Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2020 Film Reactions

SAG Awards 2020 Film Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 361 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
lady_bird
James Breheney
BICTH
  • syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

Only 4 of the winners matched who I voted for this year: Jennifer, Michelle, Avengers and Parasite. I don’t know what these other voters were thinking. Sam over Jharrel? No! I voted for Lopez over Dern too. These people really love Laura.

ReplyCopy URL
    smindymix
    Participant
    Topics:

in the modern America, absolutely.

Nah. British actors and stories are well represented in Hollywood. Every other voiceover in commercials is a British accent lately for some reason.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  smindymix.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  smindymix.
    ReplyCopy URL
    HawkWD
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow… I can’t believe I got 100% with my predictions. Funnily enough yesterday I went to go change my supporting actress prediction from Laura to JLo in a panic but fortunately the league had already closed! Lesson learned: don’t let the idiots on twitter and in the media convince me of anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    AstridDante
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys just listened to Joaquin’s speech. Loved it. He really took the time to praise each of his fellow nominees and his words about Driver, so wonderful and of course his nod to the late Heath Ledger. Really gracious. Looking forward to his deserved Oscar win. The man is a tremendous actor. I have no doubt Driver will get the Oscar win one day too

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

who/what the hell is tree???

More like who isn’t Tree??? 😉 #ifyouknowyouknow

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher is exhausted. Paramess isn’t winning Best Picture, dear citizens. Dunkirk 2 or the Disgustantino rubbish is. But it is in third position right now.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

ReplyCopy URL
    oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Thatcher is exhausted. Paramess isn’t winning Best Picture, dear citizens. Dunkirk 2 or the Disgustantino rubbish is. But it is in third position right now.

It might just win. You’d be surprised.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it. I had Parasite winning cast until about a week ago. Why didn’t I stick with my gut? Why do I always do this? I’m reminded of when I had Redmayne down for SAG five years ago and switched to Keaton the day before the ceremony. Boy oh boy.

Still I’m delighted Parasite won. Now scoop that WGA on your way to a Best Picture upset!

ReplyCopy URL
    oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it. I had Parasite winning cast until about a week ago. Why didn’t I stick with my gut? Why do I always do this? I’m reminded of when I had Redmayne down for SAG five years ago and switched to Keaton the day before the ceremony. Boy oh boy.

Still I’m delighted Parasite won. Now scoop that WGA on your way to a Best Picture upset!

Yes! Parasite deserves!

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

I made a last minute change for ensemble: from The Irishman to Parasite. However, I would still be happy if any of these films will win.

Top 29 in this year’s SAG Film predictions because of this. However, I tumbled down on the TV side because of the surprises.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it. I had Parasite winning cast until about a week ago. Why didn’t I stick with my gut? Why do I always do this? I’m reminded of when I had Redmayne down for SAG five years ago and switched to Keaton the day before the ceremony. Boy oh boy. Still I’m delighted Parasite won. Now scoop that WGA on your way to a Best Picture upset!

I had Parasite for so long and switched to OUATIH yesterday. I feel like slapping myself.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Smisek
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been persistent in my belief that Parasite will win BP and I’m officially digging my heels in. I will go off the Parasite cliff if I’m wrong. Did you see that reaction from the crowd? Insane. There is love for that movie among voters.

Best Picture, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Foreign Film (even if they snub Bong for Director he will still get the Oscar for International Film)

ReplyCopy URL
    Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been persistent in my belief that Parasite will win BP and I’m officially digging my heels in. I will go off the Parasite cliff if I’m wrong. Did you see that reaction from the crowd? Insane. There is love for that movie among voters. Best Picture, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Foreign Film (even if they snub Bong for Director he will still get the Oscar for International Film)

I haven’t seen that kind of passion for a film in ages. And those are VOTERS. Parasite has a reach that goes beyond language barriers and addresses issues of wealth and poverty and the disparity between them right now. It’s got so much momentum.

ReplyCopy URL
    Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

Glad I got Parasite! Wish Scarlett had won for Jojo Rabbit. THAT is a much better performance then her Marriage Story, and would have been more inspiring then Dern’s. Even Lopez’s clip was great. Robbie’s. You could now see why Laura seems like a vanilla choice. With that being said, WHAT THE HELL were the producers thinking with that AWFUL clip for Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker performance?? He has SO many money scenes, and they chose him randomly dancing in front of the mirror? Even Phoenix looked baffled.

I truly wish for the Joker clip they could use the line he says before he shoots the host. It’s the thrust of the film. But it’s too spoilerish and violent. I want an empathetic scene where the character is introspective if I can’t have the other. It’s a very layered role and Phoenix nailed it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Singsongoflove01
    Participant
    Topics:

The love here for Parasite just proves these odds and their associated momentum is based on hive mentality and has nothing to do with what you people actually love. Vote with what you like, goddamit! Also Parasite would be a deserving BP winner with or without preferential voting – it is not the safe vanilla choice, let’s not go down that path. 1917 or Parasite, FUCK SI. Oscars go global. Cheesy American movies (Irishman, OUATIH, Joker) need to adapt to a better world of stories and storytelling.

My top two films of the year are Parasite and Joker. They’re very well written and tell stories that need to be told. Joker isn’t cheesy. Watch what he says at the talk show before he unloads. Right now there is a mental health crisis and issues with violence and as Joaquin said at the critics’ choice-“the forgotten”.

Parasite addresses the disparity between rich and poor and the desperation of those living in poverty.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 361 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.