Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
M
FreemanGriffin
JV
  • Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

The Screen Actor’s guild voting begins on January 19.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kenny
    Topics:

The Screen Actor’s guild voting begins on January 19.

Hi Joe,

If you could tell us what you’ll vote for (and reasoning if possible), it will be like a brutally honest ballot for the SAG Awards and might be helpful (after all you did tell is that Stewart was much weaker,Gaga-Kidman were strong, WSS had a screener issue and your ballots showed that Cate Blanchett was being voted for Nightmare Alley). Thank you!

(If you can’t tell us your choices, it’s absolutely no problem).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

Yes please!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Ok sure. I have tried to explain my choices and most likely these will be my votes when the voting opens.

I have luckily watched the films of all the nominees (except The Tender Bar). I was worried I would be unable to see Cyrano but Peter Dinklage is not nominated, so it doesn’t cause any harm.

Nominations copied from Variety

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role

Caitríona Balfe (“Belfast”)
    Cate Blanchett (“Nightmare Alley”)
    Ariana DeBose (“West Side Story”)
    Kirsten Dunst (“The Power of the Dog”)
    Ruth Negga (“Passing)

I immediately eliminate Cate because her film was a pain to sit through and because this is nothing new from her. Kirsten was the best part of her film and deserves her nomination but that’s it.  Her character almost vanishes from the second half.That leaves Ariana debose, Caitriona balfe and Ruth. Ariana debose was riveting in the role but I preferred Ms.Moreno more in the 1961 film. That is nothing to take away from Ariana’s performance though. Ruth was elegant and graceful in Passing and conveyed so much from so less. I loved her in the role. But I loved Balfe even more.  Her role was really relatable and she conveyed the dilemma really well. I’ve always liked her as an actress and this is a role tailor made for her and she knocked it out of the park.

My Vote will go to: Caitríona Balfe (“Belfast”)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Ben Affleck (“The Tender Bar”)
    Bradley Cooper (“Licorice Pizza”)
    Troy Kotsur (“CODA”)
    Jared Leto (“House of Gucci”)
    Kodi Smit-McPhee (“The Power of the Dog”)

I haven’t watched The Tender Bar. Bradley was fine in his small role in Licorice Pizza but nothing about it was nomination worthy frankly. Leto was weird in Gucci and I thought it was Gaga’s film through and through. Troy kotsur was hearybreaking in CODA as the father and really moved me. He was also really funny at various times. Kodi was really good in the power of the Dog and his final scenes gave me chills and I look forward to watching his long career.

My Vote will go to: Troy Kotsur (“CODA”)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Jessica Chastain (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)
    Olivia Colman (“The Lost Daughter”)
    Lady Gaga (“House of Gucci”)
    Jennifer Hudson (“Respect”)
    Nicole Kidman (“Being the Ricardos”)

I am not voting for Hudson for a role I think Cynthia did much much better. Olivia was okay in her film but was totally overshadowed by Jessie buckley who played her younger version. I also did not like the film at all. It was really tough to choose between Jessica,Gaga and Nicole. Gaga really carried her film and was a powerhouse. She dominated her film which was really messy at many times. Nicole was unbelievable as Lucy/Lucille and really justified her casting and I would have no problem with her winning. The scene where she confronts Desi is pure acting materclass. Jessica gave a truly transformative performance as Tammy Faye and as someone who saw the real Tammy faye on tv, I think she brought great depth to the role and captured the essence of Tammy faye brilliantly. Frankly speaking,I’ll have no problem with either Jessica or Nicole or Gaga winning. All three deserve it.

My Vote will go to: Jessica Chastain (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role

Javier Bardem (“Being the Ricardos”)
    Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Power of the Dog”)
    Andrew Garfield (“Tick, Tick … Boom!”)
    Will Smith (“King Richard”)
    Denzel Washington (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)

Denzel’s film sucked. Benedict was good but I thought Kristen and Kodi were much better. Javier was really exceptional as Desi and is totally deserving of his nominations. He and Nicole are a dynamic duo in the film. But for me, it is between Will and Andrew and as good as Will was in King richard and would be worthy of his incoming Academy award, I think Andrew was heads above everyone else. He really did something remarkable as Jonathan larson and really captured the feeling of motivation and disappointment really really well and what it means to be working in showbiz. His performance in Tammy faye was also incredible.

My Vote will go to: Andrew Garfield (“Tick, Tick … Boom!”)

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

“Belfast” (Focus Features)
    “CODA” (Apple Original Films)
    “Don’t Look Up” (Netflix)
    “House of Gucci” (MGM/United Artists Releasing)
    “King Richard” (Warner Bros)

Don’t look up had a really uneven cast with multiple good actors giving mediocre work. The only reason it’s here is because it was a hit. Leo diCaprio was the only one of the main cast to understand his role. Gucci was all Gaga’s show and this is the award for best cast. King richard basically had two powerhouse performances by Ellis and Will and the girl who played Venus was also very good. It comes down to CODA and Belfast. CODA had a really good and unique ensemble with nomination worthy turns from three actors but Belfast is THE ensemble of the year along with West side story. Belfast has about four-five nomination worthy turns and all its actors do career best work except Dame Judi dench. Incredible work.

My Vote will go to: “Belfast” (Focus Features)

Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

If I were a SAG voter I would go:

Ensemble: CODA (hard to choose here since I don’t like any of them, going with CODA in the name of diversity, DLU would be my second choice since it’s a very big ensemble)

Best Actress: Olivia Colman

Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch

Best Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga

Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Ok sure. I have tried to explain my choices and most likely these will be my votes when the voting opens.

I have luckily watched the films of all the nominees (except The Tender Bar). I was worried I would be unable to see Cyrano but Peter Dinklage is not nominated, so it doesn’t cause any harm.

Nominations copied from Variety

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role

Caitríona Balfe (“Belfast”)
    Cate Blanchett (“Nightmare Alley”)
    Ariana DeBose (“West Side Story”)
    Kirsten Dunst (“The Power of the Dog”)
    Ruth Negga (“Passing)

I immediately eliminate Cate because her film was a pain to sit through and because this is nothing new from her. Kirsten was the best part of her film and deserves her nomination but that’s it. Her character almost vanishes from the second half.That leaves Ariana debose, Caitriona balfe and Ruth. Ariana debose was riveting in the role but I preferred Ms.Moreno more in the 1961 film. That is nothing to take away from Ariana’s performance though. Ruth was elegant and graceful in Passing and conveyed so much from so less. I loved her in the role. But I loved Balfe even more. Her role was really relatable and she conveyed the dilemma really well. I’ve always liked her as an actress and this is a role tailor made for her and she knocked it out of the park.

My Vote will go to: Caitríona Balfe (“Belfast”)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Ben Affleck (“The Tender Bar”)
    Bradley Cooper (“Licorice Pizza”)
    Troy Kotsur (“CODA”)
    Jared Leto (“House of Gucci”)
    Kodi Smit-McPhee (“The Power of the Dog”)

I haven’t watched The Tender Bar. Bradley was fine in his small role in Licorice Pizza but nothing about it was nomination worthy frankly. Leto was weird in Gucci and I thought it was Gaga’s film through and through. Troy kotsur was hearybreaking in CODA as the father and really moved me. He was also really funny at various times. Kodi was really good in the power of the Dog and his final scenes gave me chills and I look forward to watching his long career.

My Vote will go to: Troy Kotsur (“CODA”)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Jessica Chastain (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)
    Olivia Colman (“The Lost Daughter”)
    Lady Gaga (“House of Gucci”)
    Jennifer Hudson (“Respect”)
    Nicole Kidman (“Being the Ricardos”)

I am not voting for Hudson for a role I think Cynthia did much much better. Olivia was okay in her film but was totally overshadowed by Jessie buckley who played her younger version. I also did not like the film at all. It was really tough to choose between Jessica,Gaga and Nicole. Gaga really carried her film and was a powerhouse. She dominated her film which was really messy at many times. Nicole was unbelievable as Lucy/Lucille and really justified her casting and I would have no problem with her winning. The scene where she confronts Desi is pure acting materclass. Jessica gave a truly transformative performance as Tammy Faye and as someone who saw the real Tammy faye on tv, I think she brought great depth to the role and captured the essence of Tammy faye brilliantly. Frankly speaking,I’ll have no problem with either Jessica or Nicole or Gaga winning. All three deserve it.

My Vote will go to: Jessica Chastain (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role

Javier Bardem (“Being the Ricardos”)
    Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Power of the Dog”)
    Andrew Garfield (“Tick, Tick … Boom!”)
    Will Smith (“King Richard”)
    Denzel Washington (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)

Denzel’s film sucked. Benedict was good but I thought Kristen and Kodi were much better. Javier was really exceptional as Desi and is totally deserving of his nominations. He and Nicole are a dynamic duo in the film. But for me, it is between Will and Andrew and as good as Will was in King richard and would be worthy of his incoming Academy award, I think Andrew was heads above everyone else. He really did something remarkable as Jonathan larson and really captured the feeling of motivation and disappointment really really well and what it means to be working in showbiz. His performance in Tammy faye was also incredible.

My Vote will go to: Andrew Garfield (“Tick, Tick … Boom!”)

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

“Belfast” (Focus Features)
    “CODA” (Apple Original Films)
    “Don’t Look Up” (Netflix)
    “House of Gucci” (MGM/United Artists Releasing)
    “King Richard” (Warner Bros)

Don’t look up had a really uneven cast with multiple good actors giving mediocre work. The only reason it’s here is because it was a hit. Leo diCaprio was the only one of the main cast to understand his role. Gucci was all Gaga’s show and this is the award for best cast. King richard basically had two powerhouse performances by Ellis and Will and the girl who played Venus was also very good. It comes down to CODA and Belfast. CODA had a really good and unique ensemble with nomination worthy turns from three actors but Belfast is THE ensemble of the year along with West side story. Belfast has about four-five nomination worthy turns and all its actors do career best work except Dame Judi dench. Incredible work.

My Vote will go to: “Belfast” (Focus Features)

You’re not a fan of Lost Daughter and Macbeth. I’m already a fan. Thanks for the insight.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If I were a SAG voter:

Best Ensemble Cast: Belfast

Best Actress: Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter

Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog

Best Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose, West Side Story

Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

If I were a SAG voter I would go: Ensemble: CODA (hard to choose here since I don’t like any of them, going with CODA in the name of diversity, DLU would be my second choice since it’s a very big ensemble) Best Actress: Olivia Colman Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch Best Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee

Same ballot for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

I’m in SAG!

My votes will be

Best Ensemble: CODA
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield
    Best Actress: Lady Gaga
    Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smitt McPhee
    Best Supporting Actress: Haven’t decide between DeBose and Negga, but I think I’ll end up going with DeBose.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman seeing Clayton Davis predicting Olivia Colman to win:

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    And Just Like That...
    Topics:

In my opinion, Smith and McPhee are slam dunks. DeBose is almost locked just by the fact that she still managed to get in despite her movie’s low visibility (if I’m not mistaken SAG didn’t receive screeners) over Ellis so makes me think she’s fully sweeping. As of actress, I’d say Kidman vs Gaga. Kidman is a SAG favorite portraying an industry legend coming off of a GG win, while Gaga is the only one whose movie is nominated for best ensemble so she will likely have the most visibility (main reason why I think Viola won SAG last year) just in case there’s lack of passion behind Kidman (which would be reasonable imo).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Just received a wonderful House of gucci shirt from the studio signed by Gaga,Leto,Al pacino, adam driver, salma hayek, jeremy irons with “Father,son and house of gucci” written in bold at the bottom.

Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

https://insessionfilm.com/chasing-the-gold-sag-anonymous-ballot-1/

An anonymous SAG ballot with commentary on all the nominees alongside their picks which were:

Lead Actress: Olivia Colman

Lead Actor: Andrew Garfield

Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett

Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur

Ensemble: House of Gucci

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

https://insessionfilm.com/chasing-the-gold-sag-anonymous-ballot-1/ An anonymous SAG ballot with commentary on all the nominees alongside their picks which were: Lead Actress: Olivia Colman Lead Actor: Andrew Garfield Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur Ensemble: House of Gucci

The comment about how the Will Smith Twitter hype is just BS is sending me. 🤣 Let’s hope they’re right. Some of those other comments though…. GROSS.

Also not them saying DeBose is playing Maria. 💀💀💀💀💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 503 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.