Home Forums Movies Secret oscar ballots 2021

Secret oscar ballots 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 285 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Lady Jane Grey
methaddiction
estrelas
  • Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

But once again, what does he really mean by Ma Rainey is not really a movie?! Is it because it’s a play adaptation?! So confused…

I think he means make up and hair style were so well crafted that it doesn´t feel like they were done for a movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

These ballots are showing a hell of a lot of support for PYW. Even people who aren’t voting for it are just praising the movie. Not saying this is gonna affect my predictions, BUT there’s gotta be a hell of a lot of people in the Academy who love this movie. We love to see it

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

The way Carey Mulligan and Frances McDormand are dominating the anonymous Oscar ballots. I was right once again. The Frontrunners to take the award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lady Jane Grey
    Topics:

The way Carey Mulligan and Frances McDormand are dominating the anonymous Oscar ballots. I was right once again. The Frontrunners to take the award.

Don’t forget HopKING.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Are we just going to ignore the Sound of Metal comment?

“‘Sound of Metal’: I didn’t get that movie. I bounced off it. I didn’t believe it. I didn’t go for it, it didn’t do anything for me. Just because he was banging drums and he was deaf seems too on the nose.”

WTF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

Don’t forget HopKING.

Yup HopKING coming for the Olivia Colman upset.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Are we just going to ignore the Sound of Metal comment? “‘Sound of Metal’: I didn’t get that movie. I bounced off it. I didn’t believe it. I didn’t go for it, it didn’t do anything for me. Just because he was banging drums and he was deaf seems too on the nose.” WTF.

Makes no goddamn sense

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Another voter who suggests they may vote for Hopkins, whilst seemingly aware the Boseman will win anyway – I wonder if so many will think that way in this race that Hopkins does in fact pull off a win.

This way of thinking is so weird to me because if you truly want someone to win, then you wouldn’t care who the supposed winner is going to be. If you want Anthony Hopkins to win, then vote Anthony Hopkins to win. If you want Chadwick Boseman to win, then vote Chadwick Boseman to win. It’s pretty cut and dry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Are we just going to ignore the Sound of Metal comment? “‘Sound of Metal’: I didn’t get that movie. I bounced off it. I didn’t believe it. I didn’t go for it, it didn’t do anything for me. Just because he was banging drums and he was deaf seems too on the nose.” WTF.

Also, the fact that he LOVED Promising Young Woman and did not like Trial that much and yet is thinking about voting for the latter in Screenplay is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read. The zero logic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

These voters are beyond ridiculous…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

These voters are beyond ridiculous…

pls wbk

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

“The girl” this, “the girl” that. Learn their damn names! The most striking aspect of the latest anonymous ballot reveal was the guy being completely disconnected from the Oscars this year, so many of his choices will be rote or expected. If he’s seen so little, he really should sit this one out, but they never do that, even if they’ve only seen five films in an entire year. No reason for that level of laziness when every opportunity to see these films are given to Academy voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nectar
    Topics:

That ballot is ridiculous, but it’s interesting to see how much they love Soul. Wonder how close it would have been to a BP nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

The only thing valuable of these anonymous voters is Youn and Minari getting clear support (And Hopkins spoil)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.