Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread

SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I mean, if your client wins an acting award you’d know lol. Still, someone replied “Did she win?” and the stylist deleted a comment “When you’re nominated, you already won” So who really knows. I’m rooting for her since I wanted her to win and I’m not too fond of Youn’s performance in Minari. But I’m very doubtful [/quote]

Why? Hers is the type of performance that wins SAG and for some reason this is the category where upsets usually happen.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

The comment is still there not deleted… i mean good for her if she won but it’s not that deserved

i will be more salty if she wins the rest of the awards.sorry in advance

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

It’s Comedy Actress placement at Globes that messed up that one.

Ironically, The Globes were the only place where she was put in the right category.

Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

The post says #nom. I think they are just promoting their work honestly. People are looking too deep into it.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

But if the reply was “She already won by being nominated” along those lines, we don’t know for sure yet! lol

Classic damage control. She realized what she’s done and tried to make it more vague. Congratulating on a nomination today makes no sense.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

But if the reply was “She already won by being nominated” along those lines, we don’t know for sure yet! lol

I mean was the stylist supposed to say ‘yes, she won’… of course he/she gave the typical answer.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Classic damage control. She realized what she’s done and tried to make it more vague. Congratulating on a nomination today makes no sense.

actually a lot of glam team members does that so it might be just that too
    edit: nvm she posted sth for the nom before

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

At least let Carey wins because I won’t be satisfied enough with only the wins of Daniel and Anya.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’m ready to eat a humble pie if I’m wrong but just going by pure human nature nobody gets carried away and congrats on a nom on the day of winner announcement. So smart money is on stylist getting carried away and congratualting on a win and then trying to undo the “damage”. Belive me but stylists don’t think they are under as much scrutiny as stars so they feel freeer to post more revealing tweets or instas. I remember Adam Driver’s make-up artist from TROS posting a make-up set used on the last day of TROS that revealed that Kylo Ren was badly injured. She deleted it probably after getting the wind of that speculation of character death was blowing up on the Internet.

Point being, these things happen. People who don’t think they will attract attention post something that doesn’t seem revealing to them and then go “oh shoot” when it turns out others guessed the meaning.

Bakalova was amazing in Borat 2. It’s a very unique performance that doesn’t happen every day and it should and will be awarded.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

This is going to be a long night.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Buckle your ass up, everyone

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The comment is still there not deleted… i mean good for her if she won but it’s not that deserved i will be more salty if she wins the rest of the awards.sorry in advance

Well here’s the thing, I don’t think it’s possible in the preferential era for the majority of acting winners to be in non-Best Picture nominees. So assuming that Mulligan loses and Day’s the frontrunner, that does mean Youn could still pull it off. If Mulligan does win, I’ll switch to Bakalova from Youn

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

for some, it will be morning; 3 am here

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I was sent this. An Instagram post by Bakalova’s stylist. I don’t think she is congratulating her on the nomination two months later.

That’s too obvious.

She won.

Bakalova had an SAG, beating Close, Youn ,and Colman….. Hope Oscars undo this mistake.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Michelle Pfeiffer made an Instagram post congratulating Glenn Close on her Oscar nomination the day of the ceremony in 2019, even though her nomination had been announced long before. Let’s not read too much into this.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread’ is closed to new replies.