Home Forums Movies Rank the Quartet of Acting Winners of the 2010s

Rank the Quartet of Acting Winners of the 2010s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Monty
Wanda
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Now that the 2010’s are over, here’s how I rank the quartet of acting winners from this past decade. I was able to figure out my rankings based on how many of the acting winners in a specific year I 100% agree with:

1. 2010 (4/4)

2. 2012 (3/4) – I only disagree with Best Supporting Actor as I personally would’ve given that award to Alan Arkin for Argo. Though had Leonardo DiCaprio been nominated for Django Unchained, he absolutely would’ve had my vote.

3. 2014 (3/4) – I only disagree with Best Supporting Actress as I personally would’ve given that award to either Kiera Knightley for The Imitation Game or Emma Stone for Birdman.

4. 2019 (3/4) – I only disagree with Best Supporting Actor as I personally would’ve given that award to Al Pacino for The Irishman.

5. 2011 (3/4) – I only saw Beginners once a long while ago, so I’m not sure if I can give a fair judgement of Christopher Plummer winning Best Supporting Actor.

6. 2013 (3/4) – I only disagree with Best Actor as I personally would’ve given that award to Chiwetel Ejiofer for 12 Years a Slave.

7. 2016 (2/4) – I 100% agree with Casey Affleck and Viola Davis’ wins, but I personally would’ve given Best Actress to Natalie Portman for Jackie and Best Supporting Actor to Dev Patel for Lion.

8. 2017 (2/4) – I mainly agree with Gary Oldman and Frances McDormand winning both lead acting awards (though Sally Hawkins was definitely a very close second for me in Best Actress). I personally would’ve given the supporting awards to Richard Jenkins for The Shape of Water and Mary J. Blige for Mudbound.

9. 2015 (2/4) – I 100% agree with Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Rylance’s wins, but I personally would’ve given Best Actress to Saoirse Ronan for Brooklyn and Best Supporting Actress to Kate Winslet for Steve Jobs.

10. 2018 (1/4) – I only 100% agree with Mahershala Ali winning Best Supporting Actor for Green Book. My personal winners in the three other categories were Christian Bale for Vice, Yalitza Aparicio for Roma (though I probably would’ve voted for Glenn Close), and Amy Adams for Vice (though Regina King was my runner-up).

So what’s your ranking? Even if there’s at least one year where you haven’t seen all four acting winners, feel free to rank the ones you have actually seen.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Jeffrey Kare.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Jeffrey Kare.
    • This topic was modified 3 months ago by Jeffrey Kare.
    Profile picture
    Monty
    Topics:

2010 and 2019 are the best quartet. At least both leading performance (Portman, Firth, Zellweger, Phoenix) are really deserving of the wins.

But when it comes to best acting quartet, 1951 (Humphrey Bogart, Vivien Leigh, Karl Madsen, Kim Hunter) and 2007 (Daniel Day Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Jarvier Barden, Tilda Swinton) are really outstanding.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Monty.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Monty.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

2019 (1/4) Olivia Colman
    2018 (1/4) Alison Janney
    2017 (1/4) Casey Affleck
    2016 (1/4) Brie Larson
    2020 (0/4)

Those are the years from which I watched every nominated performance.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

The ones I care about :

Note: I’m talking about the years of the awards

2013: Daniel Day Lewis was a great choice even though my personal favourite was Joaquin Phoenix. The rest of the nominees were better than Jennifer Lawrence. Philip Seymour Hoffman deserved supporting actor. Anne Hathaway deserved her supporting actress trophy.

2014: Leonardo DiCaprio deserved best actor. Cate Blanchett deserved her win. Jered Leto deservedly got supporting actor. Sally Hawkins should have won supporting actress.

2015: It’s a good thing that the overdue narrative worked for Julianne Moore. Eddie Redmayne was the best in his category even though the unnominated Jake Gyllenhaal was the best of all. J. K Simmons was a great winner, but s actress should have gone to Meryl Streep.

2016: DiCaprio and Larson didn’t have  competitions. Mark Rylance deserved his win. Kate Winslet deserved S actress.

2017: Year of bad winners. Viggo Mortensen deserved best actor. Natalie Portman deserved best actress. Jeff Bridges was the best in his category and Naomi Harris should have taken best actress even though Viola Davis wasn’t a bad choice at all.

2018: I liked Gary Oldman, but Daniel Kaluuya so deserved. Margot Robbie was by far the best female performance of that year. Sam Rockwell and Alison Janney were the best supporting candidates.

2019: Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga so deserved. They were robbed….especially Gaga. Rachel Weisz deserved S actress. Ali was good in Green Book (although it’s a case of category fraud), I’m only against his win because he already had an undeserved win by then.

The current year : Joaquin Phoenix got what he deserved. One of the best performances of all time. Renée Zellweger wasn’t the best in her category but she wasn’t bad at all. The supporting actor candidates were so stale and uninspiring. Pitt got his due. Laura Dern is simply the worst winner ever. Margot Robbie was the best, but Scarlett Johansson wouldn’t have been bad at all

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Lil Tony.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Lil Tony.

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.