Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

SAG Awards 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
John Berchmans
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can see a situation where Malcom and Marie ends up like <i>Little Women </i>and If Beale Street Could Talk and get shut out due to being a late screener and having a late release.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

Ma Rainey SAG FYC

I freakin love it! It’s sucks though that Dusan Brown isn’t eligible, as he was pretty good as Ma’s nephew..

Edit: Apparently, that applies to Taylour Paige as well. Didn’t catch that at first! 😳

Profile picture
    Liebchen
    Topics:

2. Anthony Hopkins – Showy performance and career best performance from one of the most iconic actors in cinema.

9. Sacha Baron Cohen – SAG loves to double nominate and loves to nominate the Comedy Globe winner so if he wins the Globe he has a good chance here.

13. Madds Mikkelsen – I think he’ll have a better chance if he wins the Globe.

Golden Globes February 28 and SAG nominations February 4, would you mind explaining me your logic here?

Not only Anthony Hopkins has been losing awards for his so called career’s best performance but he also missed last year for Jamie Foxx, he’s not safe and his screen partner is on the verge of getting snubbed too. Lindo is definitely ahead of him.

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Ma Rainey SAG FYC

It’s easily getting all three nominations but I’m surprised not seeing Turman and/or Domingo for individual consideration

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis, Frances McDormand
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supporting Actor - Colman Domingo, Glynn Turman
    Best Picture - Nomadland
    Best Director - Chloé Zhao
    SAG Ensemble - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    Best Cinematography - Nomadland

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

It’s easily getting all three nominations but I’m surprised not seeing Turman and/or Domingo for individual consideration

I am, too. Maybe they didn’t want one of them to feel slighted. Although, the obvious push at this point would be for Glynn..

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Golden Globes February 28 and SAG nominations February 4, would you mind explaining me your logic here?

Not only Anthony Hopkins has been losing awards for his so called career’s best performance but he also missed last year for Jamie Foxx, he’s not safe and his screen partner is on the verge of getting snubbed too. Lindo is definitely ahead of him.

The Father seems to only be hyped on this forum. I would think a film that has been out in industry for so long and with its expected nomination haul that it would pop up somewhere. That someone would write a something about it.

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

I honestly think Minari has more of a chance than most people are saying. Yeun may be a stretch (though not impossible), but I do think there’s a lot of love for the film from the acting community. I think Youn will finally break the foreign language actress stigma of the past few years, and it might just get into Ensemble.

FYC:

Picture - Minari, Nomadland, Another Round, Promising Young Woman
    Director - Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Thomas Vinterberg (Another Round), Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman)
    Actor - Steven Yeun (Minari), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)
    Actress - Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Frances McDormand (Nomadland)
    S. Actor - Daniel Kaluuya (Judas and the Black Messiah), Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)
    S. Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

What time does SAG announce their nominees tomorrow by any chance?

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

What time does SAG announce their nominees tomorrow by any chance?

8 a.m. PT

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

The Father seems to only be hyped on this forum. I would think a film that has been out in industry for so long and with its expected nomination haul that it would pop up somewhere. That someone would write a something about it.

Well this didn’t age very well.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Is insane to keep predicting Da 5 Bloods for Ensemble? Should I change it for Mank? Is there any hope for Minari?

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Am I crazy for thinking Bo Burnham could happen in supp. actor? I have one slot free since Judas probably hasn’t been viewed by enough people, but Idk what to do.

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Am I crazy for thinking Bo Burnham could happen in supp. actor? I have one slot free since Judas probably hasn’t been viewed by enough people, but Idk what to do.

I don’t have Bo in at SAG but I think he can very easily end up happening at BAFTA and then the Oscars. I see him as being similar to Lesley Manville.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I have one slot free since Judas probably hasn’t been viewed by enough people

If Kaluuya made it in at the Globes he’ll make it at SAG.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Director: George Clooney-The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Actress: Viola Davis-Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo-Da Five Bloods
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried-Mank
    Best Original Screenplay: Soul
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Midnight Sky

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I wish I knew whether enough SAG members had easy access to The United States vs. Billie Holiday. I really don’t know what to do with that 5th slot in Actress.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 Film Predictions (Make Your Picks Today)’ is closed to new replies.