Home Forums Movies 2021 BAFTA Predictions

2021 BAFTA Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 517 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Gabarnes43
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Mauritanian is skipping cinemas in the UK and going straight to Prime Video on April 1.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I’ve just seen The White Tiger and yeah I don’t think Priyanka Chopra is getting nominated.

The real problem here is that I cannot find a way to watch County Lines. All the other films I have seen (or can see as I still haven’t seen News of the World) are either on Amazon/Netflix, are available to rent or I have seen a screener either through borrowing a colleague’s or receiving one from FilmIndependent. It really undermines my predictions when one can’t see a film long-listed in a category and has no idea about the showiness of the role because there is no conversation around the performance. If anyone knows how I can see this film please DM me!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

So yeah I’ve decided to take Foster out. It’s an excellent performance and at the moment is the runner up in my personal awards (same with Rahim) but I don’t know whether the jury will gravitate towards this performance when the role isn’t undeniably showy (Foster does make the most of it) and the mandate of the jury is to include more diversity in their picks (whilst still chasing some Oscar contenders) and a two time Oscar winner in a film that is unlikely to get anything more than 2 acting Oscar nominations is not what I think a jury will lean towards. I guess it might help her film has been long-listed so many times but idk. This jury could either completely mirror the choices the television jury has made in the past or mirror the out of box yet conventional and mainstream choices BAFTA made in the late 00s, early 10s (Alfred Molina, Carey Mulligan). Rahim is 100% in though. I hope I’m wrong about Foster though because it’s an excellent performance and it’s the only non Yuh-Jung Youn performance I am passionate about in this category.

Whilst I still have three performances unseen (Chopra, Madekwe, Zengel) I am feeling weirdly confident in my current predicted lineup of Algar, Ali, Bakalova, Colman, Ehle and Youn.

LOL this didn’t age well.

Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

LOL this didn’t age well.

To be fair, wolfali was bringing up Jodie a lot in these threads before that Globe win when everyone else was forgetting about her.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

To be fair, wolfali was bringing up Jodie a lot in these threads before that Globe win when everyone else was forgetting about her.

Fair point.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

BAFTA Rising Star nominees are announced today!

I’m expecting it to be Kosar Ali, Bukky Bakray, Harris Dickinson, Cosmo Jarvis and Zendaya. But who knows, there don’t seem to be any rules about who’s eligible for this.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

The all British nominees are…

Bukky Bakray
    Kingsley Ben-Adir
    Morfydd Clark
    Sope Dirisu
    Conrad Khan

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Definitely BAFTA is going to be more british than ever. I don´t even recall a line-up without an american actor

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

Definitely BAFTA is going to be more british than ever. I don´t even recall a line-up without an american actor

Tbh I’m not opposed to it at all as long as the nominees are diverse. We’ve got terrific work from British actors this season.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The all British nominees are… Bukky Bakray Kingsley Ben-Adir Morfydd Clark Sope Dirisu Conrad Khan

So Clark is missing the 6th slot then. I’m thinking Loren takes it

FYC:

Vitalina Varela, Vitalina Varela (Actress)
    Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Possessor/Luxor (Actress, Actor)
    Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, I Care a Lot (Actress, Supporting Actor)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)
    Sophia Loren, Abril Zamora, The Life Ahead (Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman (Actress)

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

The all British nominees are… Bukky Bakray Kingsley Ben-Adir Morfydd Clark Sope Dirisu Conrad Khan

Does this mean Morfydd might miss Best Actress? So who is getting her spot?

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Ive casted my vote for Bukky Bakray

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    Mason
    Topics:

Ive casted my vote for Bukky Bakray

Great! I’m voting for Sope Dirisu.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

BAFTA winner Kingsley Ben-Adir would be amazing

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Does this mean Morfydd might miss Best Actress? So who is getting her spot?

Not really. Chalamet and Kaluuya were nominated for both Rising Star and Lead Actor.
    Unless they changed the rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘2021 BAFTA Predictions’ is closed to new replies.