Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 491 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
Stank83
  • Profile picture
    allmyatoms
    Topics:

Yes because someone with no charisma outshines Juliette freaking Binoche in a movie and goes on to win a Cesar 🙃

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Yes because someone with no charisma outshines Juliette freaking Binoche in a movie and goes on to win a Cesar 🙃

I mean the role was basically a down philosophical gay hipster. There really wasn’t much charisma to be had so…

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Anyway i just realized that Focus features will have two potential award bait next year with The Northman and Last Night in Soho.

Judging from the premise and what we know so far, The Northman sounds far more promising to do well in awards season. On paper it sounds like Ridley Scott historical epic and it features Anya Taylor Joy as… main female lead??

Soho, as far as i know is a Psycho-Horror and anything related to Horror is something the Academy not keen for. But if its turned out like Black Swan, where the line between PsychoThriller and PsychoHorror is blurry as hell then i have a confidence it will do very well in Awards season.

Focus Features must be confused to pick who should they campaign for between McKenzie, Anya(she is the co lead in Soho) and Nicole Kidman lol

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I like Kristen but she doesn’t have the charisma to play Diana. Especially with the beloved performance Corrin gave is probably taking up the Emmy around the same time this would premiere, Kristen could very well be panned. Pablo should’ve casted someone else.

Even besides a questionably cast lead actress, the Diana movie just shouldn’t be happening at this time. Corrin’s giving an acclaimed performance on a very popular show, Debicki could very well get a similar response, and unlike with Churchill and The Darkest Hour which took place before the character’s arc on The Crown, all of Diana’s significant years are being covered on the show, so this film will just be retreading ground that’s just recently been covered.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Even besides a questionably cast lead actress, the Diana movie just shouldn’t be happening at this time. Corrin’s giving an acclaimed performance on a very popular show, Debicki could very well get a similar response, and unlike with Churchill and The Darkest Hour which took place before the character’s arc on The Crown, all of Diana’s significant years are being covered on the show, so this film will just be retreading ground that’s just recently been covered.

And also Winston Churchill is nowhere near as beloved or memorable a figure as Diana is and had been played multiple times on screen already.

Unless the film is acclaimed I don’t see it going anywhere. Kristen may be good but if the material lets her down like it did in Seberg it won’t go far.

Ahh yes because comparing a tv show and flop to a movie directed by Pablo Larrain makes so much sense.

You have to be absolutely deluded to think one of Netflix’s most popular, critically acclaimed and multi Emmy award winning shows is a flop. I know you love Kristen but now you seem to be finding every reason to try and suggest why she won’t be compared to a recent definitive performance of a figure.

I mean Gillian Anderson (an actress who like Stewart is an American famous for their work in Europe but unlike Kristen is more acclaimed and respected) is being hurt by comparisons to a previous definitive performance even though she has a more universally acclaimed portrayal in a more acclaimed piece of biographical fiction that people are actually watching…

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Anyway i just realized that Focus features will have two potential award bait next year with The Northman and Last Night in Soho. Judging from the premise and what we know so far, The Northman sounds far more promising to do well in awards season. On paper it sounds like Ridley Scott historical epic and it features Anya Taylor Joy as… main female lead?? Soho, as far as i know is a Psycho-Horror and anything related to Horror is something the Academy not keen for. But if its turned out like Black Swan, where the line between PsychoThriller and PsychoHorror is blurry as hell then i have a confidence it will do very well in Awards season. Focus Features must be confused to pick who should they campaign for between McKenzie, Anya(she is the co lead in Soho) and Nicole Kidman lol

Black Swan needs a Portman tier of performance to be included in Best Picture (it was kinda pushed by audience reaction and yeah, blurry line between horror and thriller). I don’t see it in Last Night in Soho (although I hope). However, it seems yhat it will be likable for audience as they’ll release this film in the middle of the year.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What helps <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>is it has added attention due to how profile the people in front of and behind the scenes are. Anya Taylor-Joy has become a massive star since it finished filming. Diana Rigg’s passing has brought more attention to the film and the co-writer along with Wright is the co-writer of 1917.

I see great potential (awards wise) and am assuming it premieres at Berlin. It was scheduled to premiere at Cannes if I’m not mistaken.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

What helps <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>is it has added attention due to how profile the people in front of and behind the scenes are. Anya Taylor-Joy has become a massive star since it finished filming. Diana Rigg’s passing has brought more attention to the film and the co-writer along with Wright is the co-writer of 1917. I see great potential (awards wise) and am assuming it premieres at Berlin. It was scheduled to premiere at Cannes if I’m not mistaken.

Dont forget McKenzie. She’s been only known in States for two years and all she got until now were all rave reviews for her performance in Leave No Trace and Jojo Rabbit (I think she has been snubbed twice)

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Damn the Musical/Comedy category at the Globes will be ultra competitive next year.

– Amsterdam
    – Anette (Amazon)
    – Dear Evan Hansen (20th Century)
    – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    – The French Dispatch (Searchlight)
    – Louis Wain (Amazon)
    – Next Goal Wins (Searchlight
    – West Side Story (2oth Century)

And this isn’t even including films like Free Guy which could surprise with audiences or films that could surprise as populist hits. And it’s not even considering the possibility Everybody’s Talking About Jamie gets delayed.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Damn the Musical/Comedy category at the Globes will be ultra competitive next year.

– Amsterdam
    – Anette (Amazon)
    – Dear Evan Hansen (20th Century)
    – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    – The French Dispatch (Searchlight)
    – Louis Wain (Amazon)
    – Next Goal Wins (Searchlight
    – West Side Story (2oth Century)

And this isn’t even including films like Free Guy which could surprise with audiences or films that could surprise as populist hits. And it’s not even considering the possibility Everybody’s Talking About Jamie gets delayed.

Don’t forget In the Heights

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    A HERO:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Amir Jadidi)
    - Best International Feature

NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

What helps <i>Last Night in SoHo </i>is it has added attention due to how profile the people in front of and behind the scenes are. Anya Taylor-Joy has become a massive star since it finished filming. Diana Rigg’s passing has brought more attention to the film and the co-writer along with Wright is the co-writer of 1917.

I don’t think a psychological horror movie will be Focus’s main push for awards season.

Plus, the writer of 1917?? Loool.
    That movie shouldn’t even have been nominated for that mediocre/awful Screenplay, especially when last year there were films like The Farewell or Uncut Gems.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I don’t think a psychological horror movie will be Focus’s main push for awards season. Plus, the writer of 1917?? Loool. That movie shouldn’t even have been nominated for that mediocre/awful Screenplay, especially when last year there were films like The Farewell or Uncut Gems.

It could be their Black Swan, albeit in Black Swan case the line between Thriller and Horror is blurry as hell. Also i believe Soho is their plan B in case Northman flopped critically.

Lol you completely forgot that Edgar Wright is right there write the screeenplay

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Plus, the writer of 1917?? Loool

She is still an Academy Award nominated screenwriter and her film has been co-written by acclaimed writer-director Edgar Wright.

Underestimate it at your peril when it’s basically this and The Northman that will be Focus’s ONLY BIG FILMS eligible.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Focus next year has also Stillwater, the Tom McCarthy (Spotlight) drama with Matt Damon.
    That will be the priority number one in late 2021 for Focus.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

And also Winston Churchill is nowhere near as beloved or memorable a figure as Diana is and had been played multiple times on screen already.

I agree he’s not as beloved, but Churchill’s one of the most famous people to have ever lived. I’d say he’s just as memorable as Diana.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 491 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 predictions’ is closed to new replies.