Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Joe Langer
FreemanGriffin
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Dunst missing with TPOTD making into ensemble, would be weird.

Yes.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

ENSEMBLE Belfast West Side Story Licorice Pizza Don’t Look Up King Richard ALT: CODA LEAD ACTOR Will Smith, King Richard Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog Andrew Garfield, tick, tick… BOOM! Peter Dinklage, Cyrano Leonardo DiCaprio, Don’t Look Up ALT: Denzel Washington, The Tragedy of Macbeth LEAD ACTRESS Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos Kristen Stewart, Spencer Lady Gaga, House of Gucci Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza ALT: Tessa Thompson, Passing SUPPORTING ACTOR Ciarán Hinds, Belfast Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog Bradley Cooper, Licorice Pizza Jon Bernthal, King Richard Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog ALT: Jamie Dornan, Belfast SUPPORTING ACTRESS Ariana DeBose, West Side Story Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard Caitriona Balfe, Belfast Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog Ruth Negga, Passing ALT: Viola Davis, The Unforgivable STUNTS Dune No Time To Die Spider-Man: No Way Home The Matrix Resurrections The Harder They Fall ALT: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

CODA is not to be underestimated.

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

I’m hoping SAG members will rally behind Tessa and Ruth and hopefully we will see both of their names here. I don’t like how Negga is being singled out primarily. It’s a duo two hander here with these two ladies. They both need to get it. It’s like choosing to nominate Kodi, but not Benedict. Passing doesn’t work with just Negga’s performance.

Netflix is favoured a bit too much by the guild (I’ve never exactly understood why) so you never know. Tessa is not getting nominated although Ruth has a chance.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Is it crazy to still have Being the Ricardos in Ensemble? I remember Joe saying that voters had responded well to it, it reminds me of Trumbo, and it’s also kind of rare for all 5 of the Ensemble nominees to end up in BP at the Oscars (my other 4 predictions are Belfast, Don’t Look Up, Coda and WSS which I consider locked for BP).

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Is it crazy to still have Being the Ricardos in Ensemble? I remember Joe saying that voters had responded well to it, it reminds me of Trumbo, and it’s also kind of rare for all 5 of the Ensemble nominees to end up in BP at the Oscars (my other 4 predictions are Belfast, Don’t Look Up, Coda and WSS which I consider locked for BP).

There was a great excitement for the film initially and while I think the general response is positive, I don’t think it will get nominated this year in cast. In a weaker year,maybe but not this year with Belfast,west side story, King Richard, CODA, Don’t look up, the harder they fall all being strong with the power of the dog, Nightmare alley and Dune also having great casts. Nicole is safe though and I would not be surprised if another actor gets nominated from that film.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am wondering if Mass got seen by nominators too late? Had they already filled out their ballots before it became available for them to see? There are two nominations I most want to see that aren’t expected: Mass for Ensemble Cast and Mike Faist for Supporting Actor.

I will be very upset if West Side Story misses out due to some dumb screeners issue. This happened before with Spielberg films in the past but it better not happen this time! For gawd sake, voters, get your lazy butts into movie theaters! (;

Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

The hearbreak, the injustice if Mass is not nominated – hell, it should win in a slam dunk.

Jodie Comer supremacy

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

– Not crazy at all. I’m predicting it. Just imagine the SAG ballot in front of you: All the names listed next to the film. Big award winning cast, lots of recognizable names, and the film is right up their alley. The same way Bombshell and Trumbo got into Ensemble.

I believe JK Simmons will also get nominated along with Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem.

– I don’t know why people are predicting Denzel Washington for The Tragedy of Macbeth at SAG. There were no physical screeners sent to voters (it is very under seen, and most SAG NOM COMM members have not seen it, and this film is not a SAG type of film.

Power of the Dog is not in contention for Ensemble. It is 100% not the type of film SAG voters gravitate towards. Very highbrow and slow. That’s why films like The Shape of Water, Marriage Story, The Favourite, got overlooked in Ensemble.

I actually believe one of Kirsten Dunst or Kodi Smit-McPhee will be snubbed at SAG. The same way Amanda Seyfried was snubbed last year. Artsy, highbrow films don’t perform well at SAG.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

My best actress SAG prediction:

Lady Gaga

Jessica Chastain

Kristen Stewart

Nicole Kidman

Jennifer Hudson

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Ensemble
    – Belfast
    – House of Gucci
    – King Richard
    – The Power of the Dog
    – West Side Story

Actor
    – Benedict Cumberbatch
    – Leonardo Dicaprio
    – Andrew Garfield
    – Will Smith
    – Denzel Washington

Actress
    – Jessica Chastain
    – Lady Gaga
    – Nicole Kidman
    – Kristen Stewart
    – Rachel Zegler

Supporting Actor
    – Bradley Cooper
    – Ciaran Hinds
    – Troy Kotsur
    – Jared Leto
    – Kodi Smit-McPhee

Supporting Actress
    – Caitriona Balfe
    – Ariana DeBose
    – Kirsten Dunts
    – Aunjanue Ellis
    – Rita Moreno

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

I have both The Power of the Dog and King Richard getting snubbed. I have:

Belfast
    CODA
    Don’t Look Up
    The Harder They Fall
    West Side Story

THTF seems like such a SAG choice I had to go for it.

Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

Dunst missing with TPOTD making into ensemble, would be weird.

Yes, it would. But remember Amanda Seyfried and Regina King both missed SAG noms. Critics aren’t SAG and Dunst’s character is not as likeable as DeBose’s, Moreno’s, Balfe’s, Ellis’ or as tragic and central as Negga’s. It is a great performance, but the competition is fierce (and she will be featured in the ensemble nom).

Plus, I believe Moreno and Zegler might get nominated over other actresses in their respective categories because of WSS love and because they are POCs (they are good and worthy banners for inclusion)

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But remember Amanda Seyfried and Regina King both missed SAG noms.

But neither Mank nor If Beale Street Could Talk made it into SAG ensemble.

I don’t disagree that Dunst could be snubbed (even if it’s not something I am predicting) but it would be weird for her to miss whilst the film gets into a more competitive category with just as many strikes against it.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

JK Simmons is more likely to get nominated than Javier Bardem

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have both The Power of the Dog and King Richard getting snubbed. I have:

Belfast
    CODA
    Don’t Look Up
    The Harder They Fall
    West Side Story

THTF seems like such a SAG choice I had to go for it.

I don’t get this The Harder The Fall is going to get nominated thing at all – I have gone for broke and put Mass in my predictions. Perhaps it’s wishful thinking but I am hoping enough voters saw it to pull it through. Those are my other four predictions.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions’ is closed to new replies.