Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

SAG Awards 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Heptapod
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

You can now make your SAG Awards film predictions in 5 categories.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Predicting 2 Minari nominations…

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Let’s go,  Ma Rainey’s nominated for Best Ensemble!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Decided to go ultra populist in some categories here and have decided to predict the same lineup as my Oscar prediction in other categories :

– I have Netflix taking all 5 ensemble spots (Chicago 7MankMa RaineyThe Prom and The Boys in the Band)

– I have both Redmayne and Baron Cohen in and am currently predicting an Ahmed snub here.

– I have Mulligan in although I don’t have Loren or Hudson in either.

– Total shut out of Ammonite.

– Nicole Kidman over Lily Collins (although I am tempted to put Collins in over Burstyn here but I’m really torn on the last two slots).

– Bill Murray in S. Actor.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Sophia Loren is happening here. I have a feeling. She’s an absolute legend and they never had the opportunity to nominate her before. Also, she’s in a Netflix movie, a streaming service that SAG loves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

My two stretches here are predicting Boys in the Band for ensemble and Steve Yeun for actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Sophia Loren is happening here. I have a feeling. She’s an absolute legend and they never had the opportunity to nominate her before. Also, she’s in a Netflix movie, a streaming service that SAG loves.

I agree with this, but I will note that technically she has been nominated here before, as she was part of the ensemble nominee Nine.

But she’s yet to receive an individual nod, which I understand is what you’re talking about.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised I’m predicting a Da 5 Bloods shut out here.

Might slot it in ensemble then.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I have 5 Netflix films in Ensemble (Including The Boys in the Band and The Prom)

I have Bill Murray in supporting Actor

Ammonite/ Pieces of a Woman shut out here

Meryl Streep getting in for The Prom

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

– I have Netflix taking all 5 ensemble spots (Chicago 7, Mank, Ma Rainey, The Prom and The Boys in the Band)

I have 5 Netflix films in Ensemble (Including The Boys in the Band and The Prom)

Netflix are gonna throw even more money at Murphy if this happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Foreign Language film performances have always had a hard time getting nominated at SAG in individual categories, even when they get Oscar nods later on.

Remember both Roma actors were snubbed here (that was also a Netflix film), as was Antonio Banderas, Marion Cotillard (Two Days One Night), Isabel Huppert, just to name a few. So I won’t be predicting Loren here, even though I have her in my Top 5 for the Oscars and the Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Foreign Language film performances have always had a hard time getting nominated at SAG in individual categories, even when they get Oscar nods later on.

Remember both Roma actors were snubbed here (that was also a Netflix film), as was Antonio Banderas, Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone), Isabel Huppert, just to name a few. So I won’t be predicting Loren here, even though I have her in my Top 5 for the Oscars and the Globes.

Marion Cotillard was actually nominated here for Rust and Bone but that was before the merger with AFTRA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Marion Cotillard was actually nominated here for Rust and Bone but that was before the merger with AFTRA.

Oh my god, I meant Two Days One Night sorry

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actually screw Kidman I just realised her role wasn’t even nominated at the Tonys.

Slotting in Kristin Scott-Thomas instead. She could easily happen at SAG and BAFTA like Emily Blunt did for The Girl on the Train.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Remember both Roma actors were snubbed here (that was also a Netflix film),

Oh gosh I forgot about that.

Of course Loren could get in on name recognition alone but it doesn’t look good if she ends up being Netflix’s 4th priority in Actress when two years ago Netflix couldn’t even get their priority in at SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.