Home Forums Movies Serenity (Matthew McConaughey/Anne Hathaway) – 2018

Serenity (Matthew McConaughey/Anne Hathaway) – 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
KEllis
  • Ron Loyola
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer just dropped.

Hathaway looks really good.

https://youtu.be/SbrOMrjhyvI

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a bit early for a bump with four more days till it’s released, but oh well.

I was thinking that this was going to be really good, but the fact they pushed the date two or three times and the little amount of promotion doesn’t sound like it’s going to be some hit (sleeper or not). Still going to see it though and hope I’m wrong.

Edit: Just found out that there was another trailer released (guess it shows how bad they are at promoting because I could’ve sworn I looked up more information around that time) and apparently Hathaway is making the rounds.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  KEllis.
    ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Review time.

I can’t tell if the movie was so bad it was good, or it was so bad it was bad; either way, one thing someone cannot say is this film lacked originality. Script was really Razzie worthy, shame sense the premise seemed so good (and it really confuses me on whether or not the screenplay was awful and just great performances or just horrible performances, specifically McConaughey). It was interesting, to say the least, but not as clever as it tried to be (my friend said that she didn’t understand how while he was reading the script he didn’t say “nah, this isn’t it”). Each time (*spoiler alert, not really*) McConaughey jumped into the ocean naked and came back up, I felt like I was watching a Dior commercial and it was product placement without any actual product (unless he’s trying to sell himself, which *spoiler alert* he actually does for money lol). And that plot twist, oh what a plot twist it was (my brother was intrigued by it but kinda disappointed at the same time).

Hathaway was great with what she was given (and I’d be upset if she got a Razzie for it actually), and (as someone said on Twitter) her choke-me-daddy attitude gave me life. Quite frankly, it was such a mood. Lane was fine, but same boat with Hathaway, not much was given to her. Overall MVPs and saviors of the film were Hathaway, the shoes scene, and Lane’s actual cat, not her “cat.” Product placement included: a Dior-colored ocean and McConaughey’s glutes. I don’t know if I can really give it a rating, because I wouldn’t know how it to rate it, but Knight deserves some Razzies for this.

Rating: Crazy (even though I said I couldn’t rate it)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.