Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominations (Predict Now)

SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominations (Predict Now)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Chris Beachum
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The predictions center event for SAG Awards 2019 film nominations is now active.

Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

When will we be adding Golden Globes?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks Chris!

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

So we can assume the people are in the categories they have been submitted to for SAG?

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish we’d get Ocean’s 8 and Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again in Ensemble category but they are just gonna nominate whatever Oscar frontrunners they can think of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

So we can assume the people are in the categories they have been submitted to for SAG?

These categories are as they stand now but lots of things can change before their ballot entries are due.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate to use the word “lock” so insanely early in this awards season, but going off of what many consider an overdue factor with his loss for Call Me By Your Name last year, him having received an overwhelming amount of praise for his performance in Beautiful Boy, and his role being relevant with the crisis of drug addiction plaguing our nation, would it be fair to call Timothee Chalamet a “lock” for Supporting Actor? I think with Sam Rockwell in Backseat his movie will premiere too late, it may miss the cut at SAG entirely for all I know. Rockwell still seems like a safe bet having won this category last year and presumably having a juicy role as former U.S. President Bush Jr., but I am having a hard time seeing Chalamet losing at the moment for all the reasons I mentioned above.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Ensemble : the Favourite vs Widows vs Backseat(Vice)

Period

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Marcus.H.
    ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you sure Colman is going lead, Chris?

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are some Lead Actress predictions. Forgive me in advance but SAG tends to go for this.

-Glenn Close – The Overdue Actress
    -Viola Davis – Represents Diversity
    -Melissa McCarthy – Comedy turned Drama
    -Nicole Kidman- Good performance in decent/bad film

These women might gave given great performances, but SAG seems to do this alot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They really don’t know yet on the three actresses from “The Favourite.” This is how they have requested we list them for now. I’ve seen it and they’re all pretty equal in their roles and screentime. But Colman is the one who could actually win some major prizes, and I think she would have a better chance of doing that in supporting myself.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Ensemble : the Favourite vs Widows vs Backseat(Vice)

Period

Well this post didnt age well

ReplyCopy URL
    RicosMama
    Participant
    Topics:

When are we going to have odds attached to these picks and The Oscar picks?

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

when are we gonna have GG predictions center up live? GG noms are announced before SAG, aren’t they?

I actually think Ensemble will have some mainstream candidates – I see Widows winning, but box office friendly picks like Black Panther, Crazy Rich Asians & Bohemian Rhapsody nominated. I think Backseat will be nominated as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate to use the word “lock” so insanely early in this awards season, but going off of what many consider an overdue factor with his loss for Call Me By Your Name last year, him having received an overwhelming amount of praise for his performance in Beautiful Boy, and his role being relevant with the crisis of drug addiction plaguing our nation, would it be fair to call Timothee Chalamet a “lock” for Supporting Actor? I think with Sam Rockwell in Backseat his movie will premiere too late, it may miss the cut at SAG entirely for all I know. Rockwell still seems like a safe bet having won this category last year and presumably having a juicy role as former U.S. President Bush Jr., but I am having a hard time seeing Chalamet losing at the moment for all the reasons I mentioned above.

Deadline just posted that Backseat is likely to have a major slot at AFI Fest, which runs from Nov 8-12th. We’ll see it long before its release date mid-Dec – it’ll be ok for GG and SAG. The Big Short didn’t drop a trailer till late Sept and also had a mid-Dec release. I’m guessing we’ll get a trailer for Backseat at the end of this month.

EDIT: I don’t know if Chalamet will win SAG, but I think he’s a slam dunk for GG and the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. So it would make sense if he won the SAG.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  991737495.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.