September 24, 2020 at 7:05 pm #1203732889
I am hands down voting for Metcalf. Like many of you have said, Metcalf’s performance in this film is the definition of what a supporting performance should be. Her performance made me and I’m sure many of you here feel ever single emotion throughout the film’s runtime. Which leads to the scene with her leaving the airport, which is one of the most remarkable pieces of acting in film I have ever seen. Easily in my opinion, the best Supporting Actress performance of the 2010s that didn’t win.
I will when this game finishes. Any suggestions?
I think Supporting Actor seems like the next step.
FYC Oscars: Soul (Best Picture, Original Screenplay, and Original Score), Regina King (Best Director), Delroy Lindo (Best Actor), Viola Davis (Best Actress), Leslie Odom Jr. (Best Supporting Actor)September 26, 2020 at 4:59 pm #1203737045
Just a reminder guys you have until tomorrow to vote by commenting which of the five performances is the best in this thread and why. If you don’t do so in 24 hours your vote will not be counted!
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"September 27, 2020 at 9:48 pm #1203738573
1. Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird
2. Naomi Harris, Moonlight
3. Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
4. Julia Roberts, August Osage County
5. Emma Stone, The Favourite
6. Jessica Chastain, The Help
7. Melissa McCarthy, Bridesmaids
8. Kate Winslet, Steve Jobs
9. Amy Adams, The Fighter
10. Michelle Williams, Manchester by the SeaDecember 13, 2020 at 9:01 am #1203916597
3) Naomie Harris, Moonlight – 1575 points
2) Rachel Weisz, The Favourite – 1706 votes
1) Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird – 2190 votes
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"January 6, 2021 at 9:09 am #1203965828
idk but Jennifer Lawrence is last..that performance was embarassing and hard to watch and honestly the worst nomination of the century
Helen Hunt, Rooney Mara, Emma Stone, and Julia Roberts were some of the best but their performances were lead..
Laurie Metcalf Jacki Weaver (not for SLP) and Rachel Weisz would probably be my picksJanuary 6, 2021 at 10:45 am #1203966051
I’ve really not seen a lot of these, and some are pretty far back in my memory, but out of those I’ve seen:
1. Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
2. Naomie Harris, Moonlight
3. Jessica Chastain, The Help
4. Rooney Mara, Carol
5. Marina de Tavira, Roma
Sally Hawkins, Blue Jasmine
Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird
Nicole Kidman, Lion
Lesley Manville, Phantom Thread
Margot Robbie, Bombshell
Amy Adams, Vice
Emma Stone, The Favourite
Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Jacki Weaver, Silver Linings Playbook
Meryl Streep, Into the Woods
Rachel McAdams, Spotlight
Florence Pugh, Little Women
FYC: Michaela Coel and Rosamund PikeJanuary 6, 2021 at 2:24 pm #1203966376
1. Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird
2. Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
3. Emma Stone, The Favourite
4. Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea
5. Rooney Mara, Carol
6. Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
7. Naomie Harris, Moonlight
8. Marina de Tavira, Roma
9. Nicole Kidman, Lion
10. June Squibb, Nebraska
Bottom 5 we could have done without:
1. Rachael McAdams, Spotlight
2. Amy Adams, Vice
3. Kathy Bates, Richard Jewell
4. Margot Robbie, Bombshell
5. Scarlett Johansson, Jojo RabbitJanuary 6, 2021 at 7:41 pm #1203966746
I’m not even lying when I say I think about it once a day
She ate critics up and was rejected by the televised awards. Literally a tragedy.
Director: Chloé Zhao, "Nomadland"
Actor: Delroy Lindo, "Da 5 Bloods"
Actress: Carey Mulligan, "Promising Young Woman"
Supporting Actor: Glynn Turman, "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom"
Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-jung, "Minari"
"Don't be a Republican" - Lady Bird RonanJanuary 9, 2021 at 5:34 am #1203971510
Gonna exclude the leading roles in a supporting category like Julia Roberts, Helen Hunt, Emma Stone, Rachel Weizs and Rooney Mara:
01. Jessica Chastain – The Help
02. Naomie Harris – Moonlight
03. Florence Pugh – Little Women
04. Laurie Metcalf – Lady Bird
05. Melissa McCarthy – Bridesmaids
My top two are absolutely brilliant performances! I hope we get to see more of Harris in the future
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.