Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 Film Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Seven
PJ Edwards
  • combate13
    Participant
    Topics:

i am starting to belive that chalamet will win sag after that terrible oscar snub, mainly because he is kinda “respected” by his peers (despite his short career) but also because of the general concensus of the media that chalamet deserved that nomination (for example this video at 17:36)

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Just FYI to everyone, Glenn Close is winning SAG. We know they have been willing to reward her in the past, on the TV side for the TV Movie The Lion in Winter. Also, remember Denzel Washington, Robert Duvall, Ruby Dee, Julie Christie? They love awarding veterans even when they do not have an overdue-for-Oscar narrative as Close has and also when other awards groups aren’t as into those specific performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Just FYI to everyone, Glenn Close is winning SAG. We know they have been willing to reward her in the past, on the TV side for the TV Movie The Lion in Winter. Also, remember Denzel Washington, Robert Duvall, Ruby Dee, Julie Christie? They love awarding veterans even when they do not have an overdue-for-Oscar narrative as Close has and also when other awards groups aren’t as into those specific performances.

Yep, Close is winning  this.  I’m pretty sure about it.  It’s about time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I just watched The Favourite yesterday and don’t see how Weisz could win, because Stone is just as good as she is. They both give brilliant performances. My vote would go to Stone though, she was just amazing, wow.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress is so up in the air. I am sticking with my prediction of Emily Blunt, even though she wasn’t nominated for an Oscar, I just think the SAG voters clearly love her and want to reward her. Most votes probably were done before the Oscar nominations. I wonder too if late voters may be thinking about whether they feel Amy Adams deserves the Oscar for this particular performance? They may vote for someone else as a result. Unfortunately the Favorite ladies are likely to cancel each other out ): Both would be worthy winners though so I am hoping to be wrong about it. I just don’t think enough people have loved or watched Mary, Queen of Scots but Margot Robbie would be a great winner. There are four actresses who would be great winners but the problem is the two Favorite ladies – if Adams wins it’s because of the two of them being nominated in the same category in my opinion; I am aware that some people actually think Adams deserves to win, so be it ):

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

In less than 7 hours, SAG voting will close. They have until 12pm Pacific time to submit final votes

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 466 through 471 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.