Home Forums Movies PGA 2019

PGA 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 299 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
O´Hara
Freddy Almonte
  • BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book? That’s an embarrassing result.

Whatever happened to A Star is Born? How/why did Hollywood turn on that film?

Now we’re stuck with Green Book as the “there’s nothing else” option thanks to everybody turning on ASIB and Roma being, well, Roma and all of its issues (foreign, netflix, b/n, subject). It’s The King’s Speech (a much better film than GB) all over again.

Is Green Book really gonna win BP? Time for the campaign against it to work much harder.

ReplyCopy URL
    insomniac0987
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

They should not have been expecting that as it made zero sense. You need the DGA nod in order to win PGA, that’s the rule. Driving Miss Daisy is still the one and only exception, and that was the first year of PGA when it won. BR doesn’t need DGA in order to win SAG Ensemble, just look at The Help and Hidden Figures.

Well we think the same then, people started overreacting towards Bohemian Rhapsody after the globes, am I wrong?

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

He doesn’t strike me as a sincere and remorseful human being, unlike Farrelly who I do believe is embarrassed by the gross shit from his past .

It’s just Peter Farrelly potentially getting at least one Oscar before David Fincher, Paul Thomas Anderson, Christopher Nolan, and Wes Anderson? The audacity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s just Peter Farrelly potentially getting at least one Oscar before David Fincher, Paul Thomas Anderson, Christopher Nolan, and Wes Anderson? The audacity.

What’s wrong with it? It’s not Farrelly’s fault he released his movie last year and the giants did not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

And some people need to stop taking everything so seriously.

Amen!

People be positive. It’s just an awards. There will be next year’s. I must say I enjoyed and loved Green Book but I’m also happy for the recognitions of other films that I enjoyed too like Black Panther, Vice, The Wife, A Star is Born, FB: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Blackkklansman, Roma, The Favourite, Bohemian Rhapsody and some films that are not even in contention. Let’s be happy about the inclusions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lisa Lemon
    Participant
    Topics:

Um…I’m talking about what I’ve seen on this forum?????both the film and Rami Malek disappointed at the critics choice and now Bohemian lost at PGA. I dont get the sarcasm tbh you seem mad.

How the hell was Rami or the film winning the CCA lol the critics hated the movie, it was never expected to win there..hence it didn’t disappoint there.

Also no one really expected it to upset at PGA either.People just thought it was possible..

It has a good shot at actor & ensemble at SAG imo..might be wrong but this season anything is possible!

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  Lisa Lemon.
    ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

How the hell was Rami or the film winning the CCA lol the critics hated the movie, it was never expected to win there..hence it didn’t disappoint there.

Also no one really expected to upset at PGA either.

It has a good shot at actor & ensemble at SAG imo..might be wrong but this season anything is possible!

Critics choice are about everything in the world but critics.But well, say whatever makes you happy.Good luck with the only film you saw!

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book winning is truly a sad moment. Quoting my favorite tweets:

”Never underestimate the electoral power of white people who feel picked on, I guess. Because as a choice, this feels a lot more “We’re not gonna let the haters tear this movie down” than “No, really, it’s the best movie of the year, I swear.”” -MarkHarrisNYC

To everyone rejoicing this win as an FU to the SJWs: know that these are not baseless criticism. I have not yet found a single black film critic that liked the message Green Book is trying to send. Again, to every non-black person here, don’t tell people how to react when you aren’t effected by the racial insensitivity the film displays.

Awesome. Thank you once again, Mark Harris!

ReplyCopy URL
    Lisa Lemon
    Participant
    Topics:

Critics choice are about everything in the world but critics.But well, say whatever makes you happy.Good luck with the only film you saw!

You didn’t really just make that comment..omg I can’t breath for laughing..

The critics VOTE THE WINNERS…end of story lol

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

You didn’t really just make that comment..omg I can’t breath for laughing..

The critics VOTE THE WINNERS…end of story lol

You clearly know nothing about this race so I wont argue with you.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Amen! People be positive. It’s just an awards. There will be next year’s. I must say I enjoyed and loved Green Book but I’m also happy for the recognitions of other films that I enjoyed too like Black Panther, Vice, The Wife, A Star is Born, FB: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Blackkklansman, Roma, The Favourite, Bohemian Rhapsody and some films that are not even in contention. Let’s be happy about the inclusions.

No.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

La La Land won: PGA DGA Golden Globes’ Comedy/Musical BAFTA’s Best Picture Critics Choice’s Best Picture Best Actress Oscar And STILL lost Best Picture. asib is definitely not the frontrunner anymore but I wouldn’t say it’s completely dead in the water. Wait until sag before we start nailing the coffin. This years best picture race is all over the place, I sense rules will be broken.

None of which will amount to ASIB winning Best Picture. ASIB never was the frontrunner. It was only your minds. La La Land also won Best Director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

The frontrunner status of ASIB is an invention of GoldDerby and Kris Tapley that was never based on reality.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

None of which will amount to ASIB winning Best Picture. ASIB never was the frontrunner. It was only your minds. La La Land also won Best Director.

Not to mention that LLL lost to a movie that won WGA (which ASIB will not) + Drama Motion Picture (which it failed to win). I literally don’t see what makes ASIB competitive for BP now

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.