Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Stank83
Nicco
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

If they loved him so much he’d already have an Oscar.

The interesting thing about this is that say they did end up going against each other in 2022 both could have an ‘overdue’ narrative. Cooper would be on his fifth acting nom (my personal feelings about his American Hustle and American Sniper nods aside). Driver on at least his third.

If Driver gets in for Annette next year they would be on their fifth and fourth noms respectively, and their third Leading nom each.

Cooper’s narrative would be stronger as he also has producing noms, plus he’s eight years older, but it would definitely be an interesting race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Cooper won’t even be nominated for Nightmare Alley.
    That’s my prediction.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I mean Cooper has the baitiest role in the entire movie (not to mention the main character) of Nightmare Alley so he probably will be nominated skjksfs. I’d bet on him campaigning heavily for this to be his Best Actor win, and if he gets it, then campaigns solely on Directing for Bernstein.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I don’t think he can win for Nightmare Alley, he could even get snubbed like De Niro in The Irishman, but even if he did win, there’s no way he would play the role of Bernstein and not campaign in lead actor. I’m sure he’ll campaign in Director as well but considering the bias against actor directors probably not as strongly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Exactly. Again, people on AW and on this forum last summer were even predicting DeNiro winning for The Irishman, and we all know how it went, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the same happens to Cooper, especially in what it feels to be an extremely packed competition in the category next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Cooper won’t even be nominated for Nightmare Alley. That’s my prediction.

I was thinking his 2022 Actor nom would probably be Bernstein. Is he Lead or Supporting for NA? Could he get the double nom?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    _m4gnu5_
    Topics:

I was thinking his 2022 Actor nom would probably be Bernstein. Is he Lead or Supporting for NA? Could he get the double nom?

I think Bernstein is the year after Nightmare Alley, and he is probably lead for both.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

I don’t think he can win for Nightmare Alley, he could even get snubbed like De Niro in The Irishman, but even if he did win, there’s no way he would play the role of Bernstein and not campaign in lead actor. I’m sure he’ll campaign in Director as well but considering the bias against actor directors probably not as strongly.

I mean knowing what he did with ASIB (he thought he had Actor on lock and stuck with only campaigning as a director), I’m not going to be surprised if he campaigns like that again. And given the fact that Cooper’s role is baitier than De Niro’s and the baitiest of his respective movie, I don’t really see him getting snubbed (at least in comparison to De Niro, whose buzz was swallowed up by the supporting actors and Scorsese).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I mean knowing what he did with ASIB (he thought he had Actor on lock and stuck with only campaigning as a director), I’m not going to be surprised if he campaigns like that again. And given the fact that Cooper’s role is baitier than De Niro’s and the baitiest of his respective movie, I don’t really see him getting snubbed (at least in comparison to De Niro, whose buzz was swallowed up by the supporting actors and Scorsese).

Could the same not potentially happen to Cooper though? There are so many supporting performances in NA that could overshadow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Could the same not potentially happen to Cooper though? There are so many supporting performances in NA that could overshadow.

Nnnn not really. Blanchett potentially but since Del Toro is going by the book, again, Cooper has the best and likeliest role with the most range (though, I’m definitely not discounting Blanchett as she could win her third Oscar for the role as it’s Amy Dunne-esque).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Cooper just got 4 acting nominations last decade, 3 of them in lead. He was one of the most nominated actors of the decade tied with Bale, Lawrence, and Adams just behind Meryl.

Yes, it’s way too soon to call anyone a lock but if Nightmare Alley is this big contender some of us are expecting, without having seen the film, I’d think Cooper is the most likely acting nominee based on his recent track record and the role. Blanchett would be next.

Collette, Mara, Dafoe, Jenkins are the ones I think could potentially see overshadowing each other to get the film’s remaining nomination(s).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Agree to disagree. I actually think there’s some backlash regarding him getting so many noms (especially those ones for American Hustle and American Sniper) despite not being considered at the same level of actors like DiCaprio, Phoenix, or Bale.

So I could see him missing despite people like Blanchett or Mara getting in the other categories, especially with a fiercely competition in the category for Actor next year (Driver, DiCaprio, Bale, Smith, Butler, Washington, Elba, etc…).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nicco
    Topics:

Blanchett has juicier roles than Nightmare Alley which won’t give her her third oscar. No leading actor is winning for that movie. She has Armageddon Time, Lucy and Desi, Don’t Look up. I think she will get her third one for one of theese.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Agree to disagree. I actually think there’s some backlash regarding him getting so many noms (especially those ones for American Hustle and American Sniper) despite not being considered at the same level of actors like DiCaprio, Phoenix, or Bale. So I could see him missing despite people like Blanchett or Mara getting in the other categories, and with a fiercely competitive category for Actor next year (Driver, DiCaprio, Washington, Smith, Butler, Elba, etc…).

It is still insane to me that he got nominated for either of those films never mind both.

And yeah 2022 will be a crowded field for sure. Not only do we have everything that was delayed this year, but the entirety of next year’s awards friendly movies too. For example someone like Driver could realistically have two roles that he could be nominated for if Yankee Comandante is 2021 – three if The Last Duel moves (Scott is determined to make the current release date)

We may even see some 2021 releases move to spread things out a bit. It could take a few years to clear the backlog.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

So sad that still no foreign film have to compete in acting categories for Oscars 2022..

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.