Home Forums Movies Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 307 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Leo Grant Logan
Teridax
Alex Meyer
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lawrence and Pfeiffer mentions are embarrassing

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Mother! is no masterpiece, but it’s not a bad film. I suspect the Razzies only have it on the ballot because of the F grade from CinemaScore. As for The Emoji Movie, why are the voice actors like T.J. Miller, James Corden and Maya Rudolph not eligible?! Part of the reason why that movie was tortuous to sit through were their awful gimme-that-paycheck performances.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Alex Meyer.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of oddities as well. Why is Sofia Boutella eligible for The Mummy, but not Annabelle Wallis? Why is Tommy Lee Jones eligible for Just Getting Started, but not Morgan Freeman? Why is Goldie Hawn eligible for Snatched, but not Amy Schumer?

Also, WHY THE HELL IS Fist Fight NOT ON HERE FOR ANYTHING?! THIS IS BULLCRAP!!!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Alex Meyer.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmfaooooooo I’m hollering at Mother and Wonder Wheel sweeping the shortlist. Both Lawrence and Winslet have been overdue for nominations anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts on these Razzie nominations, coming from an actual Razzie voter:

Jennifer Lawrence got really obnoxious and one-dimensional towards the end of Mother (“What are they doing to my house?!” LMFAO!!!) and I am fine with her making the shortlist.

Pfeiffer is more confusing since she wasn’t really bad, she just had no material to work with and didn’t make any kind of impact for better or worse. I hadn’t known her to to be a Razzie favorite or name-check like Sandler or Stallone, so her inclusion baffles me.

I might vote for Lawrence. One thing is for sure, Three Billboards will NOT be making my Razzie Ballot. I never expected this to be so inclusive and thorough in its acknowledgment of the WORST of the year, critical loathing or not! This is by far and beyond the best Razzie ballot I have ever received.

My only major issues is that The Snowman wasn’t shortlisted for Worst Picture, Worst Director, and Worst Screenplay. I have seen Darren Aronofsky’s Mother and Seth Gordon’s Baywatch, and while both of those movies made it into all 3 of those categories, and I can tell you right now they were infinitely more watchable and less obnoxiously messy and boring than the freaking Snowman! #TheSnowmanWuzRobbed

Also, my other bigger issue is WHERE THE F**K is Resident Evil: The Final Chapter?! That nonsensical pile of convoluted and nihilistic vomit deserved to be shortlisted for Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel and Iain Glen for Worst Supporting Actor at the very least! Like with critics, I feel this movie was cut a lot of slack it didn’t deserve simply because it is the “Final Chapter,” even though in my opinion it is truly the most unpleasant and very WORST of the entire series. 🙁

Seeing that Wonder Wheel actually made the cut in so many major Razzie categories is amazing to me. I hate to say this, but I’ve gotta see that Woody Allen film somehow. The Circle, The Dark Tower, Table 19, The Book of Henry, Snatched, The House, Flatliners, Underworld: Blood Wars and I’ll have to get from Redbox. Gold technically came out at the VERY end of last year, but it went wide this year and got mixed-to-negative reviews from critics. I can see why John Wilson included McConaughey for both Gold and The Dark Tower, though I still would have shortlisted him for just the latter, for the sake of honesty.

Fantastic selections overall, and I already have The Emoji Movie and Boo 2: A Madea Halloween reserved slots in at least a couple categories. 🙂

Is it bad that I will probably end up voting for Mel Gibson in Worst Supporting Actor without seeing Daddy’s Home 2, just because f**k that anti-semitic, racist, homophobic, and misogynistic asshole and his undeserved comeback?

A couple more criticisms. I can understand Lawrence making the shortlist for Mother, not really Pfieffer at all, but Javier Bardem making the cut for his mediocre but not atrocious performance in the bad movie Pirates 5 and his outright Oscar-worthy (in my opinion) in the okay but definitely not bad film Mother feels disingenuous and sickening. Because Pirates 5 sucked so bad I could see him as a fine but not great Razzie contender, but he gave the best and most memorable performance in Mother, in my opinion! UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT: Bardem’s performance in Mother was more layered and impressive than his Oscar-winning work in No Country For Old Men.

While Anthony Hopkins wasn’t amazing in Transformers: The Last Knight, like Bardem he was easily the best performance in the movie and made the film as a whole a lot more watchable for me than it would have been without him.

Fifty Shades Darker wasn’t that bad dammit! I really hope my fellow Razzie voters don’t take the bait and go for such an easy (and in my minority opinion, undeserving) target!

Fifty Shades Darker, Baywatch, Mother, & Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets absolutely for sure did NOT deserve to be shortlisted for Worst Picture over Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, The Snowman, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and Boo 2: A Madea Halloween, the latter of which actually had Razzie favorite Tyler Perry doing some of the worst-reviewed work of his entire career! How ironic is it that the biggest category of the Razzies, Worst Picture, is the one with the least awful movies to choose from?

These Razzies made some key calls I really hope get nominations, such as Johnny Depp “Pirates 5,” Russell Crowe “The Mummy,” and Boo 2 and The Emoji Movie in literally every category that they got shortlisted for. A vast improvement over Razzie ballots from previous years IMHO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The guy who ‘runs’ the Razzies is a brain-dead sack of festering dung- I would not give him a CENT to take part in his ripoff ballot/awards… #scamfartist

You’re more obsessed with the Razzies than any person I have ever known. You’re more than just a simple troll, you legit hate-stan them every year around this time, which happens to be the only time that you ever crawl out of whatever cave you dwell in to post on these Goldderby forums, in order to rant and rave all about how they don’t mean anything and John Wilson sucks and blah blah blah. All this when Razzie voters such as myself just want to and will continue to have our fun. You don’t like the Razzies, we get it already. You:

Have a nice day and a happy new year, sir. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate that they nominate the actors of a bad film like they gave a bad performance, when instead they gave a terrific one. The Razzies are a complete joke.

ReplyCopy URL
    lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts on these Razzie nominations, coming from an actual Razzie voter: Jennifer Lawrence got really obnoxious and one-dimensional towards the end of Mother (“What are they doing to my house?!” LMFAO!!!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate that they nominate the actors of a bad film like they gave a bad performance, when instead they gave a terrific one. The Razzies are a complete joke.

To you, in your opinion they gave terrific performances. To many others, they did not. Mother is the most divisive film of the entire year. While I myself enjoyed the movie, I can admite that most audiences who gave the movie a freaking F Cinemascore would have agreed with John Wilson that the performances sucked too. I don’t agree AT ALL with Javier Bardem’s inclusion on my Razzie ballot, and would have preferred to see him only listed for Pirates 5.

f your really want to nitpick the flaws with this Razzie ballot, one of the biggest for me is that Kate Winslet is listed as Supporting in Wonder Wheel when I heard she was Lead in that film. Did John Wilson even watch that movie?

Also, no Razzie recognition of I Love You, Daddy (the fact it didn’t get released should have made it more of of a contender, if anything) and Max Landis’ laughably bad Bright Screenplay is atrocious and inexcusable. I still have yet to actually watch the controversial Louis C.K. film, but I have seen Bright and I assure you that it had a far more Razzie-worthy script than Mother!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence gave one of the best performances of the year so the joke’s on them.

Ummm… you’re joking, right? No, she really didn’t. If you liked her, fine. Opinions are cool and all but… she really didn’t, even though she clearly tried hard with what she was given.

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

This ballot is just dumb. So overwhelmingly dumb. I’m just gonna use one example as to why since there is no need to be here all day. I saw Table 19 this year and yes while the movie was just kinda bad, June Squibb gave a great performance that deftly balanced comedy and drama. The razzies just want to throw her on the ballot since she’s a recent Oscar nominee where someone who will still give their all in a paycheck kinda movie is exactly the kind of actress we should want to see more of. More ridiculous since if they wanted to include actors from table 19, they could’ve thrown in Lisa Kudrow and Craig Robinson who didn’t try at all and were bad. But rather than do that, whoever runs the razzies would rather kick a 88 year old woman for giving her full acting potential in a bad movie.

The razzies do not only choose to nominate the worst performances. They vote to bully and humiliate.

I loved when Sandra Bullock gave them a respectful telloff by giving them dvds of her ok performance they chose to label the worst of the year only because she was also about to win an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    eric
    Participant
    Topics:

The razzies do not only choose to nominate the worst performances. They vote to bully and humiliate.

I agree with you

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

To you, in your opinion they gave terrific performances. To many others, they did not. Mother is the most divisive film of the entire year. While I myself enjoyed the movie, I can admite that most audiences who gave the movie a freaking F Cinemascore would have agreed with John Wilson that the performances sucked too. I don’t agree AT ALL with Javier Bardem’s inclusion on my Razzie ballot, and would have preferred to see him only listed for Pirates 5.

f your really want to nitpick the flaws with this Razzie ballot, one of the biggest for me is that Kate Winslet is listed as Supporting in Wonder Wheel when I heard she was Lead in that film. Did John Wilson even watch that movie?

Also, no Razzie recognition of I Love You, Daddy (the fact it didn’t get released should have made it more of of a contender, if anything) and Max Landis’ laughably bad Bright Screenplay is atrocious and inexcusable. I still have yet to actually watch the controversial Louis C.K. film, but I have seen Bright and I assure you that it had a far more Razzie-worthy script than Mother!

Well, I didn’t name anyone, but I’m talking regarding the awards in general, not this year only. I personally would have added someone else instead of Kate Winslet e.g. And I agree about Winslet being supporting, it’s lame, she’s clearly the lead. They’re just stupid; Woody Allen’s films always have actors credited in alphabetical order, but that doesn’t mean there’s no lead. But, they’ve miscategorised actors before countless times.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

When are they going to announce the nominees?

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

January 22 is when it’ll be announced.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 307 total)
Reply To: Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.