Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    mansos
    Topics:

Soggy Bottom is done filming, so it should definitely be done in time for the next Oscars.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The fact people sleeping on The Nightingale is baffling. Its based on best selling novel with an Oscar-bait story (WWII, Nazi Occupation, Women Contribution during the war and Estranged sisters during the war). It has Schindler’s list vibe with a little touch of Inglerious Basterds. Yes it wont get in Best Picture or Best Director, but it could get in terms of Acting</p>
    Both Dakota and Elle Fanning are the leads and have baity role, albeit Elle will have a more baity role since she is the titular character. Melanie Laurent is a gem director and have succeeded in bringing out one of Elle’s career best performance in a small indie couple years ago. I have a strong Greta Gerwig-Saoirse Ronan vibes with Laurent-Elle. Besides, i predict Elle will go all out for this after being overlooked for Ginger&Rosa.

And the fact Sony put this on Christimas 2021 releases made it obvious that they want to campaign both Fanning sisters for Oscars, with one of them possibly getting category fraud.

Elle Fanning for Best Actress Nominee

Dakota Fanning for Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

David Oyelowo is coming for that nomination he was robbed of for Selma!

https://deadline.com/2020/11/saoirse-ronan-sam-rockwell-david-oyelowo-untitled-murder-mystery-searchlight-1234619341/

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

David Oyelowo is coming for that nomination he was robbed of for Selma! https://deadline.com/2020/11/saoirse-ronan-sam-rockwell-david-oyelowo-untitled-murder-mystery-searchlight-1234619341/

Not a oscar movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

After watching her interview with Jimmy Kimmel I can see Kristen Stewart playing Lady Di quite well but the way she described that movie sounded weird. If it comes out next year and it’s good she stands a chance but if it comes out in 2022 she’ll get butchered by Debicki.

The fact everyone is obsessing over Emma Corrin right now won’t help her either.

It is interesting how Netflix literally bought Ryan Murphy out so he wouldn’t make the Diana themed season of Feud and clash with The Crown. I wonder if they’ll do the same to Pablo Narrain.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Margot Robbie is in talks to replace Emma Stone in Damien Chazelle’s Babylon due to scheduling conflicts.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/12/margot-robbie-emma-stone-damien-chazelle-babylon-brad-pitt-paramount-pictures-period-drama-1234636309/

Profile picture
    Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Margot Robbie is in talks to replace Emma Stone in Damien Chazelle’s Babylon due to scheduling conflicts.

Between this and the untitled David O. Russell project, she’s coming HARD for her third and fourth respective nominations (and hopefully first win).

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Babylon though is more likely to be a 2022 release though.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

First pictures of Leo and Jen. They sure look unglamourous in this film

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not a Jen stan and I am not a fan of her win but I lowkey did not recognise her there lol.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Oscar nomination incoming for Leo I guess. Maybe Lawrence too since they definately should have great chemistry on screen. This movie has a lot of people in it too so this should be on peoples’ radar for sure.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Not a Jen stan and I am not a fan of her win but I lowkey did not recognise her there lol.

I legit thought that was Rooney Mara for a second.

FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Chadwick Boseman (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Paul Raci (Best Supporting Actor)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth is BY FAR the one I’m most excited for. The fact that nobody has won an Oscar for that role is beyond me. I mean that 1948 version is straight up fire.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

“Nine Days” is delaying release and will be eligible only for the Indie Spirits this year: https://variety.com/2020/film/awards/nine-days-release-date-delayed-winston-duke-1234845283/

This was one of my favorite films (maybe even my #1) of the year, so sad that it’ll be a while still before others get to see it, but I hope that the delayed release will get more eyes on and build buzz for this unique film.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who do you guys think is the early frontrunner for supporting actress? For me I feel like it’s Jodie Comer.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 predictions’ is closed to new replies.