Home Forums Movies SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions (Part 2)

SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 301 through 310 (of 310 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
Maria
Joe Langer
kamila
  • Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Y’all know I’m a Kodi warrior but I have a gut feeling that Troy is about to win SAG..

Same here. I’m purely lying on intuition here because a Troy win just feels so SAG-esque and I think they would want to give a win to a deaf actor (not to say he wouldn’t be deserving of his own merit because he definitely is). But this is so difficult 😭😭😭

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

Posting this for the people predicting Dunst and Kotsur upsets.

SAG/Globe splits this century

Supporting Actor
    Mahershala Ali & Aaron Taylor-Johnson: 2017 (Taylor-Johnson was not nominated for SAG)
    Idris Elba & Sylvester Stallone: 2016 (Stallone was not nominated for SAG)
    Tommy Lee Jones & Christoph Waltz: 2012 (Waltz was not nominated for SAG)
    Paul Giamatti & George Clooney: 2005
    Morgan Freeman & Clive Owen: 2004 (Owen was not nominated for SAG)
    Christopher Walken & Chris Cooper: 2003 (Walken was not nominated for the globe)
    Ian McKellen & Jim Broadbent: 2002 (McKellen was not nominated for the globe)
    Benicio del Toro & Albert Finney: 2001 (del Toro was not nominated for SAG)
    Tom Cruise & Michael Caine: 2000

Supporting Actress
    Jodie Foster & Yuh-jung Youn: 2021 (Youn was not nominated for the globe and Foster was not nominated for SAG)
    Regina King & Emily Blunt: 2019 (Blunt was not nominated for the globe and King was not nominated for SAG)
    Kate Winslet & Alicia Vikander: 2016 (Vikander was nominated for the globe but for a different role)
    Jennifer Lawrence & Lupita Nyong’o: 2014
    Cate Blanchett & Ruby Dee: 2008 (Dee was not nominated for the globes)
    Natalie Portman & Cate Blanchett: 2005(Portman was not nominated for SAG)
    Meryl Streep & Catherine Zeta-Jones: 2003 (Zeta-Jones went lead for the globes, so not sure this qualifies as a split)
    Jennifer Connelly & Helen Mirren: 2002 (Connelly was not nominated for SAG)
    Kate Hudson & Judi Dench: 2000

In other words, whenever splits happen it’s because one of the winners wasn’t nominated for the other award. This does not apply to Dunst or Kotsur. Both categories only have 2 cases of true splits (2.5 depending on whether or not you count Winslet and Vikander). It also seems to be a lot less common now than it was at the start of the century.

Great observations! All I want to add is that, in 2001, Benicio del Toro did get a SAG nomination. It’s just that he was considered Lead at SAG and he wound up winning the SAG Award for Best Leading Actor. So, technically, that isn’t really a split since del Toro won both the Golden Globe and SAG Award, just in different categories. Similarly, in 2002, Jennifer Connelly also got a SAG nomination but for Lead. Unlike del Toro, though, Connelly lost the SAG Award for Best Leading Actress to Halle Berry (who won the Oscar too).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I always feel CODA as a movie is a bit underseen than DLU,Belfast, House Of Gucci and King Richard, that’s the biggest hesitation I have towards it.

Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Imagine if Jennifer Hudson wins…

That would be interesting………….

Profile picture
    Taytay129
    Topics:

honestly I think this will be a very predictable and straightforward bunch of acting winners with Smith, Kidman, Debose and Kotsur taking it home.

I just hope to god we get at least one exiting win to shake things up like maybe having a Garfield win or a chastain win or hell even a Dunst win but yeah idk those look highly unlikely.

when it comes to ensemble I have no idea except that it’s between coda, don’t look up and Belfast.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

My stance continues to be that the obvious winners will win at SAG, but that won’t effect the Oscars in any real way.

Profile picture
    PeytonKawai for Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

I hope Gaga will win SAG and will continue unpredictable Best Actress race

TED LASSO & THE WHITE LOTUS in EVERY CATEGORIES!

Profile picture
    OscarWatcher1971
    Topics:

How is Kotsur winning obvious & predictable? He’s won virtually nothing all season. He might win, but it would be an upset.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I really wonder if the Being The Ricardos ensemble snub is indicative of Kidman’s vulnerability at SAG since there was no reason for the cast to miss ensemble there. Or maybe it’s just overthinking. There’s also the fact that Being the Ricardos isn’t really well liked by the general public seeing how it has a 60% audience (all audience) score on Rotten Tomatoes compared to Gaga and Chastain’s films. Anyways I’m going with Gaga for now since she’s in the most widely seen film with an ensemble nomination and I think the surrounding discussion around her snub might be the impetus for SAG voters to rally behind her. Not confident in this prediction at all, but my predictions are too safe for the might of the unpredictable influencers and tiktokers.

Ensemble: CODA

Best Actor: Will Smith

Best Actress: Lady Gaga

Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee

Best Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I know this table arrangement is just for “trial” and not the real one but this was too hilarious for me to not post here.

(With all due respect to Lady Gaga whose perfomance in House Of Gucci was incredible)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 301 through 310 (of 310 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 Film Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.