Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2021 Film Nominee Reactions

SAG Awards 2021 Film Nominee Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 516 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
SN
Luca Giliberti
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Hun, so who is winning Best Actress then because if Viola did win SAG we all know it was name checking and Ma Rainey/Netflix isn’t winning top two best acting Oscars + 2 technical categories after being snubbed for Picture. She’s basically Denzel in Fences 2.0.

Assuming the BAFTAs go rogue with someone not nominated at the Oscars, Andra Day

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    TheBrainBug
    Topics:

If some of the results have in fact leaked, none of those in the know are taking advantage of it.

There has been zero movement in the betting markets since yesterday.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Huns, if Mulligan loses SAG, she’ll still win the Oscar.

When an acting race is so undecided as this one always go with the actor or actress in the Best Picture nominee. Carey Will win it a la Adrien Brody.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

BTW, if Viola wins, it’s not really the end of the race for Mulligan, because she would probably win BAFTA if the jury had nominated her.

IF, PIFF, now I’m stiff! She’s not nominated there, so that’s never been a variable since the BAFTA nominations were released. Come on, Sunday, and reveal itself..

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Huns, if Mulligan loses SAG, she’ll still win the Oscar. When an acting race is so undecided as this one always go with the actor or actress in the Best Picture nominee. Carey Will win it a la Adrien Brody.

Frances could also win if we’re using this logic and her film is also the eventual winner.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

This thread would believe Mulligan is the front-runner even if she’d been snubbed.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Frances could also win if we’re using this logic and her film is also the eventual winner.

I’m not saying other wise.

BUT Mulligan would’ve indeed won BAFTA with old system. We don’t know the choice of the British and international block until Oscar night. They were the ones who gave us Olivia Colman Oscar winner and Mark Rylance etc.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

This thread would believe Mulligan is the front-runner even if she’d been snubbed.

Dead 💀. But, no lies detected in this post…

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, Are you even giving us a compelling argument that will make us believe other wise. Lmfao.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

As of now, I agree that Mulligan is the frontrunner, but if she loses SAG to either one of the BAFTA nominees, she might be in trouble.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

can someone please explain who leaked it yesterday? Like, who is the original source of the leak? And what journos take it seriously?

It’s very obvious that April Fools date is used to mess up with people’s minds. The leaker could have waited until today to give the leak more credibility. But AF is pretty telling that this is not meant to be serious.

Also, the leak sounds like GD’s worst scenarios: Trial and Davis. It’s like someone went: “Hmmm, Ensemble and Actress are undecided, they fear Trial, they fear that SAG will name-check Davis for the 6th time, so I’m gonna put that in my leak muahahahaha” :twirls mustache:

So yeah, I’d say it’s a fleak. April Fools.Davis. Big red flags to me. I might eat a humble pie on Sunday but I don’t believe this atm.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

As of now, I agree that Mulligan is the frontrunner, but if she loses SAG to either one of the BAFTA nominees, she might be in trouble.

Exactly, but if she loses it’ll be to Viola who isn’t BAFTA nominated so, it’s not like anything would be any clearer until Oscar night.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Look, I really want to believe that Carey can win without SAG. I really do. I’ve been pushing for her to win since January, when I first saw that it could actually happen. I was encouraged by PYW’s performance at the Globes. But this season has burned me twice on that front. First Andra Day won the Globe, then the BAFTA jury snubbed her. If the BAFTAs took place after the Oscars like they used to, that wouldn’t be a big deal, but I don’t know how much voters will remember her especially when the campaign from Focus has started focusing (no pun intended) a lot more on Emerald in the past few weeks. And as much as I love Emerald and will cheer when she wins that Original Screenplay Oscar, I want Carey to win just as much, maybe even a little bit more. That being said, I have to be realistic, and if she loses SAG the writing will be on the wall. While it’s not impossible that she wins with no SAG, it’s highly unlikely. I can’t keep making excuses for my favorites. I made excuses for Adam Driver last year up until the Globes, I made excuses for Amanda Seyfried after her SAG snub, I can’t let myself do the same for Carey. If she does not win SAG and the leaks are indeed true, I will immediately switch to Andra Day on my center because she would be the most likely outcome in that scenario. I’m not gonna like it, I’m gonna do it kicking and screaming, but what other choice would I have other than pulling non-realistic scenarios out of my ass just to Will a Carey win into existence?

Sorry for the novel, but this has been what’s been going on in my head for the last few hours

FYC

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Hun, Carey won the AACTA which is this years BAFTA and only indication of the international vote. So if she loses SAG to “name check” Viola. It really doesn’t change anything in my books.

It’s anyone’s game until Oscar night

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I wanna believe it, but I don’t know that I can.

FYC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 Film Nominee Reactions’ is closed to new replies.