Home Forums Movies Single Worst Oscar Winner Of The Decade (2010-2019)

Single Worst Oscar Winner Of The Decade (2010-2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
galaxy98
braydenfitzsi..
Jasmine is Fr..
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Toy Story 4, Best Animated Feature over Klaus

That was a good choice

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

That was a good choice

Nah, they totally fell for cheap nostalgia bait when a classic to come was right there. TS4 was probably the worst of the contenders.

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

-----------------------------

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    johnnygc
    Topics:

My “Worst” List:
    Picture:
    Green Book (over Black Panther, BlackKklansman, The Favourite and Roma)/ Runner Ups – Argo/The Shape of Water
    Director:
    Iñarritu (The Revenant) over Miller / Runner Up – Del Toro (The Shape of Water) over Gerwig and PTA
    Actor:
    McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club) over DiCaprio / Runner Up – DiCaprio (The Revanant) over… god knows was Joaquin Phoenix elegible for You Were Never Really Here? If not, over snubbed Jacob Tremblay (Room)
    Actress:
    Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Lining Playbook) over Emmanuelle Riva / Runner Up – Julianne Moore over… pretty much everyone in her category, specially Pike and Cotillard. Stone (La La Land) over Huppert also stings.
    Supporting Actor:
    3-way tie: Waltz (Django Unchained) over Seymour Hoffman / Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) over Michael Fassbender / Mahershala Ali (Green Book) over Richard E. Grant.
    Supporting Actress:
    Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk) over both Stone and Weisz / Runner Up: Melissa Leo (The Fighter) over Amy Adams and Jacki Weaver
    Original Screenplay:
    Green Book over The Favourite, First Reformed and Roma / Runner ups The King’s Speech over Another Year, Django over Moonrise Kingdom and Amour and Birdman over Nightcrawler and Boyhood
    Adapted Screenplay:
    Jojo Rabbit over Little Women / Runner Up: The Imitation Game over Whiplash

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

I truly love Laura Dern, but I never understood how she won when she had like 17 minutes of screen time and one good monologue…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    runninglikewater
    Topics:

But to me, Green Book was the biggest travesty when Roma or BlackkKlansman were right there and absolutely mesmerizing…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Laura Dern and the snub of Jennifer Lopez that same year. Also there were so many other supporting actresses worthy of getting nominated. They stuck with the boring ones.

Julianne Moore over Rosamund Pike. I will never understand that. Never

Also Tom Hooper over David Fincher. That is unforgivable. Booooo!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

Thank you! I genuinely want to understand what was so mesmerizing about laura dern in marriage story??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Picture : Argo
    Director : Havanicus – The Artist
    Actor : Dujardin – The Artist
    Actress : Zellweger – Judy
    Supporting Actor : Pitt – Once Upon A Time In… Hollywood(although he’s great)
    Supporting Actress : Dern – Marriage Story
    Original Screenplay : Green Book
    Adapted Screenplay : The Descendants
    Cinematography : Hugo
    Editing : Bohemian Rhapsody
    International : The Salesman(though from what I’ve seen in the trailer, it would probably be In A Better World if I saw it)
    Animated : Brave

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Topics:

Spotlight for Best Picture and is not even close……in a distance second and tie are Melissa Leo and Christian Bale for given a Masterclass in overacting in the dreadful film The Fighter.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I enjoyed Zellweger in Judy, but I preferred ScarJo in Marriage Story. If Marriage Story was to win for one, it should have been ScarJo over Dern.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    galaxy98
    Topics:

Thank you! I genuinely want to understand what was so mesmerizing about laura dern in marriage story??

She’s an acclaimed actress starred in a best picture contender, an overdue narrative also help her chance of winning. If you wondering why she won if it’s based on pure performance, that’s because she gives a single scenery-chewing, loud monologue about Jesus and motherhood. And the Oscars love loud, showy, and unsubtle overacting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    galaxy98
    Topics:

Spotlight for Best Picture and is not even close……in a distance second and tie are Melissa Leo and Christian Bale for given a Masterclass in overacting in the dreadful film The Fighter.

The Yelling Fighter. I always wonder, why David O. Russell character’s constantly yelling for no apparent reasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Awardsfan1990
    Topics:

Suicide Squad for Best Makeup & Hairstyling. Hands down, no questions asked. Nothing else comes close for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Suicide Squad for Best Makeup & Hairstyling. Hands down, no questions asked. Nothing else comes close for me.

The films trash but this tech aspect is outstanding though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I rarely agree with the Oscars’ choices, but it is even rarer that I find a nominee actively bad (and then for him to win):

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.