Home Forums Movies Scream (2022)

Scream (2022)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Baroque
Babylonian
Hawk
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Frank2803
    Topics:

The trailer looked really good

I might check this out this weekend

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

This was pretty good. The writing in the first act was a bit rough, but the second and third act just improves and improves until that third act! I’m glad Scream 4 wasn’t the last installment because I’m in the minority that thinks Scream 4 is the worst by far.

I’d rank the films like this:

1. Scream 2 (1997)

2. Scream (1996)

3. Scream (2022)

4. Scream 3 (2000)

5. Scream 4 (2011)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Possible spoilers

Had some issues with it but the way it came for toxic fans was soooooo satisfying, especially considering how many blockbusters have let these idiots have their way recently (Snyder Cut, No Way Home, …).

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    A HERO:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Amir Jadidi)
    - Best International Feature

NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

Some moments got too much but overall, great! 8.5 out of 10… prob gon be higher by December

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

I might see it this weekend!

Melissa Barera is getting panned for her performance lol. I thought she was okay in ITH.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Grunge
    Topics:

So Scream 5 is the current frontrunner for the 2023 oscars? Interesting

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I might see it this weekend! Melissa Barera is getting panned for her performance lol. I thought she was okay in ITH.

Honestly I think she did fine, but she was asked to do a lot that would’ve required a very skilled actor to pull off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

Jenna Ortega definitely was the fucking MVP. And the way she outacted Melissa Barrera in that hospital scene was lowkey embarrassing for the latter nnnn

Very good movie overall despite some flaws

Scream 1 > Scream 2 = Scream 5 > Scream 4 > Scream 3

FYC

Best Actress - Pénélope Cruz, Olivia Colman

Best Actor - Denzel Washington

Best Supporting Actress - Aunjanue Ellis

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Jenny Ortega, Mikey Madison, & Mason Gooding were my personal stand-outs of the new cast. I’ve never seen In the Heights so I’m just going to give Melissa Barrera the benefit of the doubt and call this an unfortunate case of being completely miscast.

I loved the opening scene, and the rest of the “kill” sequences were really well executed as well.  Great killer(s) reveal too; the 3rd act was completely bonkers in the best way possible.

My one complaint was that I felt like the legacy cast was honestly misused, besides Dewey. I know this is sacrilegious but I wish their roles were smaller so we could’ve gotten more development from the new characters- some of which felt extremely underutilized and underdeveloped. I loved seeing Sidney on my screen again but she felt forced into the script because they had to have her in it.

Probably a 7.5/10 for me, maybe an 8/10.

Scream (OG) > Scream 3 (Judge me all you want, but I thought that movie was camp in the best way possible) > Scream (2022) > Scream 4 > Scream 2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Mikey Madison for Best Supporting Actress!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Jenny Ortega, Mikey Madison, & Mason Gooding were my personal stand-outs of the new cast. I’ve never seen In the Heights so I’m just going to give Melissa Barrera the benefit of the doubt and call this an unfortunate case of being completely miscast. I loved the opening scene, and the rest of the “kill” sequences were really well executed as well. Great killer(s) reveal too; the 3rd act was completely bonkers in the best way possible. My one complaint was that I felt like the legacy cast was honestly misused, besides Dewey. I know this is sacrilegious but I wish their roles were smaller so we could’ve gotten more development from the new characters- some of which felt extremely underutilized and underdeveloped. I loved seeing Sidney on my screen again but she felt forced into the script because they had to have her in it. Probably a 7.5/10 for me, maybe an 8/10. Scream (OG) > Scream 3 (Judge me all you want, but I thought that movie was camp in the best way possible) > Scream (2022) > Scream 4 > Scream 2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Scream 2 doesn’t have Parker Posey or Hayden Panettiere in it, unfortunately!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

Brief, largely spoiler-free review: it gave me what I hoped for with a Scream film. My audience erupted into cheers when we saw and heard [certain thing] near the very end, so everyone was clearly invested. And despite seeing some comments to this effect beforehand, I still wasn’t expecting it to be even more meta than the first movie.

ETA: my single favorite moment was the couch, with the character’s reasoning for why nah, he’s not going upstairs with her.

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.