Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
James_Breheney
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Who do we think are the biggest contenders to win ensemble? Right now I think Don’t Look Up, Nightmare Alley, King Richard make the most sense. Maybe the PTA if it’s accessible…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I think Nightmare Alley could miss here since it may be too dark for SAG. The Shape of Water is not a very populist film so I assume that’s why the film messed ensemble here. I feel like Belfast is the dark horse here and could win like Little Miss Sunshine if it’s that crowdpleasing. I’m going to predict King Richard will take it though.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman will make it here definitely…

I can see Colman missing if her performance is too subtle and the film turns out to not be popular among the masses. Marlee Matlin can Holly Hunter her way to a SAG nomination. Also I see The French Dispatchin missing like Knives Out. Peter Dinklage could make it in here too honestly.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman will make it here definitely…

I can see Colman missing if her performance is too subtle and the film turns out to not be popular among the masses. Marlee Matlin can Holly Hunter her way to a SAG nomination. Also I see The French Dispatchin missing like Knives Out. Peter Dinklage could make it in here too honestly.

Colman could miss but they LOVE Netflix and the only time she’s ever missed a nomination here since her Oscar win was for Fleabag (which was an understandable miss considering she wasn’t the supporting actress favourite of the show, she didn’t win the Emmy over Alex Borstein, SAG nominations for supporting performances tend to be quite scarce and there was tough competition). Her work in The Father was pretty restrained and she still got in so I think she can with The Lost Daughter as well.

Kidman is in unless that film is panned (but even then it’s not like Grace of Monaco was a critically raved masterpiece 💀💀💀).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Breheney
    Topics:

I see the lost daughter as this years I’m thinking of ending things, the stans are gonna hype it but in reality it will probably get nothing

I think it has a much better chance at Oscar noms than I’m Thinking of Ending Things ever had. That film was way more inaccessible and off-putting, especially to Academy voters. Also, this is an acclaimed directorial debut from a well-known actress so it’s bound to draw attention just because of that ( Most Academy voters probably didn’t even watch ‘Ending Things). Add in Colman who’s an academy favorite and it has a decent chance of showing up in above-the-line categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Unless it’s a complete dud, i say that Don’t Look Up has big chances of winning SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Current predictions for Best Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture:

Belfast
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley
    The Power of the Dog
    West Side Story

A few other possibilities: Don’t Look Up, Licorice Pizza, Mass, The Humans, The French Dispatch, and I am going to throw Respect in there – it would be like the Trumbo nomination a few years ago.

Best Actress:

Catriona Balfe, Belfast
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Some other possibilities: Jessica Chastain for The Eyes of Tammy Faye; Penelope Cruz for Parallel Mothers (but boy do they not like to nominate foreign language performances), and Frances McDormand for The Tragedy of Macbeth. Every once in awhile there is an out of nowhere nominee in this category – like Helen Mirren for Hitch – but I don’t think it will happen this year.

Best Actor:

Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley
    Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Don’t Look Up
    Jamie Dornan, Belfast
    Will Smith, King Richard

Other possibilities: Peter Dinklage for Cyrano; Adam Driver for House of Gucci; Denzel Washington for The Tragedy of Macbeth – and perhaps Jude Hill for Belfast.

Best Supporting Actress:

Judi Dench, Belfast
    Ann Dowd, Mass
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Marlee Matlin, CODA
    Meryl Streep, Don’t Look Up

Other possibilities: Olga Merediz for In the Heights; Arana DeBose for West Side Story; Cate Blanchett, Toni Collette and Rooney Mara for Nightmare Alley; Jayne Houdyshell for The Humans; and Audra McDonald for Respect

Best Supporting Actor:

Jude Hill, Belfast
    Ciaran Hinds, Belfast
    Lared Leto, House of Gucci
    Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog
    Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog

Other possiblities: Richard Jenkins for The Humans; Jason Isaacs for Mass; Jeremy Irons and Al Pacino for House of Gucci; and Forest Whitaker for Respect – if Jude Hill is considered lead I would think Richard Jenkins would take his spot.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.