Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain in an interview said that Garfield’s performance would be great. I believe her because she’s… Chastain. Although I know that perhaps Searchlight will prefer Fassbender to campaign as he is easier to be built a narrative for (it is such a shame not to nominate him for Shame, which he gave the best performance of that year in that film). I do root for Chastain to get in though although her meatier role for next year is in miniseries and not this film.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Having read the Don’t Look Up script (the first half at least), it will be so divisive and probably get a Vice reception. It’ll need a Vice release rollout too to explode in awards consideration. Granted it’s a January draft so I think it’s definitely been reworked since then with all the big cast sign-ups (JLaw needs a new agent however since she signed on with this draft), but the depth of the characters and how no one is really baity, no one will be competitive for a win past Comedy Globes. Oscar noms? Possibly yes, depending on the script rework or how it translates to film and how the industry creams over everyone involved, but honestly you hate everyone and every scenario in it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One film to watch out for is Mothering Sunday. The book has been described as a “period drama with an unconventional narrative” and is being written by Alice Birch (the Emmy nominated writer of Normal People). It stars Josh O’Connor, Olivia Colman and Colin Firth. Considering how hot (in buzz) O’Connor and Colman are right now I wouldn’t be surprised if it picked up some steam (provided it’s good of course).

Colman is also someone not only to watch out for potentially getting two Oscar nominations but also three Golden Globe nominations. Not only does she have Mothering Sunday but she also has The Lost Daughter (which is being written and directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal and also stars Jessie Buckley, Peter Saarsgard, Paul Mescal and Ed Harris) which she’ll probably be competing in Lead for and she’s playing a murderer in a HBO limited series.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

Having read the Don’t Look Up script (the first half at least), it will be so divisive and probably get a Vice reception. It’ll need a Vice release rollout too to explode in awards consideration. Granted it’s a January draft so I think it’s definitely been reworked since then with all the big cast sign-ups (JLaw needs a new agent however since she signed on with this draft), but the depth of the characters and how no one is really baity, no one will be competitive for a win past Comedy Globes. Oscar noms? Possibly yes, depending on the script rework or how it translates to film and how the industry creams over everyone involved, but honestly you hate everyone and every scenario in it.

I heard Timmy Chalamet will play JLaw’s love interest lol (can you confirm that?)

I genuinely wonder about her choices though (that “mob girl” movie doesn’t sound promising either).

The fact that she is a huge McKay fan probably influenced her decision to be a part of this. Since the movie basically plays on Trump’s stupidity, I could see it playing well with voters though.

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

Also, have we heard anything about her movie with Brian Tyree Henry?!

That should have been released next year, right? Its backed by Scott Rudin and is directed by a promising theatre director which makes me somewhat hopeful…

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I heard Timmy Chalamet will play JLaw’s love interest lol (can you confirm that?) I genuinely wonder about her choices though (that “mob girl” movie doesn’t sound promising either). The fact that she is a huge McKay fan probably influenced her decision to be a part of this. Since the movie basically plays on Trump’s stupidity, I could see it playing well with voters though.

She makes out with him but that’s it ksdjkjs. Her boyfriend is played by Himesh Patel. But yeah she’s a McKay stan and she’s been trying to do a movie with him for years.

Also, have we heard anything about her movie with Brian Tyree Henry?! That should have been released next year, right? Its backed by Scott Rudin and is directed by a promising theatre director which makes me somewhat hopeful…

It might premiere at Sundance but A24 is only releasing and pushing their Sundance releases from this year so far.

Profile picture
    DestinyFulfilled
    Topics:

It might premiere at Sundance but A24 is only releasing and pushing their Sundance releases from this year so far.

Wow…she looks so much older than him…thats gonna be something (I really don’t want to see lol). Although he is much closer in age than Cooper so who knows…

Regarding the A24 movie: they’re probably not gonna release it if the race is so competitive, right? But next year, they have McDormand and Washington…

Not to be too negative but I think she should have stayed with DOR for her comeback…He knows how to let her shine and after the last flops she desperately needs a hit especially with all the great younger actresses who’ve come up since her break (Taylor-Joy, Debecki, Comer etc.)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

I mean, the fact that Leonardo DiCaprio signed onto the movie (whose last three movies were The Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) means that it’s going to be good. He’s so selective about his projects, and he wouldn’t just take any part. And then when you add in Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Timothee Chalamet, etc. I am not worried about quality.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

And also it’s funny about Timothee Chalamet and Jennifer Lawrence because he reads younger than he is and she reads older than she is, but in reality they’re only 6 years apart.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

December

I agree with you J Law need a big break after some of the worst flops this last couple years year. But Debicki is just as the same age as her though yet Debicki is on the rise now and could become Cate Blanchett of her generation.⁸

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Actor:
    1. Adam Driver (Annette)
    2. Christian Bale (Amsterdam)
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)
    4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    5. Will Smith (King Richard)

Actress:
    1. Ana De Armas (Blonde)
    2. Margot Robbie (Amsterdam)
    3. Jennifer Lawrence (Don’t Look Up)
    4. Frances McDormand (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    5. Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)

Profile picture
    OccultCherry
    Topics:

Actor:
    1. Adam Driver (Annette)
    2. Christian Bale (Amsterdam)
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don’t Look Up)
    4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    5. Will Smith (King Richard)

Actress:
    1. Ana De Armas (Blonde)
    2. Margot Robbie (Amsterdam)
    3. Jennifer Lawrence (Don’t Look Up)
    4. Frances McDormand (The Tragedy of Macbeth)
    5. Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)

What a line-up. Brilliant.

FYC:

Picture: Nomadland
    Director: Chloe Zhao
    Leading Actress: Frances McDormand
    Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins
    Supporting Actress: Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Adapted Screenplay: The Father
    Original Screenplay: Minari

Profile picture
    Micah
    Topics:

I don’t know whether Anya will go supporting. Especially if Kidman is going supporting.

I guess theoretically Skarsgard could be the lead? Alexander Skarsgard being an Academy Award nominee would be such a WTF moment lol.

Going by the source material, Skarsgard will most likely be the sole lead. Depending on how close they stick to it, there isn’t a female character prominent enough to be considered a lead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amleth

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

One film to watch out for is Mothering Sunday. The book has been described as a “period drama with an unconventional narrative” and is being written by Alice Birch (the Emmy nominated writer of Normal People). It stars Josh O’Connor, Olivia Colman and Colin Firth. Considering how hot (in buzz) O’Connor and Colman are right now I wouldn’t be surprised if it picked up some steam (provided it’s good of course). Colman is also someone not only to watch out for potentially getting two Oscar nominations but also three Golden Globe nominations. Not only does she have Mothering Sunday but she also has The Lost Daughter (which is being written and directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal and also stars Jessie Buckley, Peter Saarsgard, Paul Mescal and Ed Harris) which she’ll probably be competing in Lead for and she’s playing a murderer in a HBO limited series.

The first one is really a big combo. I hope it will turn out to be a great movie and have a good distributor. Finally, we’ll witness O’Connor becoming an Academy Award nominee Josh O’Connor.

The second one, gosh I cannot wait. Mescal & Buckley will kill it for sure. Sorry, Olivia, for being sidelined. She’s already and will always be great, so a third nomination won’t be a shocker.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

What a line-up. Brilliant.

Fan of name-check nominations? No thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 predictions’ is closed to new replies.