Home Forums Movies Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

Razzie Awards 2017: Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Leo Grant Logan
Diet Teridax
Alex Meyer
  • tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

My predicted nominees:

WORST PICTURE
    Baywatch
    The Emoji Movie
    Fifty Shades Darker
    Just Getting Started
    The Mummy
    Transformers: The Last Knight

WORST DIRECTOR
    Michael Bay – Transformers: The Last Knight
    Seth Gordon – Baywatch
    Alex Kurtzman – The Mummy
    Anthony Leonidis – The Emoji Movie
    Tyler Perry – Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
    Ron Shelton – Just Getting Started

WORST ACTOR
    Tom Cruise – The Mummy
    Jamie Dornan – Fifty Shades Darker
    Will Ferrell – Daddy’s Home 2 / The House
    Dwayne Johnson – Baywatch
    Matthew McConaughey – The Dark Tower / Gold
    Mark Wahlberg – Daddy’s Home 2 / Transformers: The Last Knight

WORST ACTRESS
    Kate Beckinsale – Underworld: Blood Wars
    Katherine Heigl – Unforgettable
    Dakota Johnson – Fifty Shades Darker
    Tyler Perry (as Madea) – Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
    Rene Russo – Just Getting Started
    Emma Watson – The Circle

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Kim Basinger – Fifty Shades Darker
    Sofia Boutella – The Mummy
    Alexandra Daddario – Baywatch
    Laura Haddock – Transformers: The Last Knight
    Michelle Pfeiffer – Mother!
    Kate Winslet – Wonder Wheel

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Jim Belushi – Wonder Wheel
    Russell Crowe – The Mummy
    Josh Duhamel – The Institute / The Show / Transformers: The Last Knight
    Anthony Hopkins – Collide / Transformers: The Last Knight
    Jude Law – King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
    John Lithgow – Daddy’s Home 2

WORST SCREENPLAY
    Baywatch
    Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
    CHiPS
    The Emoji Movie
    Fifty Shades Darker
    The Mummy

WORST SCREEN COMBO
    Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions – Fifty Shades Darker
    Any two characters in speedos, bikinis or thongs – Baywatch
    Any two obnoxious Emojis – The Emoji Movie
    Any two tiresome characters – Wonder Wheel
    Johnny Depp and his worn out drunk routine – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Tyler Perry and either the ratty old dress or worn out wig – Boo 2! A Madea Halloween

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIPOFF OR SEQUEL
    Baywatch
    Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
    Fifty Shades Darker
    King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
    The Mummy

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

This ballot is just dumb. So overwhelmingly dumb. I’m just gonna use one example as to why since there is no need to be here all day. I saw Table 19 this year and yes while the movie was just kinda bad, June Squibb gave a great performance that deftly balanced comedy and drama. The razzies just want to throw her on the ballot since she’s a recent Oscar nominee where someone who will still give their all in a paycheck kinda movie is exactly the kind of actress we should want to see more of. More ridiculous since if they wanted to include actors from table 19, they could’ve thrown in Lisa Kudrow and Craig Robinson who didn’t try at all and were bad. But rather than do that, whoever runs the razzies would rather kick a 88 year old woman for giving her full acting potential in a bad movie.

The razzies do not only choose to nominate the worst performances. They vote to bully and humiliate.

I loved when Sandra Bullock gave them a respectful telloff by giving them dvds of her ok performance they chose to label the worst of the year only because she was also about to win an Oscar.

I take serious issue with that statement because as a Razzie voter myself I try to see as many contenders and shitty movies as I can, with worst of the year being the biggest priority. Tonight, I’m seeing The House and The Circle, which are shortlisted on the Razzie nominating ballot 3 times and 5 times respectively. I do as much research as I can to cast the most informed ballot I possibly can. However, since all art is entirely subjective, it is perfectly natural you won’t always agree with their choices, just like with the Oscars and every other awards out there.

Also, keep in mind there are some egotistical assholes out there such as Kirk Cameron and Dinesh D’Souza who actually deserve to be bullied and humiliated, considering all the atrocious and bigoted bullying they do in real life that actually does hurt people, unlike the Razzies which are only for fun and sweet revenge on crappy movies at the end of the day. Just my honest opinion.

Remember when The Last Airbender swept the Razzies? That was cathartic to an extent, or at least it was for me as a fan of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender television series.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

This ballot is just dumb. So overwhelmingly dumb. I’m just gonna use one example as to why since there is no need to be here all day. I saw Table 19 this year and yes while the movie was just kinda bad, June Squibb gave a great performance that deftly balanced comedy and drama. The razzies just want to throw her on the ballot since she’s a recent Oscar nominee where someone who will still give their all in a paycheck kinda movie is exactly the kind of actress we should want to see more of. More ridiculous since if they wanted to include actors from table 19, they could’ve thrown in Lisa Kudrow and Craig Robinson who didn’t try at all and were bad. But rather than do that, whoever runs the razzies would rather kick a 88 year old woman for giving her full acting potential in a bad movie. The razzies do not only choose to nominate the worst performances. They vote to bully and humiliate. I loved when Sandra Bullock gave them a respectful telloff by giving them dvds of her ok performance they chose to label the worst of the year only because she was also about to win an Oscar.

I take serious issue with that statement because as a Razzie voter myself I try to see as many contenders and shitty movies as I can

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Remember when The Last Airbender swept the Razzies? That was cathartic to an extent, or at least it was for me as a fan of the original Avatar: The Last Airbender television series.

I actually enjoyed the movie when I was a kid, lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@emmywinner What? I take pride in being a responsible Razzie voter. You can’t hate the Razzies completely if at least some of its members like me actually go out of their way to actually watch the crap they are voting for. I won’t see every terrible movie that comes out if there is a chance it won’t be a Razzie contender. Thankfully, I never saw and never will see The Bye Bye Man, Monster Trucks, and The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature because I wasn’t sure if they were locks for the Razzie nominating ballot. On the other hand, I had to see garbage like The Mummy, Transformers: The Last Knight, and The Emoji Movie because I freaking knew they would be huge Razzie contenders based on the infamy they had received upon release. Because I saw so many of these movies, I even wound up finding a couple that I honestly didn’t think were that bad such as CHiPS, Baywatch, Fifty Shades Darker, and the genuinely decent Mother and Valerian.

Question for the Goldderby community? I have narrowed down my choices for Worst Screenplay to just 8 movies, but it needs to be 5.

The Emoji Movie
    The House
    Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
    The Mummy
    King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

The Emoji Movie and The House are pretty much the only locks for me, but which of the others are the worst-written? I would appreciate any and all feedback I can get. Thank you. 🙂

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

@emmywinner What? I take pride in being a responsible Razzie voter. You can’t hate the Razzies completely if at least some of its members like me actually go out of their way to actually watch the crap they are voting for.

I am just messing with you, buddy.

You are one of my favorites here on Goldderby.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@emmywinner Thanks, same to you! I will always be grateful to you for being one of the only forum posters besides me that defended Ann Dowd’s Emmy win for “The Handmaid’s Tale.” 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think Sally Hawkins and Frances McDormand need to compete at the Razzies, not the Oscars. What a pair of disgusting performances!

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

This ballot is just dumb. So overwhelmingly dumb. I’m just gonna use one example as to why since there is no need to be here all day. I saw Table 19 this year and yes while the movie was just kinda bad, June Squibb gave a great performance that deftly balanced comedy and drama. The razzies just want to throw her on the ballot since she’s a recent Oscar nominee where someone who will still give their all in a paycheck kinda movie is exactly the kind of actress we should want to see more of. More ridiculous since if they wanted to include actors from table 19, they could’ve thrown in Lisa Kudrow and Craig Robinson who didn’t try at all and were bad. But rather than do that, whoever runs the razzies would rather kick a 88 year old woman for giving her full acting potential in a bad movie.

The razzies do not only choose to nominate the worst performances. They vote to bully and humiliate.

I loved when Sandra Bullock gave them a respectful telloff by giving them dvds of her ok performance they chose to label the worst of the year only because she was also about to win an Oscar.

I take serious issue with that statement because as a Razzie voter myself I try to see as many contenders and shitty movies as I can, with worst of the year being the biggest priority. Tonight, I’m seeing The House and The Circle, which are shortlisted on the Razzie nominating ballot 3 times and 5 times respectively. I do as much research as I can to cast the most informed ballot I possibly can. However, since all art is entirely subjective, it is perfectly natural you won’t always agree with their choices, just like with the Oscars and every other awards out there.

Also, keep in mind there are some egotistical assholes out there such as Kirk Cameron and Dinesh D’Souza who actually deserve to be bullied and humiliated, considering all the atrocious and bigoted bullying they do in real life that actually does hurt people, unlike the Razzies which are only for fun and sweet revenge on crappy movies at the end of the day. Just my honest opinion.

I probably crossed a line by putting all razzie voters in one basket and I’m sorry for that. The razzies do nominate bad films and the Razzie Redeemer award shows that the razzies are good sports. So my bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Winslet, Jennifer Lawrence, Michelle Pfeiffer ane Javier Bardem? What kind of bullshit is this list? They are some of the best performances of the year! Screw you Razzies!

ReplyCopy URL
    lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Winslet, Jennifer Lawrence, Michelle Pfeiffer ane Javier Bardem? What kind of bullshit is this list? They are some of the best performances of the year!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^the list isn’t the actual nominations, which I don’t believe have been released yet.

Why is Kate Winslet on your Supporting Actress list when it is a lead performance?

I have only seen two of the films mentioned on your list: mother! and Wonder Wheel. Kate Winslet is excellent in a film that is otherwise miscast. While I didn’t care for mother! it is not Razzie worthy. Three Billboards should be Razzie nominated in every single category it is eligible for – the worst movie I saw in 2017 (but I don’t see Razzie type movies with are exceptions).

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think Sally Hawkins and Frances McDormand need to compete at the Razzies, not the Oscars. What a pair of disgusting performances!

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t even dare to remember me that ATROCIOUS performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem and Michelle Pfeiffer in the shortlist?
    You’re tearing me apart Razzies!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Borja Lopez.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.