Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2020 Film Predictions

SAG Awards 2020 Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
PJ Edwards
RobScottDays
  • JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

bump.

These are fast approaching. Looks like big difference in winning this thing is your stunt ensemble prediction. Endgame is the favorite but Im not so sure about that.

I’m going with Once to win a la Black Panther. Pitts character is a stunt guy which I think is a hidden key to this race. Joker is a nice sleeper too. Rush couldnt win stunt ensemble so dont see why Ford would.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG is throwing some curve balls. Just wait and see. I know dozens of ballots and all of them are in danger except Phoenix. The final results will not be Phoenix, Reneé, Pitt, Dern. At least one of them is missing. Pesci, Lopez, Robbie, Lupita are threats

Robbie’s a possible threat. The others aren’t happening. Pesci’s gonna vote split with Pacino, and the fact that Lupita and Lopez didn’t earn Oscar nominations is pretty telling of their chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lupita is the only shot at an upset. It would be nice solidarity from the industry for her to win. It would be a threat to Zellweger’s oscar chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really pulling for Parasite to pull off the Ensemble win here instead of OUATIH. I know I may just be dreaming, but it would be such an exciting victory and one that is outside of the box compared to the other award ceremonies.

I feel like Phoenix, Zellweger, Pitt, and Dern are all safe to predict wins again. However I could see a surprise happening from Theron or Robbie in lead or supporting if they feel like they need to give something to Bombshell (it does has the most nominations after all!)

Guessing Endgame for stunt ensemble?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Caelin Cripps.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Caelin Cripps.
    ReplyCopy URL
    lady_bird
    Participant
    Topics:

I only need at least one different winner out of the four (acting categories). They probably will win the Oscars so I just want some excitement.

ReplyCopy URL
    CarlosAlessio10
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll bet on Theron. I hope Bombshells support in the nominations materializes here.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

The main 4 acting races are locked: Joaquin, Zellweger, Pitt, and Dern look to sweep the rest of the season easily. Ensemble’s is Once’s to lose, unless they do something crazy. Stunts is actually kinda tricky, but I think FvF wins this one, since it had the most practical action of all the nominees.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble: OUATIH
    Actor: Phoenix
    Actress: Johansson
    Supporting actor: Pitt
    Supporting actress: Dern

ReplyCopy URL
    RobScottDays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lupita is the only shot at an upset. It would be nice solidarity from the industry for her to win. It would be a threat to Zellweger’s oscar chances.

Do you mean it wouldn’t be? Not sure how Lupita winning would be a threat to Zellweger considering she isn’t nommed at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt there will be an upset but I believe Tom Hanks would be the one to do it: he is loved, his character is loved, and he gave that great speech at the Golden Globes. I am predicting the usual suspects to win. The only suspense is in the Ensemble category – just hoping it doesn’t go to Hollywood. It’s going to be a boring and disappointing SAG this year – unless of course there is an upset or two, of course!

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if anyone upsets Zellweger it’ll be Johansson.

– She’s a double-sag nominee, she’s been working in hollywood since she was 9yo.

– Worked with so many actors over the years

– Has recognisability and familiarity with AFTRA too with her Marvel connections.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aunt Peg
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble: Parasite
    Actor: Phoenix
    Actress: Zellweger
    Supporting actor: Pitt
    Supporting actress: Dern

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

If Johansson wins it will be in Supporting Actress, but it’s extremely unlikely ):

My wish list is Parasite, Adam Driver, Renee Zellweger, Tom Hanks and Margot Robbie – but my least favorites are going to win everything except for Best Actress ):

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I too think Lupita could pull an upset at SAG but we could also see an upset at the Oscars and I truly don’t think it will be Renee nor Scarlett winning.

I could be wrong but my gut is telling me Cynthia Erivo could pull a HUGE UPSET at the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.