Home Forums Movies Razzie Awards 2019: Predictions

Razzie Awards 2019: Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Leo Grant Logan
Alex Meyer
Makuta Teridax
  • Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

Another ceremony has come and gone. Here are films released in 2018 that are eligible for Razzie consideration.

UNDER CONSIDERATION
    THE 15:17 TO PARIS
    THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX
    DEATH WISH
    FIFTY SHADES FREED
    FOREVER MY GIRL
    INSIDIOUS: THE LAST KEY
    MUTE
    PROUD MARY
    WINCHESTER

JMK21571
    Participant
    Topics:

So, do I take this to mean that Netflix releases (Cloverfield, Mute) will now be considered?

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIES THIS WEEK
    “The Strangers: Prey at Night” – 32% on Rotten Tomatoes so far
    “Gringo” – 32% so far
    “The Hurricane Heist” – Not screened for critics!

ReplyCopy URL
    Makuta Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Mixed reviews be damned, about A Wrinkle In Time, which I just saw…

Ava DuVernay said in an interview, “Its a happy movie, its just a movie about light. Its just a movie for young people and people who are young at heart.” I’m a generally happy guy, I think. I also have “light” inside me, I guess. I always try to have that “light” inside me. I’m in my 20s, so I’m pretty sure I can still be considered young-ish. With that said, to quote the late great film critic Roger Ebert, “Your Movie Sucks.” Sorry Ava, but just because I’m “young at heart” doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to give this CGI-overloaded and poorly scripted mess of a movie of yours a pass.

I am a Razzie voter, and I have got to admit I will have a really hard time resisting the urge to vote for this laughable and horribly acted (that kid who played CHARLES WALLACE ((they said his full name like 50 damn times LOL!)) was weird and unbelievable throughout the entire movie, but he was almost hilariously bad when he got possessed by the Dark Thing) bullshit, but only if it is actually shortlisted on my nominating ballot. It doesn’t seem write-in worthy, but then again I’ve still got to see how the rest of the year turns out.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Mixed reviews be damned, about A Wrinkle In Time, which I just saw… Ava DuVernay said in an interview, “Its a happy movie, its just a movie about light. Its just a movie for young people and people who are young at heart.” I’m a generally happy guy, I think. I also have “light” inside me, I guess. I always try to have that “light” inside me. I’m in my 20s, so I’m pretty sure I can still be considered young-ish. With that said, to quote the late great film critic Roger Ebert, “Your Movie Sucks.” Sorry Ava, but just because I’m “young at heart” doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to give this CGI-overloaded and poorly scripted mess of a movie of yours a pass. I am a Razzie voter, and I have got to admit I will have a really hard time resisting the urge to vote for this laughable and horribly acted (that kid who played CHARLES WALLACE ((they said his full name like 50 damn times LOL!)) was weird and unbelievable throughout the entire movie, but he was almost hilariously bad when he got possessed by the Dark Thing) bullshit, but only if it is actually shortlisted on my nominating ballot. It doesn’t seem write-in worthy, but then again I’ve still got to see how the rest of the year turns out.

Haven’t seen the movie but from clips Winfrey and Witherspoon’s acting seems embarassingly bad; Winfrey plays herself, Oprah, just with a costume and different hairstyle, and Witherspoon just seems to not give a shit about that role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Makuta Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Mixed reviews be damned, about A Wrinkle In Time, which I just saw… Ava DuVernay said in an interview, “Its a happy movie, its just a movie about light. Its just a movie for young people and people who are young at heart.” I’m a generally happy guy, I think. I also have “light” inside me, I guess. I always try to have that “light” inside me. I’m in my 20s, so I’m pretty sure I can still be considered young-ish. With that said, to quote the late great film critic Roger Ebert, “Your Movie Sucks.” Sorry Ava, but just because I’m “young at heart” doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to give this CGI-overloaded and poorly scripted mess of a movie of yours a pass. I am a Razzie voter, and I have got to admit I will have a really hard time resisting the urge to vote for this laughable and horribly acted (that kid who played CHARLES WALLACE ((they said his full name like 50 damn times LOL!)) was weird and unbelievable throughout the entire movie, but he was almost hilariously bad when he got possessed by the Dark Thing) bullshit, but only if it is actually shortlisted on my nominating ballot. It doesn’t seem write-in worthy, but then again I’ve still got to see how the rest of the year turns out.

Haven’t seen the movie but from clips Winfrey and Witherspoon’s acting seems embarassingly bad; Winfrey plays herself, Oprah, just with a costume and different hairstyle, and Witherspoon just seems to not give a shit about that role.

Do yourself a favor and see an actual good movie that is competently directed (unlike A Wrinkle In Time) like Black Panther. Or heck, check out Game Night! That movie was a ton of fun and needs your money way more than inevitable billion dollar grosser Black Panther.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do yourself a favor and see an actual good movie that is competently directed (unlike A Wrinkle In Time) like Black Panther. Or heck, check out Game Night! That movie was a ton of fun and needs your money way more than inevitable billion dollar grosser Black Panther.

I watched Black Panther like a day after it premiered, I might check Game Night, I’d never waste money on A Wrinkle in Time, although I did waste money on BatB :S lol

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing the trailer for “The Grinch,” brace for impact. I expect it to be nominated for “Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Mom & Dad should be a contender for everything, but it’s got decent reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Leo Grant Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

WORST MOVIE THIS WEEK
    “Sherlock Gnomes” – Not screened for critics!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Midnight Sun. ZERO %.
    Pacific Rim Uprising; 46%

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler Perry’s Acrimony looks like it’s going to be good or really bad based on the comericals.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Just going to pencil in Pacific Rim 2 for contention here lol. Those reviews I was reading were pretty bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Alex Meyer
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw The Hurricane Heist last night, and oh boy, what a mess. Rob Cohen certainly deserves a Worst Director nomination, and so does Ralph Ineson for Worst Supporting Actor. Good Lord, his performance was awful!! How did he go from his frightening, Oscar-worthy performance in The Witch to this?!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Alex Meyer.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Mixed reviews be damned, about A Wrinkle In Time, which I just saw…

Ava DuVernay said in an interview, “Its a happy movie, its just a movie about light. Its just a movie for young people and people who are young at heart.” I’m a generally happy guy, I think. I also have “light” inside me, I guess. I always try to have that “light” inside me. I’m in my 20s, so I’m pretty sure I can still be considered young-ish. With that said, to quote the late great film critic Roger Ebert, “Your Movie Sucks.” Sorry Ava, but just because I’m “young at heart” doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to give this CGI-overloaded and poorly scripted mess of a movie of yours a pass.

I am a Razzie voter, and I have got to admit I will have a really hard time resisting the urge to vote for this laughable and horribly acted (that kid who played CHARLES WALLACE ((they said his full name like 50 damn times LOL!)) was weird and unbelievable throughout the entire movie, but he was almost hilariously bad when he got possessed by the Dark Thing) bullshit, but only if it is actually shortlisted on my nominating ballot. It doesn’t seem write-in worthy, but then again I’ve still got to see how the rest of the year turns out.

I want to see the young kid who played Meg Murry’s brother (forget his name) get consideration. Man he was bad. The movie as a whole was just alright though and does not deserve Razzie consideration outside of that.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.