Home Forums Movies

Movies

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 topics - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,640 total)
Switch Forum
    • Topic
    • Views
    • Was John Wayne the predicted winner in 1969?
      arodfan

I think I remember hearing that the prognosticators for that category were torn between the two Midn

Hoffman admitted that his problems with the academy (that he mentions in his speech for Kramer Versus Kramer) he later realized were just hurt feelings since he had lost for Midnight Cowboy and then wasn't even nominated for Little Big Man, Papillon

Started by:

• Views 1097
    • Posts 8
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Best Original Song: Favorite
      Tyler (or Pre Malone)

I am partial to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "You've Got a Friend in Me" due to nostalgia.

L Hawks

Lose Yourself, Skyfall and My Heart Will Go On Winners in my eyes: Audition from La La Land and Earned It Should've been nominated and won: Gangsta Paradise, See You Again, Hellfire lol

1 2

Started by: Derp Boy

• Views 3743
    • Posts 18
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • The Oscars of the Decade: 2000s
      Chimichanggas

If you want to know the full rankings of the 2010s version: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/

Jake

^^Perhaps due to the fact that it was so overrated in 2009 which was generally the weakest year of the decade along with 2005. Pleasently surprised to see how screenplay categories turned out. With one or two exceptions per list, that's how I voted

1 2

Started by: Chimichanggas

• Views 2864
    • Posts 28
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • 93rd Oscars is likely to postponed
      L Hawks

If it's postponed by one month, then fine. But if it's postponed for a whole year, I'm gonna be shoo

DaKardii

In my opinion, the Academy should keep the original deadline. It has already waived the "no straight-to-video/streaming" rule for films that were originally intended for theaters. The producers of theatrical films affected by the virus have zero excu

1 2

Started by: Dan Jo

• Views 2330
    • Posts 27
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • A Room with the View (1985) vs. Sense and Sensibility (1995)
      JayDF

Both are fabulous and make my top 100 favorite films. "A Room with a View" slightly higher at #89,

m844

They're both great, but I prefer "A Room with a View." James Ivory's directorial touch, Ruth Prawer Jhabvala's adapted screenplay, and E.M. Forster's novel are a powerful trio. A lot of great movies that year, I also loved "The Mission."

Started by: vlaxym

• Views 1361
    • Posts 8
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
    • Bad Performances in Great Movie
      tommy

It hurts me because she's a fellow Australian, but I really didn't enjoy Abbie Cornish in Three Bill

No one has brought up Mickey Rooney in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”? Tragic. It’s one of the most offensive performances in an iconic, well regarded, film. He’s truly awful.

1 2 3 4

Started by: FilmRoyalty

• Views 7547
    • Posts 47
    • Freshness
      Newest Comment
Viewing 15 topics - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,640 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.