Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
FreemanGriffin
JV
  • Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I have to say I’m also sensing a Garfield win in here, performance aside,  he’s currently the most popular in his category, this alone is enough to put him in a favorable position.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I had Andrew briefly but I felt like I was hopedicting so I switched to Will. Hope y’all are right!

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If Colman wins SAG, I’m afraid it’s over for the ladies. I don’t think she will though. The guy seems to like Haim’s performance so much and she wasn’t nominated, so it kinda tells me that his taste is kinda disconnected from SAG’s mainstream tendancies.

Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

I had Andrew briefly but I felt like I was hopedicting so I switched to Will. Hope y’all are right!

The most entertaining season possible would be Smith for GG, Garfield for SAG, and Cumberbatch for BAFTA. (And really, isn’t entertaining us the most important part of all this?)

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

the meltdowns if HOG actually wins Ensemble

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I mean anyone who doesn’t think Ensemble is between HoG and DLU is in denial at this point. There’s no other movie that’s winning it. We’re talking about 160k members here. If you think enough of them saw CODA and Belfast, good luck I guess.

The Trial Of Chicago: Netflix
    Parasite: 258M$ B.O
    Black Panther: 1.3B$ B.O
    3B: 160M$ B.O
    Hidden Figures: 236M$

So yeah it’s going to be either a Netflix movie (widely available/seen on the most popular platform) or a movie that did good enough at the B.O to be widely seen.

CODA B.O: 1.1M$
    Belfast B.O: 7M$

I know we’re in a pandemic but you also have a movie in contention with 144M$ B.O.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

The thing about anonymous ballots is that there’s way more incentive to talk when you don’t agree with what the majority is picking. But also, it’s hard to know what the mainstream opinion is with SAG when the nominating committee is such a small fraction of the full body. I bet there are plenty of people that will vote for frontrunner stars like Smith and Kidman without thinking twice, and no one will hear anything from a lot of them.

But even so, I think Best Actor could be pretty close here. As far as Garfield goes, his best chance of breaking into the top 2 is here considering SAG’s demographic. He’s the only other populist role in the category. And if Cumberbatch performs better with SAG voters than expected, I could see that hurting the presumptive frontrunner (Smith) and other auteur performance (Washington) more than it hurts him.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I mean anyone who doesn’t think Ensemble is between HoG and DLU is in denial at this point. There’s no other movie that’s winning it. We’re talking about 160k members here. If you think enough of them saw CODA and Belfast, good luck I guess.

The Trial Of Chicago: Netflix
    Parasite: 258M$ B.O
    Black Panther: 1.3B$ B.O
    3B: 160M$ B.O
    Hidden Figures: 236M$

So yeah it’s going to be either a Netflix movie (widely available/seen on the most popular platform) or a movie that did good enough at the B.O to be widely seen.

CODA B.O: 1.1M$
    Belfast B.O: 7M$

I know we’re in a pandemic but you also have a movie in contention with 144M$ B.O.

I’d love that to be true but for example Parasite and 3BB didn’t have robust box office when they won. They were in by the force of their industry campaign, which is something all 5 nominees have. Besides they also won over films with bigger B.O. and/or were on Netflix.
    I honestly believe as of now any of the 5 could win, and as much as having popularity as big as HoG or DLU helps a lot, it’s not a simple math as that.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

I’d love that to be true but for example Parasite and 3BB didn’t have robust box office when they won. They were in by the force of their industry campaign, which is something all 5 nominees have. Besides they also won over films with bigger B.O. and/or were on Netflix. I honestly believe as of now any of the 5 could win, and as much as having popularity as big as HoG or DLU helps a lot, it’s not a simple math as that.

Parasite was an anomaly that everyone universally was were rooting for (BO success or not) and actually 3BB was the second highest grossing movie in the category (first was Get Out, but we already know how the industry feels about horror films) and had Frances & Sam continuing their clean sweep to the Oscars later on, so yes popularity plays a huge factor especially ever since the SAG-AFTRA merger

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Honestly speaking, all five films have a shot to win Best Ensemble.

Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

Will Smith has not been campaigning at all, but it might help him in the long run…I’m sick of seeing certain people everywhere, overexposure and peaking too early is never good. Slow and steady wins the race.

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

Also not them saying DeBose is playing Maria. 💀💀💀

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he simply misspoke.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Parasite was an anomaly that everyone universally was were rooting for (BO success or not) and actually 3BB was the second highest grossing movie in the category (first was Get Out, but we already know how the industry feels about horror films) and had Frances & Sam continuing their clean sweep to the Oscars later on, so yes popularity plays a huge factor especially ever since the SAG-AFTRA merger

I didn’t deny it’s important, I directed that more at calling delusional whoever doesn’t predict these 2 since the 5 nominees are in strong campaign to that award group that could lead to the win. Parasite was so universally beloved because it had a wide distribution so everyone had access to it and then stan, it wasn’t magically found. If it wasn’t its strong campaign which again, all 5 nominees have, Parasite would just be another Palme d’Or winner and not the juggernaut it became.

With that being said, I am rooting for HoG to win Ensemble and I hope M’s prediction is true anyway hehehe

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Will Smith has not been campaigning at all, but it might help him in the long run…I’m sick of seeing certain people everywhere, overexposure and peaking too early is never good. Slow and steady wins the race.

After that Twitter campaign begging for the media to stop interviewing Jaida and him, I think it’s for the best that he stays out of the spotlight for a second lol. He doesn’t need it anyways.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.