Home Forums Movies Should Brie Larson have won in 2015?

Should Brie Larson have won in 2015?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Wanda
Bassett
  • Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

I think her performance was good but I preferred Rampling, Ronan, and Blanchett(have not seen Lawrence). What is the general consensus on her win now only five years later? Were you supporting her at the time? Did you like her when you first saw the film but now you don’t or vice versa? How well do you think her win will age in the future?

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I thought she was ok but still pretty boring and Tremblay clearly was the star of the movie. Overall it’s a pretty forgettable but not so bad Oscar win

Blanchett was my favorite that year but she wasn’t gonna win a 3rd one so quickly so I think Ronan should have won

Haven’t seen Rampling and JLaw shouldn’t have been nominated for that trash movie

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actor - Daniel Kaluuya, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Ronan should have won for her brilliant turn in Brooklyn. There was no race for me.

And that year I would have nodded Carey Mulligan for her underrated performance in Suffragette over Lawrence.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

Rampling’s performance is one of my favorite from the 2010′. She really should have won. The last shot of 45 years says it all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

No, she was 5th in that category for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

It’s clear why Larson won as her performance was the most broadly emotional in the film with the strongest support, but she should not have swept the way she did considering her competition. Rampling is my pick.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Absolutely no.
    Blanchett, Ronan, and Rampling are all considered the greater performances of that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett should’ve won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Blanchett > Ronan > Rampling > Larson > Lawrence

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

She was the right winner.

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Cate Blanchett in Stateless | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You

FYC Movie: Boys In The Band | Toni Collette in I’m Thinking Of Ending Things | Jim Parsons in The Boys In The Band | Shailene Woodley in Endings, Beginnings | Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed | Sebastian Stan in Endings, Beginnings

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Ronan > Blanchett > Rampling > Larson > > > Lawrence

I also would like to give a huge shout out to Nina Hoss in Phoenix. What a performance!!! Deserved much more recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I thought Larson was terrific, but I haven’t seen any of her competitors’ movies yet!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I thought Larson was terrific, but I haven’t seen any of her competitors’ movies yet!

I found Carol underwhelming but Blanchett, Mara and even Paulson were phenomenal and the crafts from the cinematography to the music and the costumes were absolutely spell-binding. IMO Blanchett should have won Actress but arguably her inclusion was category-fraud.

I’d argue Ronan’s career best performance is in Brooklyn. Nothing else of her work has really topped that for me yet.

Rampling’s film is great but it’s essentially her performance that brings the magic of it. Joy is a bit meh. I would second the argument that Carey Mulligan should have gotten in over J-Law that year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Rampling should have won. Blanchett had won if it was not for her Blue Jasmine win. I think this is the closest Blanchett has been for a 3rd Oscar

Room looks so boring to me so I have not seen the movie. Lawrence was lucky to even be nominated when there were other stronger actresses in the running like Mulligan. and Mara should also have been nominated in lead as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

No.

Rampling > Ronan > Larson > Lawrence > Blanchett

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.