Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Joe Langer
FreemanGriffin
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It really feels like there’s a clear-ish top 4. There does however feel like a bloodbath for the 5th slot. Hudson and Chastain both are in biopics which we know SAG loves although it would be weird if both of them got in.

Agreed with your top 4. Kidman, Stewart, and Gaga are very safe. Colman is also safe by virtue of Netflix doing VERY WELL at SAG. Let’s say SAG does not resonate with her performance then I can see another Netflix contender get in such as movie stars Bullock and J-law. Though I really think Colman is safe. The fifth slot I’m inclined to think Hudson will get it since her performance is right up SAG’s alley and the narrative that Aretha hand picked Hudson would be most compelling to SAG. I don’t see a POC missing in lead actress especially when Davis won this category this year and SAG went 4/4 POC winners.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

By Erik Anderson:
    These are the following films that have been mailed to SAG nom comm voters in DVD format:

Jockey*
    The Hand of God
    Mass
    Parallel Mothers*
    Passing
    Spencer

*also in digital format

Interesting to see Netflix sending The Hand of God.

Profile picture
    Grunge
    Topics:

By Erik Anderson: These are the following films that have been mailed to SAG nom comm voters in DVD format: Jockey *The Hand of God Mass Parallel Mothers *Passing Spencer *also in digital format Interesting to see Netflix sending The Hand of God.

Maybe netflix feels like sending Hand Of God might be necessary to make sure the committee see it. I have netflix and they are barely promoting HOG compared to TTB or TPOTD.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Passing

The other gals better run.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

There does however feel like a bloodbath for the 5th slot.

Your lineup is 4/5 white women and SAG will not go for a full 5/5, go with JHud, safest bet.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble

1- Belfast: Locked for the nomination and possibly for the win. If everything falls apart for the “frontrunner”, it would still win this award purely because it’s a full definition of Ensemble, with two veterans, two established actors and one child actor. SAG has showed their appreciation for movies with child actors before. The only con I could see is that it is not american enough.

2- Don’t Look Up: Obvious.

3- Being the Ricardos: Three oscar winners, one Emmy winner, one Tony winner, and Jake Lacy, who has been on TV for a while. They’re also playing industry icons and SAG showed with Fosse/Verdon that they love when this happens.

4- King Richard: It’s one of the few black ensembles of the year + Child actors all the way.

5- The Harder They Fall: They’re not gonna resist Idris Elba, Regina King (I know she doesn’t has a SAG nom), Jonathan Majors, Lakeith Stanfield and Zazie Beetz. And the movie has been really well on Netflix charts. Marigold Hotel all over again.

I think The Power of the Dog is going to miss because it’s not a big Ensemble, and the acting may be a bit cold for SAG voters. If it gets nominated then it would be a very good sign for the movie.

House of Gucci is a very strong contender, but I’m waiting for official reviews to drop so I can decide what to do with this movie in terms of awards. The French Dispatch could pop up too.

Nightmare Alley and West Side Story will struggle because of the late release. I don’t buy CODA or Mass.

Stunt Ensemble:
    I’m predicting a Dune snub because Tenet and 1917 were also snubbed.

Black Widow
    Shang Chi
    The Last Duel
    The Suicide Squad
    The Matrix Resurrections

Alt: Nightmare Alley

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Jockey
    *The Hand of God
    Mass
    Parallel Mothers
    *Passing
    Spencer

*also in digital format

I’m relieved as there is a chance that Penelope Cruz is getting in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These are the following films that have been mailed to SAG nom comm voters in DVD format: Jockey *The Hand of God Mass Parallel Mothers *Passing Spencer *also in digital format

New additions

– Belfast*
    – Dune*
    – The Guilty*
    – In the Heights*
    – King Richard*
    – Pig*
    – Tick, Tick… Boom!*

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If Belfast needs to emerge as the Frontunner,SAG and BAFTA are the two places it needs to perform well. If it gets in 3 of its perfomers at SAG,it’s a force to be reckoned with.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Don’t Look Up

2. Belfast

3. King Richard

4. Being The Ricardos

5. House of Gucci

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Surprised Licorice Pizza is still so low. Feels like a much more obvious nominee than The Power of the Dog or Nightmare Alley.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

SAG Ensemble

5- The Harder They Fall: They’re not gonna resist Idris Elba, Regina King (I know she doesn’t has a SAG nom), Jonathan Majors, Lakeith Stanfield and Zazie Beetz. And the movie has been really well on Netflix charts. Marigold Hotel all over again.

She does (as a part of the Ray Ensemble), she just doesn’t have an individual SAG nom, which is insane to think about considering she’s won 4 Emmys and an Oscar.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Hello Everyone,

I’m Joe Langer and I’m a member of the Screen Actors Guild (inducted in 1999). My nephew told me of this place to share opinions and discuss art.

SAG has always prided itself on it’s ability to recognise great acting. This year there are some movies that everyone is talking about. King Richard, Belfast, Campion’s film to name a few. Feel free to ask me anything.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

Profile picture
    Sonny Rene
    Topics:

Hello Everyone, I’m Joe Langer and I’m a member of the Screen Actors Guild (inducted in 1999). My nephew told me of this place to share opinions and discuss art. SAG has always prided itself on it’s ability to recognise great acting. This year there are some movies that everyone is talking about. King Richard, Belfast, Campion’s film to name a few. Feel free to ask me anything.

Hello sir, how did House of Gucci play among the guild?

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Hello sir, how did House of Gucci play among the guild?

Hello. No need to call me Sir. Just call me Joe.

It’s hard to tell for certainly as we received DVDs for it just recently (I received it only 3 days back). However I watched it as soon as I received the screener and yesterday I was discussing it with a few of my colleagues and there seems to be a general consensus that the film is kind of a mess mainly due to Ridley’s fault. Everyone is raving about Lady Gaga and I agree with them although none of my friends liked Jared Leto. He came across too comical for a real person. Jeremy Irons did a horrible job and so did Al. It’s the Gaga show and if the film gets anything,it will be her.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions’ is closed to new replies.