Home Forums Movies Sight & Sound Poll 2022

Sight & Sound Poll 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
cannastop
RIDLEY SCOTT
Bonehead

• federico rubachin
    Topics:

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is one of the most overrated movies of all time. It’s not even Celine Sciamma’s best film (that would be Water Lilles) Also, of course there would tons of random european films from the 50’s about a white guy turning into a spider and all kinds of weird things, but not a single South American/Latin American movie. City of God not being on this list ? What the hell.

maybe something from the top 5 of here https://encuestadecineargentino.com/top-100/

ReplyCopy URL

Rosso
    Topics:

Black Girl and Daughters of the Dust were nice surprises. So was Wanda and a higher placement for Beau Travail.

Wong Kar Wai should be left out in this list. Yang has better films than Yi Yi and A Brighter Summer Day (it’s Taipei Story).

The 21st century picks suck too. Wtf is Portrait of a Lady on Fire doing there lol. If there is a 2010s film to choose, and one that encapsulates this era far better than any film, it should have been Hu Bo’s An Elephant Sitting Still.

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

The 21st century picks suck too. Wtf is Portrait of a Lady on Fire doing there lol.

It’s the Citizen Kane of Film Twitter. I love the movie, but it’s definitely overrated. #30 in this list is like putting Fleabag in #6 on a list of best TV shows of all time.

ReplyCopy URL

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, this list is trash.

There’s no Fateful Findings, Battlefield Earth, Gigli, and Exorcist II The Heretic!!!

Everyone joins me to boycott this celebration.

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

Ugh what’s phenomenal about “City of God” that you think it deserves to be on the list lol?

Fine. You don’t like it ? Then where’s Luis Bunuel ? Glauber Rocha ? Babenco ? Lucrecia Martel ? If the intention is to please the ego of elitistic letterboxd cinephiles, then you can put those in, but at least those are deserving instead of the same circlejerk of movies that are in that list.

I’m whining too much and being an asshole about it.

ReplyCopy URL

Bonehead
    Topics:

I’m happy for the aspiring female filmmakers out there that will see this list over the next ten years and gain the confidence to tell their stories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.