Home Forums Movies PGA 2019

PGA 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 299 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
O´Hara
Freddy Almonte
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I have the feeling this is a year in which statistics will be proven wrong; I am predicting Roma.

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book.

BlackKklansman as the alternative.

ROMA has no chance in hell at PGA tonight. The Netflix table can relax, and enjoy their meal and drinks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

My head says Roma, my guts say Bohemian Rhapsody

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    seberko
    Participant
    Topics:

So a few stats….

1.) A PGA winner has never not be nominated for DGA (Gbook; Blackkklansman; Vice; ASIB; Roma)

2.) A PGA winner has never not been nominated for an individual, Ensemble (or both) SAG Award. (Gbook, Blackkklansman, Vice, ASIB)

3.) Since ’07, every PGA winner has been nominated for a GGlobes Screenplay. (GBook; Roma)

So, wildly, I think tonight is “Green Book”, not “Roma” with zero SAG individual or Ensemble nominations. Just too many current/former actors are in the PGA.

Vice was also nominated for Globes Screenplay, so based on your stats, it’s between Green Book, Roma and Vice.

But I don’t think those facts will matter. Major stats have been broken recently. The PGA stay broke when Spotlight beat The Big Short at the Oscars and the SAG stay broke when Shape of Water won without a SAG Ensemble nom. With the changing demographics of the Academy, stats and trends are shifting too.

If your stats do prove true, I agree that Green Book takes it. But I’m predicting Black Panther, with ASIB as a spoiler

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m only considering Roma, Black Panther, Green Book, BlacKKKlansman, and A star is Born

Green Book’s smear campaign will hurt it and I don’t think it can get past the preferential ballot.

Roma is the best picture contender to beat, but it might be too indie for PGA.

A Star is Born looks good. The guilds like it. It’s a big movie and has passionate fans. But I’m not sure I’ll predict it to win a major best picture prize until it does.

If Black Panther were to win anything, it’d be PGA, but I think it hasn’t performed well enough to be in the running for a win.

I’m going out on a limb and predicting BlacKKKlansman. It’s been performing well everywhere, and doesn’t seem too small for PGA. It doesn’t have much for it, but it doesn’t have a ton against it either, less than the other contenders. So I think it’s lack of baggage will carry it to a win.

1) BlacKKKlansman
    2) A Star is Born
    3) Roma
    4) Green Book
    5) Black Panther
    6) Bohemian Rhapsody
    7) The Favourite
    8) Vice
    9) Crazy Rich Asians
    10) A Quiet Place

ReplyCopy URL
    chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
    2. Green Book

i hate it but that’s how i feel

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

To refresh, nominees are BlacKkKlansman, Green Book, Roma, A Star Is Born, Vice, Black Panther, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Rich Asians, The Favourite and A Quiet Place. I’m officially ABR: Anything But Roma. In an ideal world, Black Panther rolls over this field, but they’ve taken too many body blows going into tomorrow night. So in a *less* ideal world, ASIB or BlacKKKlansman gets the prize, with Crazy Rich Asians my dark horse. Looks like a 8PM Pacific start time tomorrow.

oh my god

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Roma
    2. A Star Is Born
    3. BlacKkKlansman
    4. Green Book
    5. Bohemian Rhapsody
    6. The Favourite
    7. Crazy Rich Asians
    8. Black Panther
    9. Vice
    10. A Quiet Place

ReplyCopy URL
    Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going out on a limb and predicting BlacKKKlansman. It’s been performing well everywhere, and doesn’t seem too small for PGA. It doesn’t have much for it, but it doesn’t have a ton against it either, less than the other contenders. So I think it’s lack of baggage will carry it to a win. 1) BlacKKKlansman 2) A Star is Born 3) Roma 4) Green Book 5) Black Panther 6) Bohemian Rhapsody 7) The Favourite 8) Vice 9) Crazy Rich Asians 10) A Quiet Place

I hope BlacKKKlansman doesn’t win it. It’s a good film but not a great film. To think that Roma could get passed up because of all the absurd criteria that the PGA has for picking its winners. Ugh!

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want Roma to lose so we have a BP battle

And of course Gunk Book to not win

ReplyCopy URL
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

The Favourite (I wish), Roma, or A Star Is Born for the win!

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t care: JUST NOT BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Blackkklansman has been nominated everywhere and has lost everything. That’s the definition of a filler nomination and that’s why it has not chance of winning Best Picture or Best Director.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Comedy Series: Barry, Limited Series: Chernobyl, Drama Lead Actor: Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul), Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Drama Directing: Miguel Sapochnik for The Long Night (Game of Thrones), Drama Writing: Jed Mercurio for Episode 1 (Bodyguard)

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking Roma takes it. I would love for The Favourite to win but it’s not gonna happen

ReplyCopy URL
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

Blackkklansman has been nominated everywhere and has lost everything. That’s the definition of a filler nomination and that’s why it has not chance of winning Best Picture or Best Director.

Wouldn’t being nominated everywhere give it a decent chance of winning preferential ballot awards like this or Best Picture?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.