Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2019 Film Reactions Thread

SAG Awards 2019 Film Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 794 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +37 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
KEllis
O´Hara
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Sag can’t be wrong about Best Actor at Oscars for 2nd time in 3years.Right?

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not be surprised if Colman upsets Glenn at Oscars.

Not happening. Close’s sweep and overdue narrative so far is obviously going to send her to the podium. Y’all need to get with the winning team, and that’s Close.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Close is a done deal and she deserves the award, she is incredible in The Wife, yeah, Colman is better, but Close deserves this as well.

Malek is a tremendous actor, people saying that he does not deserve this should not be allow to talk about acting.

Blunt was very deserving as well, she is great actress that had a very good year, the batch scene is already iconic, she deserves this.

I have yet to see Ali, but it seems that he gave a very tranformative performance.

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, a disappointing night but not a surprising one. Of these bunch ASIB had the best acting and Crazy Rich Asians had the best cast as a whole. Black Panther had a talend cast with chemistry but not good acting in the movie. At least their win was an important and nice one.

ASIB shutout was ridiculous. Bradley is the most deserving of the category and the fact that many people are falling for that corny cosplay in that mess of a movie is very sad. If Ethan Hawke was there instead of Malek the race would be more interesting.

Close’s win is very nice. Since I saw The Wife in october I grow liking the movie and her performance more and more. If Gaga had won I would be happy as well. I’m fine Colman didn’t win because she’s supporting and deserves a supporting win not a lead one

Nice consolation prize for Emily Blunt, even though she’s lead. Emma was my favorite but she’s also a lead. It’s really weird to award for a placement itsn’t theirs. They gave leading performance and don’t deserve a merit for supporting effort. And vice versa with Colman. At least it solified the race to King.

Mahershala Ali is also a category fraud and I can’t understand how much sympath he gets for scoring all these awards so fast. I still didn’t watch Green Book but it seems he’s also a lead. Sad they don’t dare to put two performers from the same movie in leading category. Richard E. Grant, Sam Elliott or Timmy would be nice winners.

Anyway, now we have BAFTA getting The Favourite sweep and then the Oscars for the Roma coronation. At least Roma is a deserving piece to be recognized. Sad for ASIB, hope it nabs some other awards by surprise just like some early peakers that do poorly or lackluster during the race but surgers at the Oscars (Dunkirk, Hacksaw Ridge, Les Miserables). Hoping for Original Song, Sound Mixing – hopefully cinematography, actor and picture. But its not happening 🙁

That’s out disappointing race, folks

Arias
    Participant
    Topics:

Close winning here, with the inclusion of AFTRA, seals the deal for Oscar. And I think it will be a really nice oscar moment. I’d be shocked if she were to lose at this point.

I predicted Malek, and, unfortunately, was right.

Just goes to show that we may ridicule the HFPA but they have power in shaping the race. I don’t think Malek would be in this spot without that globe win (Close is a respected vet who still would have had the overdue narrative).

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

How would that be an upset?

Isn’t Colman heavily predicted to win?

Anonymous
    Topics:

If Amy didn’t get this, then there’s no way she’s getting the Oscar. This should have been an easy pickup for her. Stone and Weisz were definitely going to split votes, Robbie was lucky to get nominated from a less-seen and more generally unpopular movie, and Blunt likely faced vote-splitting with herself AND the challenge of overcoming genre bias. If she can’t even win against Blunt, the Oscar will not be hers this year. Like I said before, Stone and Weisz will split votes, Tavira cooooould ride a Roma sweep but seeing as how she wasn’t even nominated anywhere else it’s unlikely, so this is all Regina’s.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Malek is not locked for the Oscar but he has the upper hand right now. Bale has never won BAFTA so they could finally award him that this year.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

And from those nominees, Black Panther was the obvious winner. Only Crazy Rich Asians had an actual ensamble that shined beside them. The four women and Jordan alone deserved that award so much. The speech of Boseman was very cringe thought.

Grégory Delisle
    Participant
    Topics:

Black Panther 2/2… ASIB 0/4… I love this song!

There’s something wrong in this world clearly

Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

The Black Panther deniers on this forum are hilarious.

The film was the best reviewed of the five films tonight, it was the highest grossing, it had the largest cast, it was backed by the Disney juggernaut and the film had connections to dozens of other actors via the dozens of other actors in superhero films during the past 15 years.

Roma is the only film standing in its way for that Best Picture Oscar and I’m not sure Roma will be able to put up much of a resistance even if it does likely win the DGA.

nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB lost everything. Can we all agree that’s the biggest loser of the award season? What happened to its buzz?

It died, after people started to realize that there isn’t anything innovative about it.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t predict Black panther because it had no acting nominations and that hasn’t happened since 2003’s winner, and only happened once before with 1997’s winner. I just didn’t think it could happen but I did wonder if all those movie star names were going to give it the win. I also think the lack of the whole cast on the ballot for BlacKkKlansman was a problem since all the names are on their ballots when they vote. I just didn’t think ASIB was going to be 0-4 tonight and this seemed like the only place it could win.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people acting like ASIB was predicted to win anything this evening? BP was the frontrunner for Best Cast even on Golderby, mainly because who says ASIB says Gaga and Bradley (there isn’t any memorable performance beyond those two), who says BR says Malek etc… If ASIB won it would’ve been an upset.

And oh God, Gaga lost Best Actress to the legendary overdue Glenn Close (so overdue that people are voting for her without even seeing the movie), what a flop! I totally could not see that coming.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Wow. ASIB is officially kaput. This is certainly a surprising turn of events.

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 794 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2019 Film Reactions Thread’ is closed to new replies.