Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
M
FreemanGriffin
JV
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I am predicting Don’t Look Up (and I’m weirdly confident about it) simply because it’s the biggest film in scale and popularity and SAG always go with the biggest. I think the ensemble might be seen as undeniable by the voters (DiCaprio, Lawrence, Streep, Blanchett, etc). The fact that it received no individual nominations actually adds up to that narrative.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ensemble: Don’t Look Up (Spoiler: Really anything although I have Belfast in second right now)
    Actress: Nicole Kidman (Spoiler: Lady Gaga)
    Actor: Will Smith (Spoiler: Andrew Garfield)
    S. Actress: Ariana DeBose (Spoiler: Kirsten Dunst)
    S. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee (Spoiler: Troy Kotsur)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Ensemble: Belfast (Spoiler: Don’t Look Up)
    Actor: Will Smith (Spoiler: Andrew Garfield)
    Actress: Nicole Kidman (Spoiler: Lady Gaga)
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur (Spoiler: Kodi Smit-McPhee)
    Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose (Spoiler: Caitriona Balfe)

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

SAG voting is open now through February 11th…

Members in good standing like myself have already received digital screener links for all of the nominated films/performances….
    DVD’s for most of those films will also be sent out IF members didn’t opt out of those for digital screeners only… They usually arrive sporadically and sometimes can get lost/stolen in the mail. I’ve had friends get them 2 weeks before me and we live not 10 minutes apart… All things to consider when thinking about who will win…

Going off of my friends and fellow voters I’ve talked to in the biz, I’d predict CODA, Ariana DeBose, Andrew Garfield and Troy Kotsur… Actress seems to be Jessica with Nicole close behind…. That being said, there are more than 100,000 or so of us in good standing and eligible to vote. So, my circle may not be the same as one in NY, etc…Make of it what you will.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

SAG voting is open now through February 11th… Members in good standing like myself have already received digital screener links for all of the nominated films/performances…. DVD’s for most of those films will also be sent out IF members didn’t opt out of those for digital screeners only… They usually arrive sporadically and sometimes can get lost/stolen in the mail. I’ve had friends get them 2 weeks before me and we live not 10 minutes apart… All things to consider when thinking about who will win… Going off of my friends and fellow voters I’ve talked to in the biz, I’d predict CODA, Ariana DeBose, Andrew Garfield and Troy Kotsur… Actress seems to be Jessica with Nicole close behind…. That being said, there are more than 100,000 or so of us in good standing and eligible to vote. So, my circle may not be the same as one in NY, etc…Make of it what you will.

We have multiple members from SAG saying that Jessica is strong, I wonder if she campaigned behind the scenes with many sag members.

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

We have multiple members from SAG saying that Jessica is strong, I wonder if she campaigned behind the scenes with many sag members.

From my experience and the people I’ve spoken to, they are speaking solely from watching the movies and nothing about the campaigns….

If you look at the SAG industry screenings (virtual and live) and such prior to the nominees, Hudson seemed to do the most campaigning followed by Gaga… Kidman did a lot towards nomination time and Chastain did more in the fall. Colman didn’t do much at all…. I don’t think any of them do behind the scenes campaigning. There’s too many of us to reach, and they’re generally too busy I would guess.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he simply misspoke.

It’s not the only mistake they make. They say about Jared Leto: “It’s kind of the epitome of the saying “less is more”. They obviously meant that it’s the “opposite of that saying”. “Epitome” means a classic example of something. 💀

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Going off of my friends and fellow voters I’ve talked to in the biz, I’d predict … Ariana DeBose, Andrew Garfield

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

I think it depends who you talk to! Jessica and Nicole are definitley surging but younger actors in the branch are tending to go with Gaga. I think Any of the three are strong. I also know a few people who said they will wait last minute to vote to see how the race continues to shape and how the women campaign etc. so I think It’s any of the 3rs game. I personally am going to wait a bit to vote.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I think it depends who you talk to! Jessica and Nicole are definitley surging but younger actors in the branch are tending to go with Gaga. I think Any of the three are strong. I also know a few people who said they will wait last minute to vote to see how the race continues to shape and how the women campaign etc. so I think It’s any of the 3rs game. I personally am going to wait a bit to vote.

Thanks, are zoom calls with sag members allowed at this stage ? I know BAFTAs have strict rules after the noms about campaigning, wonder if sag is more relaxed.

Profile picture
    Actormogul
    Topics:

Thanks, are zoom calls with sag members allowed at this stage ? I know BAFTAs have strict rules after the noms about campaigning, wonder if sag is more relaxed.

There are rules against it, however I wouldnt Say it is necessarily followed!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Sadly most award shows don’t have as strict rules as BAFTA. Some even allow gift items to be included with FYC, ridiculous. That’s literally bribery.

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

There are NO Zoom calls with SAG Members… There are previously taped and professionally-moderated “conversations” made available or even live- professionally moderated conversations after screenings that studios email in their official FYC campaigns.

Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

Careful people. There’s a HUGE difference between the SAG Nominating Committee and the overall SAG membership which is made up of over 100 000 people. Most of that 100 000 are INDUSTRY, the original SAG membership. They outnumber the AFTRA section. The Meryl Streeps, Viola Davis’, Denzel Washingtons, television actors, etc. Industry veterans. You guys are putting way too much weight on TikTokkers and AFTRA, when it comes to voting for the winners.

Actors vote for actors. Established actors. They vote older. They vote POC.
    I see a whole lot of people predicting a lot of young, white popular winners. The polar opposite of SAG winners.

Last year’s winners clearly show the difference in the 100 000 membership. That’s why Youn Yuh-jung won over younger popular Maria Bakalova. And Viola Davis winning over Carey Mulligan. Etc.

Kodi Smit-McPhee and Ariana DeBose are atypical SAG winners. Very young, very new, not established.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Kodi Smit-McPhee and Ariana DeBose are atypical SAG winners. Very young, very new, not established.

With Aunjanue Ellis snubbed, I don’t think anyone will be able to win over DeBose at SAG. Had Ellis made it in, she would have seemed the logical alternative considering SAG’s affinity for veterans.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.