Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Mulligan is hopefully getting her due for Maestro anyway

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Mulligan is hopefully getting her due for Maestro anyway

Yup. I assume that’ll be a 2022 release though.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Yup. I assume that’ll be a 2022 release though.

Yeah it probably is. I’m expecting Babylon and Killers of the Flower Moon to be 22s as well so that’s going to be a very interesting season.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Yeah it probably is. I’m expecting Babylon and Killers of the Flower Moon to be 22s as well so that’s going to be a very interesting season.

Why do you think those films are 2022? Just curious.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Why do you think those films are 2022? Just curious.

Because so much stuff that was scheduled for 2020 is now in 2021 it makes sense that some releases planned for 2021 will also move so they’re not in such a stacked year.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

Because so much stuff that was scheduled for 2020 is now in 2021 it makes sense that some releases planned for 2021 will also move so they’re not in such a stacked year.

Yeah, I’m considering moving something as it is so crowded. Just not sure why you think it’s those two in particular??

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah, I’m considering moving something as it is so crowded. Just not sure why you think it’s those two in particular??

It wasn’t me that posted the original comment, sorry! Was just giving my two cents. But given that neither seem anywhere near even starting – KOTFM hasn’t even cast a key lead role – I think it’s a fair assumption.

Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

It wasn’t me that posted the original comment, sorry! Was just giving my two cents. But given that neither seem anywhere near even starting – KOTFM hasn’t even cast a key lead role – I think it’s a fair assumption.

My mistake, sorry! And thank you. I would tend to agree with that.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

It wasn’t me that posted the original comment, sorry! Was just giving my two cents. But given that neither seem anywhere near even starting – KOTFM hasn’t even cast its lead – I think it’s a fair assumption.

This exactly. They don’t seem to be close to starting and both seem to be very big productions.

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

Emma Stone is pregnant too…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m a huge Mulligan fan, but that movie is in trouble awards wise whenever year it’s released lmao.

Really? How so?

It’s ironic how she went from being the early frontrunner to her film not even having an update on a rescheduled release date in 7 months.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

You mean the FBI agent Tom White?
    I hope it’s someone like Michael Shannon or Sean Penn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Multiple cinema chains in the UK and I think the US have confirmed they plan to close and remain closed for the rest of 2020. Expect anything big still due to come out to move. Except Soul which will likely go to Disney Plus.

Well at the moment in the UK it’s only Cineworld and Picturehouse but it could easily be more. I think Nomadland is going on streaming here as soon as it comes out.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is not happening for TLD lol.

Anyway…

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

You mean the FBI agent Tom White? I hope it’s someone like Michael Shannon or Sean Penn.

Yep that’s who I mean. There’s been no casting announcement, or even any ‘such and such person is in talks’ for that role. Hoover is another key role there’s been no word on.

And after all the delays re: the enormous budget, and Scorsese liking to take his time, I think it’s 2022 at earliest.

Love the idea of Michael Shannon.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 predictions’ is closed to new replies.