Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
FreemanGriffin
JV
  • Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

Balfe aint winning any major awards lol.

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

That explains why Lupita Nyong’o lost SAG for her very first film role!

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????  Lupita won SAG for her first film role

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Ensemble: have no idea (i could see anyone winning)
    Actor: Smith (if he loses, it’d be to Garfield not Cumberbatch)
    Actress: Kidman (Chastain and Gaga are dark horses)
    Supporting Actor: Kodi vs Troy
    Supporting Actress: DeBose (Dunts in 2nd place)

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

Arian DeBose will easily win SAG people…. We voters (who are in good standing in the union) have a digital screener of the film now. They are also mailing a dvd of it to us (if we didnt opt out of physical screeners)… and we have 3 more weeks to vote.

I’ve seen everything and My votes will be:
    Ensemble: CODA
    Actor: Andrew Garfield
    Actress: Jessica Chastain
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Sup. Actress: Ariana DeBose
    Stunts: No Time to Die

*Supporting Actor was a tough choice between Kotsur and Smit-McPhee. I imagine that race is gonna be very close. With more voters liking CODA as a whole (trust me they do), I feel like Kotsur can win. But personally, I had to give the edge to Smit-McPhee.

Profile picture
    jpsps
    Topics:

Arian DeBose will easily win SAG people…. We voters (who are in good standing in the union) have a digital screener of the film now. They are also mailing a dvd of it to us (if we didnt opt out of physical screeners)… and we have 3 more weeks to vote. I’ve seen everything and My votes will be: Ensemble: CODA Actor: Andrew Garfield Actress: Jessica Chastain Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee Sup. Actress: Ariana DeBose Stunts: No Time to Die *Supporting Actor was a tough choice between Kotsur and Smit-McPhee. I imagine that race is gonna be very close. With more voters liking CODA as a whole (trust me they do), I feel like Kotsur can win. But personally, I had to give the edge to Smit-McPhee.

What about Gaga and Kidman?

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

What about Gaga and Kidman?

What about them? …. Personally, I thought Kidman was quite good. Gaga was better than I thought she’d be, but I wouldn’t even have nominated her (and I love Gaga)… Chastain was miles above the other contenders for me…. Now, as for winning, I’d argue it’s Kidman v. Chastain… Gaga has very little chance. The nomination is her win (despite what her stans and younger fans and Twitter say. Remember Twitter has no bearing on who people actually vote for). We are the full actors branch voting and it’s going to the most deserved performance.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

(Remember, Twitter has no bearing on who people actually vote for)

Shouldn’t ever be forgotten… Film Twitter tried to tell me Green Book had no BP shot and Joker was getting no noms except maybe Joaquin 🤣

I rejected all that as much as I did the GD odds showing Dowd as the front runner to win. If it doesn’t pass the smell test…

FYC
    Best Picture: "Showing Up" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Kelly Reichardt; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Michelle Williams; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau, Heather Lawless, Amanda Plummer; Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Judd Hirsch, Andre Benjamin, John Magaro; Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Kelly Reichardt, Jonathan Raymond
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Instant
    Topics:

The delusion about Chastain winning SAG, lol. Those SAG votes lost on her will look especially ridiculous, if she gets punched out of top 5 at the Oscars, since Chastain and Stewart seem to be the ones who can easily miss the final lineup.

Chastain stans here clearly have a problem with making a distinction between what will/can happen and what they want to happen, since she hasn’t had an Oscar nom for centuries.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’d be genuinely shocked if Chastain won over Gaga and Kidman. Where is this narrative coming from?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Instant
    Topics:

I’d be genuinely shocked if Chastain won over Gaga and Kidman. Where is this narrative coming from?

From the narrative  of SAG voters being so painfully basic that they will be enamoured with Chastain’s skin cancer patient makeup.

Sure, she could win, but she’s clearly distant third behind Kidman and Gaga

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Arian DeBose will easily win SAG people…. We voters (who are in good standing in the union) have a digital screener of the film now. They are also mailing a dvd of it to us (if we didnt opt out of physical screeners)… and we have 3 more weeks to vote.

I’ve seen everything and My votes will be:
    Ensemble: CODA
    Actor: Andrew Garfield
    Actress: Jessica Chastain
    Sup. Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Sup. Actress: Ariana DeBose
    Stunts: No Time to Die

*Supporting Actor was a tough choice between Kotsur and Smit-McPhee. I imagine that race is gonna be very close. With more voters liking CODA as a whole (trust me they do), I feel like Kotsur can win. But personally, I had to give the edge to Smit-McPhee.

How could you guys snub WSS but nominate her without screeners?

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

I’m predicting Nicole only because she’s Nicole and won the Globes, but Gaga has naturally more visibility because her movie is nominated in ensemble. It’s either one of the two.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

I’m still not sure about ensemble. I have Gucci but honestly I think any of them could take it.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Lupita won SAG for her first film role

The user was sarcastic

Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

I voted for Jessica, Will, Ruth and Kodi. And Gucci for Cast.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.