Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread

SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
George Ehret
Victor Cruz
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

for some, it will be morning; 3 am here

Same here.💀💀

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

Michelle Pfeiffer made an Instagram post congratulating Glenn Close on her Oscar nomination the day of the ceremony in 2019, even though her nomination had been announced long before. Let’s not read too much into this.

Michelle Pfeiffer is not the Glenn Close stylist… who probably choose her look on the day that SAG recorded the winners.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Bakalova winning would be a travesty. The worst supporting actress winner after Alison Janney and Regina King.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Bakalova winning would be a travesty. The worst supporting actress winner after Alison Janney and Regina King.

Can’t speak to Janney since I still haven’t seen I, Tonya, but Regina was easily the best in that category not just at the Oscars but in general. No supporting actress performance that year came close

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Jazzy
    Topics:

Michelle Pfeiffer made an Instagram post congratulating Glenn Close on her Oscar nomination the day of the ceremony in 2019, even though her nomination had been announced long before. Let’s not read too much into this.

Not to mention that the stylist’s post has “#nom” on it. How convenient that they overlooked that.

FYC: Vanessa Kirby - Pieces of a Woman

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

okay no shade on queen regina king. she deserved that oscar very much so but I totally agree with AJ lmao

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Same here.đź’€

Europeans are always f*cked.

Can’t speak to Janney since I still haven’t seen I, Tonya

What are you waiting for? Margot Robbie gave an exceptional performance. About Alison – yeah, not a deserving winner.

Profile picture
    Diogo Duarte
    Topics:

Not to mention that the stylist’s post has “#nom” on it. How convenient that they overlooked that.

I’m seeing some people say the post was originally just saying congrats and #nom was edited in.

Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

I know what it says. I examined it carefully. But as I mentioned in the post, there’s no sense to keep congratulate someone on their nomination months later. Anyway, I’m one of Youn’s most passionate fans here, so for me is definitely not convenient. Not at all.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can’t speak to Janney since I still haven’t seen I, Tonya, but Regina was easily the best in that category not just at the Oscars but in general. No supporting actress performance that year came close

Neither King or Janney were bad winners (both were excellent) but I personally preferred Rachel Weisz and Laurie Metcalf.

The Metcalf loss stings hard in particular because she gives my favourite supporting performance EVER and I don’t know if she’ll get another chance again whilst Janney will probably be back at the Oscars considering how many film roles she keeps getting

IMO Margot Robbie should have won the Comedy Actress Globe and Laurie Metcalf should have won Supporting Actress. It felt like that entire season got it mixed up over who was the MVP of both those films.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

I know what it says. I examined it carefully. But as I mentioned in the post, there’s no sense to keep congratulate someone on their nomination months later. Anyway, I’m one of Youn’s most passionate fans here, so for me is definitely not convenient. Not at all.

Moreover, apparently the post was originally saying just ‘congrats’ and  the #nom was edited in. Pretty sure she won.

Profile picture
    BestDirectorDennisDugan
    Topics:

The “#nom” caption was edited and so was the deleted comment/reply when someone asked if she won and her response was “When you are nominated, you already won”.

I’ve spent too much time devoted on this lol.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

How does her stylist know unless she told her? Only the nominees and presenters were allowed in the Zoom

Room

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

What are you waiting for? Margot Robbie gave an exceptional performance. About Alison – yeah, not a deserving winner.

It’s admittedly a lot cause I was salty about Metcalf not winning (this was the year before I started following the race), but there’s just a bunch of movies that I still haven’t seen that I just haven’t gotten around to watching yet. A major blindspot for me is Kramer vs Kramer, for example.

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2021 Film Reactions Thread’ is closed to new replies.