Home Forums Movies Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 307 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Leo Grant Logan
Teridax
Alex Meyer
  • Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    A Bad Moms Christmas – 29% on Rotten Tomatoes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    “Daddy’s Home 2” – Could the sequel to the poorly-reviewed original earn nominations for Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg since they have other films that are in contention (“The House”, “Transformers: The Last Knight”)?

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

emoji movie should win easily

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually saw it and while Emoji sucked, some of the animation was pretty, not all the voice actors were annoying as all hell (looking at you James f**king Corden as “High Five”) like Maya Rudolph and Anna Faris.

I can name 5 worse movies that stuck with me more and I have grown to only hate more passionately since I saw them. In fact, here is 5 just off the top of my head.

The Mummy

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Pirates 5

Boo 2: A Madea Halloween

The Snowman

I am only considering The Emoji Movie for Worst Screenplay and Worst Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel. “sigh” And maybe Worst Picture, who am I kidding IT SUCKED SO BAD!!! I will not write it in if it isn’t already on my Razzie nominating ballot, but if it is there… it may prove very difficult to resist.

I still would honestly be forced to watch Emoji Movie a million times again then ever have to see a frame of Boo 2 or King Arthur ever again! Those are my 2 worst for now, but like I said, that stupid Mummy movie really got on my nerves, for just how blatantly obvious this was just a pathetic attempt to rip-off the Marvel forumula of having a cinematic universe. “Dark Universe,” HA! More like, “D.O.A. Universe!” 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Razzies do decide to go with 6 nominees next year for each category instead of 5, here’s my picks for Worst Picture, as these are my 6 worst films of the year, as of right now:

The Emoji Movie
    Fist Fight
    Friend Request
    The House
    Rough Night
    Snatched

While I’m sure Fifty Shades Darker and Transformers: The Last Knight will inevitably be nominated, I didn’t include them on my list simply because I refused to see them. Those franchises will not get a single cent of my money.

To any Razzie voters out there, please consider nominating any of those 6 films I mentioned, because they are complete and utter garbage, especially Fist Fight, Rough Night and The Emoji Movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC for Daddy’s Home 2

WORST PICTURE
    WORST DIRECTOR – Sean Anders
    WORST ACTOR – Will Ferrell (also for The House)
    WORST ACTOR – Mark Wahlberg (also for Transformers: The Last Knight)
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR – Mel Gibson
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR – John Lithgow
    WORST SCREENPLAY
    WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIPOFF OR SEQUEL

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    “Just Getting Started” with Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones and Rene Russo – Not screened for critics!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually saw it and while Emoji sucked, some of the animation was pretty, not all the voice actors were annoying as all hell (looking at you James f**king Corden as “High Five”) like Maya Rudolph and Anna Faris.

I can name 5 worse movies that stuck with me more and I have grown to only hate more passionately since I saw them. In fact, here is 5 just off the top of my head.

The Mummy

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Pirates 5

Boo 2: A Madea Halloween

The Snowman

I am only considering The Emoji Movie for Worst Screenplay and Worst Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel. “sigh” And maybe Worst Picture, who am I kidding IT SUCKED SO BAD!!! I will not write it in if it isn’t already on my Razzie nominating ballot, but if it is there… it may prove very difficult to resist.

I still would honestly be forced to watch Emoji Movie a million times again then ever have to see a frame of Boo 2 or King Arthur ever again! Those are my 2 worst for now, but like I said, that stupid Mummy movie really got on my nerves, for just how blatantly obvious this was just a pathetic attempt to rip-off the Marvel forumula of having a cinematic universe. “Dark Universe,” HA! More like, “D.O.A. Universe!” ????

It won’t happen, but please nominate Jake Johnson in The Mummy. He was AWFUL!!!

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    roger88
    Participant
    Topics:

If there’s film justice, Wonder Wheel must be on the Razzies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubtful. Kate Winslet had a great performance and the cinematography got a lot of praise, so it’ll probably be enough to save it.

For my money, I see it being Emoji Movie, The Dark Tower (though hopefully Elba and McConaughey are spared), Fifty Shades Darker, the obligatory Madea film and the equally obligatory Transformers. It’s amazing how many bad movies there’ve been even though I’ve been really pleased with what was good this year. At least the DC Universe was spared from their wrath this time around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC for Just Getting Started

WORST PICTURE
    WORST DIRECTOR – Ron Shelton
    WORST ACTOR – Morgan Freeman
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR – Tommy Lee Jones
    WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS – Rene Russo
    WORST SCREENPLAY
    WORST SCREEN COMBO – The entire cast

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

How about Tulip Fever? I want it to get nominated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm, it certainly looks bad enough. I don’t know if the Razzies would go for more obscure bad films, though, over the popular or well-known ones like The Mummy or Fifty Shades. They’re more like the Grammys in that sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst Actress: Scarlett Johansson – Rough Night

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Just Getting Started DEFINITELY deserves some Razzie nominations. I had a feeling it would be bad, but not THIS bad. This is the worst performance I have ever seen from Morgan Freeman, Tommy Lee Jones AND Rene Russo. And the fact that this was one of the last films of the late Glenne Headly (RIP) is just shameful. As of right now, Just Getting Started is #7 on my worst films of 2017 list I’m currently making and constantly updating.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.