Home Forums Movies Secret oscar ballots 2021

Secret oscar ballots 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 285 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Lady Jane Grey
methaddiction
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The way not even these ballots are giving us clarity on Best Actress. The mess…

I told ya Andra was stealing those votes from Viola.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

And also, Chloe is damn RESPECTED.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I would have wanted the writer to explain why a “ruthless film” can’t win BP, and why “The Father” qualifies for being that. Mostly reasonable pics across-the-board otherwise, except for the one who thought Boseman was “terrible.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Glad that the general consensus is that Youn Yuh-jung should win Supporting Actress. We love to hear and see it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorfan
    Topics:

Yes on both screenplay categories.

Awesome. Thanks Chris.

First Place- 2018 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 Razzie Award Nominations
    First Place- 2015 Academy Of Country Music Awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GusCruz
    Topics:

We will have 6 secret ballots at Gold Derby but do not publish until voting is over (as all media should do). Very interesting choices throughout (but I don’t see Hopkins as a threat just based on our 6).

Okay, so based on SIX ballots from six (I’m assuming) LA-based voters, therefore the most susceptible to media narratives, as they’re inside the bubble, you think Hopkins has no shot. Lol. I remember how, from your secret ballots, it also didn’t look like Colman would win.

edit:
    I just checked. From five ballots that year, four were Close voters and one was an Aparicio voter. I’d have thought that you would have learned from that and tried to find a better sample, with ballots from voters from all around the world, or at least from different parts of America. Of course in LA Boseman will he heavily favored… But this isn’t the Globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s the best idea to rely on anonymous ballots for your predictions. I know they indicate close races a lot, but sometimes they’re very misleading (one of my friends predicted Johansson to upset Dern last year because he thought the ballots indicated it was gonna happen and lost money because of it lmao). If you want to use them as a guide, take them with a serious grain of salt. I didn’t even use them as reasoning for predicting Parasite to win Best Picture despite them indicating that Parasite was strong. I don’t think they’re gonna give that much clarity this year

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Okay, so based on SIX ballots from six (I’m assuming) LA-based voters, therefore the most susceptible to media narratives, as they’re inside the bubble, you think Hopkins has no shot. Lol. I remember how, from your secret ballots, it also didn’t look like Colman would win. edit: I just checked. From five ballots that year, four were Close voters and one was an Aparicio voter. I’d have thought that you would have learned from that and tried to find a better sample, with ballots from voters from all around the world, or at least from different parts of America. Of course in LA Boseman will he heavily favored… But this isn’t the Globes

I don’t go to the same people each year and they are from a variety of locations. Variety of branches. Mix of ages, genders. I’m honestly more interested in what they say and reasons than their final picks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

I would have wanted the writer to explain why a “ruthless film” can’t win BP, and why “The Father” qualifies for being that. Mostly reasonable pics across-the-board otherwise, except for the one who thought Boseman was “terrible.”

Yeah the first is such a bad take and the second bizarre since The Father is fully empathetic towards the dementia patient and caregiver. Was the writer expecting the effects of dementia to be Hollywoodified???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Josh O'Connor warrior
    Topics:

Here’s a new one: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/anonymous-oscar-ballot-2021-publicist-academy-screening-portal-1234629969/

I’m confused who they think the lead of Ma Rainey was, if both Viola and Chadwick are “supporting”

Emmys FYC
    Best Actor in a Drama Series: Josh O'Connor (The Crown)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series: Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision)

Oscars FYC
    Best Actress: Vanessa Kirby (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actress: Yun-jung Youn (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Here’s a new one: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/anonymous-oscar-ballot-2021-publicist-academy-screening-portal-1234629969/ I’m confused who they think the lead of Ma Rainey was, if both Viola and Chadwick are “supporting”

“The Father”: Sony Classics always sends their stuff early.

LMAO and people on here all season long who hadn’t seen this film were going on about how it was missing Picture and Supporting Actress…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

The power of Asian women this year! We love to see it! When was the last time two Asian women winning big at the Oscars? !

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Here’s a new one: https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/anonymous-oscar-ballot-2021-publicist-academy-screening-portal-1234629969/ I’m confused who they think the lead of Ma Rainey was, if both Viola and Chadwick are “supporting”

This is such a mess. Despite loving both performances, he won’t vote for Viola and Chad because he thinks they’re supporting but has no problem voting for Daniel in supporting despite criticizing his placement. Plsssss.

The Coca-Cola bottle is the lead in MRBB!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When was the last time two Asian women winning big at the Oscars? !

Unfortunately I think this has never happened before.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

It’s an ensemble. But Chadwick is the clear lead. Viola is supporting and should be this year supporting winner. Too bad she fucked that up for herself.

She could’ve joined Diane Weist.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.