her and Damon in Lead with Driver in Supporting.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Is it possible though that they campaign her in Lead? She’s the primary female character in the film and apparently it’s being written from all three ‘perspectives’ so depending on her screen time, they could aim for both her and Damon in Lead with Driver in Supporting.

I see that happening.

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Paul Raci (Best Supporting Actor)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 predictions’ is closed to new replies.