Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 482 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
M
JV
  • Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

With the exception of King Richard I could make a case for all four of the other nominees in Ensemble Cast to win – but I think it’s Belfast vs Don’t Look Up. Troy vs Kodi for Supporting Actor. I sure hope for Ariana DeBose to win but the lack of an Ensemble Cast nomination has me worried. I just hope they don’t give it to Kirsten Dunst (jmo – but Dog wasn’t nominated for Ensemble Cast either). Unfortunately I think Will Smith is going to win ): Hope for Cumberbatch or Garfield though. Actress is the most interesting. Can Kidman sweep this year? Will they go with a biopic or the only non-biopic performance (Colman)? Am I just totally underestimating Jessica Chastain? Will we get different winners at each of the big awards this year?

Just like last year’s Best Actress race, this year is also interesting. Last year the GG had Andra Day, SAG had Viola, CC had Carey and BAFTA had Frances. All eventually becomes the official Oscar nominees. I hope this year is the same as last year’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Helen Mirren will receive the Life Achievement Award this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Love Helen Mirren!  Happy she’s getting the Lifetime Achievement Award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Jared Leto must be beloved by SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/j2tiger/status/1482030622738681865

People called out HFPA and BAFTA, and now it’s time for SAG to stop voting based on how they feel about the actors instead of the performances. They were always like that, by the way, nominating Nicole Kidman for everything she does and snubbing foreign actors (even though they got away with this complain because of Parasite)

To be fair, I don’t think that’s why Kristen Stewart missed. She missed simply because her performance is cold and the movie is pretty much Diana Spencer going from point A to point B and treating her workers bad. And she’s not a household name like Colman or Denzel to get away with that. Her missing SAG is not shocking at all, because many people on this forum said that it could happen.

Just like Belfast, I think this was a frontrunner hype created by pundits (who think they control the awards narrative) that its subject couldn’t hold and mantain simply because the performance/movie isn’t strong enough for that. I love Kristen Stewart and Personal Shopper/Clouds of Sils Maria are amazing, but it’s the truth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/j2tiger/status/1482030622738681865

People called out HFPA and BAFTA, and now it’s time for SAG to stop voting based on how they feel about the actors instead of the performances. They were always like that, by the way, nominating Nicole Kidman for everything she does and snubbing foreign actors (even though they got away with this complain because of Parasite)

To be fair, I don’t think that’s why Kristen Stewart missed. She missed simply because her performance is cold and the movie is pretty much Diana Spencer going from point A to point B and treating her workers bad. And she’s not a household name like Colman or Denzel to get away with that. Her missing SAG is not shocking at all, because many people on this forum said that it could happen.

Just like Belfast, I think this was a frontrunner hype created by pundits (who think they control the awards narrative) that its subject couldn’t hold and mantain simply because the performance/movie isn’t strong enough for that. I love Kristen Stewart and Personal Shopper/Clouds of Sils Maria are amazing, but it’s the truth.

Stewart is a household name. She is known for Twilight and Snow white.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

The fact that Kodi managed to win the Golden Globe gives me hope that he might win SAG as well. I don’t dislike Kotsur’s performance at all, but I’m team Kodi for this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

If you people bothered to read, you’d see I talked about a combination of not being famous and the role being weak. Smit-McPhee has more to do in his role and there’s been more press about him. Ellis has her 1 big scene with Will and another short scene where she confronts a neighbor; nothing else in the performance says “this needs to be nominated”. It’s been assumed throughout the season that her confrontation scene with Will is securing her place in the race. But maybe voters are actually feeling “nah, that’s not enough to deserve an award.” Well, <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>definitely people are feeling that, but it’s a matter of exactly how many. And do we think she will get high ballot placements from Oscar voters?

Well don’t say Aunjanue’s not famous then!  Yes Kodi had a lot to do but there’s time where one or two scenes can qualify you to be nominated if viewers and voters like the work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/j2tiger/status/1482030622738681865 People called out HFPA and BAFTA, and now it’s time for SAG to stop voting based on how they feel about the actors instead of the performances. They were always like that, by the way, nominating Nicole Kidman for everything she does and snubbing foreign actors

Nicole Kidman is a foreign actor.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is a foreign actor.

You know what I mean.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

You know what I mean.

I actually don’t, sorry. Do you mean because she’s white, she’s not foreign? Meaning that non-white people are foreign?

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

McPhee was brilliant but very subtle. Actors will appreciate his performance.

How about tiktok actors? Because I heard they also vote for SAG

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

How about tiktok actors? Because I heard they also vote for SAG

I think they would definitely vote for McPhee over someone like Kotsur. Lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

I think they would definitely vote for McPhee over someone like Kotsur. Lol

Yeah but Kodi’s rivals are also Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, and Jared Leto

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I actually don’t, sorry. Do you mean because she’s white, she’s not foreign? Meaning that non-white people are foreign?

What they mean is that Nicole Kidman is anglo-saxon. And we know Hollywood is dominated by anglo-saxon actors. A foreign actor is usually considered someone who is not anglo-saxon (as in not from the UK, U.S, Canada or Australia/NZ).

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 482 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.