Home Forums Movies Ricky Gervais to Host 2020 Golden Globes (Discussion Thread)

Ricky Gervais to Host 2020 Golden Globes (Discussion Thread)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Matthew anzal..
Honey
thatnerdgreg
  • Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Ricky Gervais has been confirmed as the host of the 77th Golden Globes. What are your thoughts? Are you excited to see a veteran host returning, or did you want to see someone new take the stage at the Beverly Hilton in 2020?

Sound off below!

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone warn Mel Gibson lol. I am all for this

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I cant wait. After the no host thing for the oscars and emmys (oscars did it well, emmys not at all), Its nice to see a veteran host return.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

He is an awful human being but perfect for his gig, especially if tina fey and amy poehler werent available.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

The amount of Angie/Jen/Brad jokes when they’re all nominated and in the room.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Can’t wait. Dont hold back Gervais!!

Banned for making a fake movie poster

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

The amount of Angie/Jen/Brad jokes when they’re all nominated and in the room.

Does Jolie have anything she’s eligible for other than Maleficent? Cause as weak as the actress categories look this year, they aren’t weak enough for her to sneak in for that.

As for Gervais, he was good last time and I expect him to be good again this time. He’s a nice fit for the Globes. I feel like he wouldn’t be right for the Oscars, but this gig suits him.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Jolie have anything she’s eligible for other than Maleficent? Cause as weak as the actress categories look this year, they aren’t weak enough for her to sneak in for that.

It is weak enough. They’ve nominated her for The Tourist and her first FLF in 2010 and 2011, both rotten on RT and MC, and both were years Gervais hosted. She won 3 GG in a row from 1998-2000. Go ahead and think the 2 teeny boppers booksmart girls are gonna get in over her when they both couldn’t even get in at Gothams or the Pic for BP there.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It is weak enough. They’ve nominated her for The Tourist and her first FLF in 2010 and 2011, both rotten on RT and MC, and both were years Gervais hosted. She won 3 GG in a row from 1998-2000. Go ahead and think the 2 teeny boppers booksmart girls are gonna get in over her when they both couldn’t even get in at Gothams or the Pic for BP there.

She didn’t make it in for the first and more successful film, and the category wasn’t very competitive that year either. I’m not expecting her to make it this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we really still thinking that Maleficent is going to get in over two of the most buzzy young actresses of the moment in one of the most (maybe THE most) critically acclaimed comedies of the year? Especially when one of them is a hot contender in the television categories as well? I could see other people getting in over the Booksmart girls, but I highly HIGHLY doubt that enough voters will seriously check off “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” on their ballots for Jolie to get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we really still thinking that Maleficent is going to get in over two of the most buzzy young actresses of the moment in one of the most (maybe THE most) critically acclaimed comedies of the year? Especially when one of them is a hot contender in the television categories as well? I could see other people getting in over the Booksmart girls, but I highly HIGHLY doubt that enough voters will seriously check off “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” on their ballots for Jolie to get nominated.

They didnt check off jolie for the first maleficent, and that year was empty (they nominated quvenzhane wallis for annie over her).

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Jolie have anything she’s eligible for other than Maleficent? Cause as weak as the actress categories look this year, they aren’t weak enough for her to sneak in for that. As for Gervais, he was good last time and I expect him to be good again this time. He’s a nice fit for the Globes. I feel like he wouldn’t be right for the Oscars, but this gig suits him.

I think they will bring in Angelina as a presenter because of Maleficent as well as Eternals.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like reading character assassinations like that.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.