Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 504 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
M
FreemanGriffin
JV
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I voted for Jessica, Will, Ruth and Kofi. And Gucci for Cast.

Kodi

KODI

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    deemura
    Topics:

…. We are the full actors branch voting and it’s going to the most deserved performance.

That’s funny since y’all snubbed Stewart

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

What about them? …. Personally, I thought Kidman was quite good. Gaga was better than I thought she’d be, but I wouldn’t even have nominated her (and I love Gaga)… Chastain was miles above the other contenders for me…. Now, as for winning, I’d argue it’s Kidman v. Chastain… Gaga has very little chance. The nomination is her win (despite what her stans and younger fans and Twitter say. Remember Twitter has no bearing on who people actually vote for). We are the full actors branch voting and it’s going to the most deserved performance.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Two more anonymous ballots, although the first of them should maybe be thrown out for barely watching anything.

https://insessionfilm.com/chasing-the-gold-sag-anonymous-ballot-2-and-3-from-academy-queens/

It’s easy to see how Gucci could perform well with a big voting body.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Two more anonymous ballots, although the first of them should maybe be thrown out for barely watching anything. https://insessionfilm.com/chasing-the-gold-sag-anonymous-ballot-2-and-3-from-academy-queens/ It’s easy to see how Gucci could perform well with a big voting body.

JG: Oh I’m sorry, let’s go through each of the nominees and tell me what you think of them in their films and then at the end of each category you can reveal out of the five who you would vote for.

SV2: I haven’t seen these.

JG: ….I’m sorry, what?

SV2: Yeah, I’m not going to watch these. Although I did see WandaVision and that Tammy Faye movie, I just am excited to vote for the first time.

JG: So you’re going to vote without seeing the movies?

SV2: I know, I know it sounds awful but it is what it is, but yeah I want to vote for Jared Leto and Lady Gaga because I like their music. So I’ll vote for House of Gucci for best film too.

This guy should get his voting rights revoked.

Kendrick Lamar grammy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong emmy campaign manager
    Michelle Yeoh oscar campaign manager

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

So both anonymous ballots are voting for HoG for Ensemble.. I guess I’m not changing my predictions for now.

And it’s starting to look like HoG being in Ensemble could hurt Gaga’s chances. So far every anonymous ballot praised her, yet only one voted for her. I think some people who like her performance may vote for HoG in Ensemble and someone else in BA.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

SAG is so awful, lol

The biggest takeway from these ballots is that I’m getting confident in my NGNG prediction of Colman winning. If she could get nominated in this voting body that finds Bardem worth of a nomination then I can easily see her winning because anyone who watches the movie sees that no one in the category matches what she did in The Lost Daughter (even if they don’t like the movie). And she has yet to win a SAG award.

Plus, I don’t entirely buy the “vote splitting” argument but I believe that Chastain, Kidman, Hudson and Gaga will probably appeal to the same demographic.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Some of these people shouldn’t be allowed to vote tbh.

Anyways going by the ballots we’ve been seeing Actor seem to be a lot more spread than I thought at first. Olivia also got a couple of mentions so far, which is better than I thought she would do with these people lol but I still it’s Kidman’s.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

They should split the guild. Influencers have nothing in common with screen actors and they’re not interested in cinema. Let them have their own awards about social media.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

What the f with that SAG voters who didn’t watch anything but votes someone because he like their music?

I think some of Goldderby users here would’ve make a better voter than that moron. Reading that interview makes me so angry darling…

Profile picture
    snowball
    Topics:

Those voters…damn. One cannot go lower than that 😭

I want names lmao

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Did I understand correctly that this one voter said that he’d vote for Smit-McPhee based “just” on performance but then doesn’t because… ?? This is why SAG is no longer a reliable Oscar foreteller.

But I am sorry, I must ask this: are these really real? They seem so awfully fake to me.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Did I understand correctly that this one voter said that he’d vote for Smit-McPhee based “just” on performance but then doesn’t because… ?? This is why SAG is no longer a reliable Oscar foreteller.

But I am sorry, I must ask this: are these really real? They seem so awfully fake to me.

I did think the same about SV2. It just feels so forced. Like, those brutally honest Oscar ballots. But then again, I can actually believe people like that exist. SV3, on the other hand, did seem quite legit tbh.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I did think the same about SV2. It just feels so forced. Like, those brutally honest Oscar ballots. But then again, I can actually believe people like that exist. SV3, on the other hand, did seem quite legit tbh.

Yeah, but did you look at those TV categories? Female TV goes to Erivo and Coolidge, while Winslet is also on the latter’s ballot, but in female drama — that does not make any sense since Coolidge and Winslet are competing in the same category. Something is off about these.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I thought so too. Like for sure I don’t doubt namechecking is a thing in the industry. It most certainly happens.

But to be this shamelessly and stupidly answering the questions feels a little bit too weird. I don’t want to claim anyone is lying, but if they made up this interview, it’s honestly a new low. I hope not.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.