Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Seven
PJ Edwards
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

There have only been two previous Ensemble winners with zero acting nominations so that would at least seem to mitigate against Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians. (The Fully Monty – 1997, and the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – 2003).

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking of Three Billboards last year. Essentially it had 3 stand out performances and a basic cast with nice cameos from Peter Dinklage and Sandy Martin. Two of its cast members were considered bad and luckluster (Abbie Cornish and Lucas Hedges). Still it got passion through it and won. While the Oscar Winner TSOW wasn’t even nominated despite having, at least, 5 substantial performances and The POst with an A-List cast.

That leads me to believe it can help ASIB. Specially if they think it’s a best picture frontrunner (like they did with Argo)

However, this may be one year SAG just pick its favorite cast which I think it’ll be Black Panther due to the large number of celebrities and great actors (just like they did with Hidden Figures and The Help). Or Crazy Rich Asians to give an opportunity of visibility to an all asian cast. It would be iconic, and besides it’s a great cast

BlacKkKlansman also has a small cast but there’s less passion. I refuse to consider Bohemian Rhapsody

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I dont see any connection at all between 3B and ASiB. 3B WON globe drama picture and rockwell and mcdormand. ASiB only won song. And at SAG, 3B won Mcdormand and Rockwell and cast. All ASiB can hope for is cast, which I guess is possible but that is nothing like 3B’s run.

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

I was talking about the ensemble category specifically and how both films don’t have a huge standout cast. Not the film’s overall performance at the award season.

But anyway I don’t think it’ll win. Just considering a possibility

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My SAG ballot looked like this: Male Actor in a Leading Role: Bradley Cooper Female Actor in a Leading Role: Lady Gaga Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Timothee Chalamet* Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Rachel Weisz** Outstanding Cast, Motion Picture: Crazy Rich Asians*** *Honestly almost didn’t even vote here. I don’t care much for any of them, especially Green Book, regardless of the performances. **Didn’t vote for Adams because I voted for her performance in Sharp Objects. That, and I genuinely thought Weisz stole the show. ***I have never bought into the idea that this is the BP equivalent at SAG. It was easily between CRA and Black Panther. CRA was my favorite cast after The Favourite, which of course was left off the list.

Bless you for voting for Chalamet and CRA.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

My problem with Black Panther winning Ensemble is that I personally found the acting to be awful, with the exception of Michael B Jordan. It is an acting award, not a how many movie stars and t.v. stars are in it award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

My problem with Black Panther winning Ensemble is that I personally found the acting to be awful, with the exception of Michael B Jordan. It is an acting award, not a how many movie stars and t.v. stars are in it award.

But these winners don’t correlate with our opinions 🙂

Oddly enough, I actually think the acting was the best part of the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vuitton
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Michael B Jordan was the worst. Too actory.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Since I am completely stumped when it comes to their Ensemble award I might as well predict the one I wish to see win: Crazy Rich Asians! Problem is it has zero acting nominations and it has only happened twice that a film with zero acting nominations has won.

Deep down inside I think it will be A Star is Born. It gets Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper on the stage and frees up Best Actor and Best Actress for Rami Malek and Glenn Close.

ReplyCopy URL
    prognosticator
    Participant
    Topics:

Freeman that’s what I think will happen too.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

On 25 years only two films won best cast without any individual nomination,the last one being in 2003 so for me that leaves out Crazy Rich Asians and Black Panther.
    Bohemian Rhapsody has only one nomination and from what I´ve heard it´s not an ensemble film.I believe the globes was this film´s only compensation.
    That leaves BlackKklansman vs A Star Is Born.
    I´m going with ASIB because all the other films that got four nominations, American Beauty, The Help,Chicago and Three Billboards won this award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG Awards organizers accuse Academy of ‘intimidation’ in trying to secure exclusive Oscar presenters LOL

This season is utter madness and I love it.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG Awards organizers accuse Academy of ‘intimidation’ in trying to secure exclusive Oscar presenters LOL

Just when I think there couldnt anymore twists and turns in this award season. Who knows? On the oscar nomination day, everything could go haywire.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

just when you thought this season couldn’t get any better it tops itself immediately

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.