Home Forums Movies Sight & Sound Poll 2022

Sight & Sound Poll 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
cannastop
RIDLEY SCOTT
Bonehead

• laslo
    Topics:

I think Anomalisa and Holy Motors will show up.

ReplyCopy URL

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I hear several recent movies got in. LMAO The Old School people are gonna go crazy with the changes. LMAO

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time

It’s here!

Get Out is in the top 100

Parasite is in the top 100.

Spirited Away is tied for #75

My Neighbor Totoro is tied for #72

Moonlight is tied for #60

Mullholland Dr is #8

And Jeanne Dielman 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles is #1

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

two of the top ten, Mullholland Dr and In the Mood for Love

they got like two votes in 2002

probably because they were so new back then.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time It’s here!

They gave me exactly what I wanted!

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

I guess the nitty gritty comes later.

I want to see if anyone voted for a 2022 movie, though 2022 movies would never make the top 100 just because they’re too new.

ReplyCopy URL

laslo
    Topics:

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time It’s here! Get Out is in the top 100 Parasite is in the top 100. Spirited Away is tied for #75 My Neighbor Totoro is tied for #72 Moonlight is tied for #60 Mullholland Dr is #8 And Jeanne Dielman 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles is #1

Somewhat expected list. I thought we would have maybe 2 or 3 movies from the beginning of the last decade but all the new movies on the list were released in the second half of the 2010s.
    Four Jean-Luc Godard entries on the list. They could leave Pierrot le Fou aside and place À bout de souffle in its rightful place within the top 10.
    Even though I love the movie, I find it funny that Portrait de la jeune fille en feu, a 2019 movie, ranks above Psycho. But Céline Sciamma deserves this recognition, so I won’t complain. Overall, pretty solid list.

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

But Céline Sciamma deserves this recognition,

Sciamma is also a Turning Red fan so I wonder…

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It’s not even Celine Sciamma’s best film (that would be Water Lilles)

Also, of course there would tons of random european films from the 50’s about a white guy turning into a spider and all kinds of weird things, but not a single South American/Latin American movie. City of God not being on this list ? What the hell.

ReplyCopy URL

laslo
    Topics:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It’s not even Celine Sciamma’s best film (that would be Water Lilles) Also, of course there would tons of random european films from the 50’s about a white guy turning into a spider and all kinds of weird things, but not a single South American/Latin American movie. City of God not being on this list ? What the hell.

I disagree with Water Lilies being Sciamma’s best film, in fact for me it wouldn’t even be top 3, and I also disagree with Portrait being overrated. But your criticism about the lack of Latin American films is very valid.
    I’m not crazy about City of God, I think it’s great but a bit overrated, but there are other Brazilian films that would fit on this list in my opinion. Os Cafajestes (1962), spectacular movie with stunning cinematography. Todas as Mulheres do Mundo (1966), a somewhat quirky but irresistible film, which I noticed a few days ago that features Mia Goth’s grandmother in the cast. A Hora da Estrela (1985), I don’t even need to say anything about this one, an adaptation of the classic novel by Clarice Lispector with Fernanda Montenegro playing the fortune teller speaks for itself.
    Maybe it’s a difficulty in accessing the material or simply ignorance, but this disregard for Latin American cinema is quite irritating.

ReplyCopy URL

RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I saw both new lists today and I prefer The Director’s 100 List. I suppose The Directors have Better Taste or my taste is Closer to The Director’s Taste

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

Would have bet anything Tree of Life would have been there

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

cannastop
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL

Cabiria
    Topics:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It’s not even Celine Sciamma’s best film (that would be Water Lilles)

Also, of course there would tons of random european films from the 50’s about a white guy turning into a spider and all kinds of weird things, but not a single South American/Latin American movie. City of God not being on this list ? What the hell.

Ugh what’s phenomenal about “City of God” that you think it deserves to be on the list lol?

2023:
    "TAR", "Banshees","Batman"

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.