Home Forums Movies Sundance 2022

Sundance 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
laslo
starklinson
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

What about Lena Dunham’s “Sharp Stick”?

I will say… I was never bored watching it, however, it is a hot mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

It was awful honestly… It opened with a 20% score on RT and I completely agree.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I just adored this film and after “Shithouse” and “Cha Cha,” Cooper Raiff has a lifelong fan in me. It seems to me like this film is the defining hit of Sundance, and as we wait to see where it lands, I am confident it’s a title we’ll be hearing about throughout the year as Raiff launches into the next phase of his career.

This could’ve been written by me, Cha Cha is everything that makes Raiff great!

**I feel the exact same way about When You Finish Saving the World, just did absolutely nothing for me. We only disagree on Good Luck to You, Leo Grande, although Thompson gives a great performance everything just felt kinda lukewarm.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

I’m not sure about the overall consensus but everything I’ve seen about it is negative

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Apple has closed the biggest deal of the 2022 Virtual Sundance Film Festival, securing worldwide rights to the Cooper Raiff-directed Cha Cha Real Smooth for around $15 million. Source: https://deadline.com/2022/01/apapple-cha-cha-real-smooth-15-million-dollar-world-rights-deal-sundance-film-festival-1234919859/ I’m looking forward to seeing this. Dakota has gotten great notices for her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

IFC Films and Shudder have acquired Resurrection

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Sounds like Dakota Johnson could be a real supporting actress threat for Cha Cha Real Smooth. Very much doubtful she wins, but with a few other potentially big movies coming out (Am I Ok and Persuasion), she could definitely have one of those Alicia Vikander / Florence Pugh combo hype moments.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sounds like Dakota Johnson could be a real supporting actress threat for Cha Cha Real Smooth. Very much doubtful she wins, but with a few other potentially big movies coming out (Am I Ok and Persuasion), she could definitely have one of those Alicia Vikander / Florence Pugh combo hype moments.

The Lost Daughter has now grounded her more in terms of prestige on both a mainstream and industry level which helps.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

892 won best ensemble, if it gets picked up by a good distributor John Boyega (and maybe Nicole Beharie?) could contend for acting nominations as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

(and maybe Nicole Beharie?) could contend for acting nominations as well.

I would love to see it. Nicole Beharie is criminally underrated.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

I like her but this is not going anywhere near the oscars lol. It will be a Gothams/indie spirits thing only.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

This year, the film most likely to succeed at the Oscars did not collect prizes: South African filmmaker Oliver Hermanus’ tearjerker “Living,” adapted by novelist-screenwriter Kazuo Ishiguro from Akira Kurosawa’s 1952 classic “Ikiru,” stars master thespian Bill Nighy as a proper Englishman who wakes up and sees the people around him in a new way when he learns he has months to live. Nighy’s delicate performance could nab him his first Oscar nomination, and Sony Pictures Classics will do everything they can to make that happen.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/01/sundance-2022-non-fiction-oscar-contenders-1234695099/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

The Biggest Buys at Sundance Revealed How Distributors View the Future of Film

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/02/sundance-acquisitions-distributors-theatrical-streaming-1234694862/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

892 won best ensemble, if it gets picked up by a good distributor John Boyega (and maybe Nicole Beharie?) could contend for acting nominations as well.

Bleecker Street just picked this movie up…

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.