Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2020 Film Reactions

SAG Awards 2020 Film Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 361 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
lady_bird
James Breheney
BICTH
  • The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

I have 100/1 odds on Parasite to win but I would love a Jojo win.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

With SAG-AFTRA being huge (120,000 voters) and more in line with mainstream tastes than any other guild, I can’t see past a Once or The Irishman win in SAG ensemble. I think Joaquin and Renee are sure things with there potentially being upsets in the supporting categories.

Thanks for the reminder on Ensemble. I couldn’t remember what I chose. It was Hollywood. Lol. Love this film. Irishman and Hollywood are heavy hitters with the acting branch. 50/50 imo.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    lorelei lor
    Participant
    Topics:

Seen some ballots on other sites and one voter said one of the reasons he chose Parasite was to send a message to AMPAS. So I could see them going for Lopez as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want there to be at least one upset in a category other than Best Actress. If I had to choose the one I would most like to see it would be for Supporting Actress to go to either Johansson or Robbie (only because they are the only two who are Oscar nominees and could parlay the win with an Oscar win).

Ensemble could go to any one of four films: The Irishman, Bombshell, Parasite, or Hollywood. I would especially love to see Parasite win but we had a winner just last year that wasn’t nominated in any of the individual acting categories…

If there are no upsets I will just enjoy the television awards where I don’t have any strong opinions about who the winners ought to be!

ReplyCopy URL
    Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

Seen some ballots on other sites and one voter said one of the reasons he chose Parasite was to send a message to AMPAS. So I could see them going for Lopez as well.

Lopez is the only acting category that I think could upset over Dern. But, Dern doesn’t have a SAG award so that might help her if the voters know that. Of course, imho, Zellweger, Phoenix and Pitt are locks.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheCineMike
    Participant
    Topics:

I changed my prediction to Parasite from Hollywood on ensemble. It may not have all the well-known movie and TV stars in the cast, but there is a universal love for the film and I’ve been hearing a lot of raves from the actors about the film which is why I think it will win the ensemble award.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

Where are you seeing these ballots?

ReplyCopy URL
    James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

A clear indication not enough SAG voters saw 1917 in time: it would have made it into Stunt Ensemble in a heartbeat otherwise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible upsets I can see happening

Ensemble: OUATIH/Bombshell/Parasite

Actor- No Upset (Phoenix Winning)

Actress- Nyong’o, Theron, Johansson (Zellweger will probably win)

Supporting Actor- No Upset (Pitt Winning)

Supporting Actress- Lopez, Johansson, Robbie (Likeliest place for upset)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  gabarnes43.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  gabarnes43.

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Unbelievable

Drama- Killing Eve/The Crown/The Morning Show
    Jodie, Sandra, Olivia, Jennifer & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

A clear indication not enough SAG voters saw 1917 in time: it would have made it into Stunt Ensemble in a heartbeat otherwise.

It was not on that ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

Where are you seeing these ballots?

You can see a lot of ballots on Twitter as well. Many SAG-Aftra members are posting or disclosing them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rory's First Kiss
    Participant
    Topics:

OUATIH is on life support here, if they lose Best Ensemble tonight then they’re shut out of the guilds apart from Brad Pitt. No ACE/Eddie (Parasite won), PGA (1917 won), SAG Ensemble (Parasite or The Irishman), likely out of DGA (between Bong & Mendes) and it’s ineligible for WGA (which will likely go to Parasite for Orig.). The no editing nom will be the prevailing narrative and it will likely end whatever momentum they had before.

"This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Possible upsets I can see happening Ensemble: OUATIH/Bombshell/Parasite Actor- No Upset (Phoenix Winning) Actress- Nyong’o, Theron (Zellweger will probably win) Supporting Actor- No Upset (Pitt Winning) Supporting Actress- Lopez, Johansson, Robbie (Likeliest place for upset)

Bombshell has little chance of winning ensemble.

Scarlett is the only one with a real chance of beating Renee.

J Lo’s chances are dead in the water. If she couldn’t win Golden Globe which should’ve been easy for her, she sure as hell can’t win here. There’s no way the actors are going to think more highly of her than Laura Dern. Again, Scarlett’s the only one here with any real chance of beating Laura.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

It was not on that ballot.

Did the studio just not submit it for SAG at all?

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson reminds me of Blunt last year. Nominated in two categories, not considered a frontrunner in supporting (Blunt was fourth in the overall odds, Johansson is fourth too), but prevails.

Also, does anyone else have a weird feeling that The Irishman could actually surprise in Ensemble? Weirdly, I put Hollywood behind both The Irishman and Bombshell.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 361 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.