Home Forums Movies Super early 2021 golden globe predictions

Super early 2021 golden globe predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 196 through 208 (of 208 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

I think if Focus Features does a good job campaining and submit Kajillionaire as a comedy, Evan Rachel Wood might be a lock.

The movie is too weird.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

The movie is too weird.

Maybe.
    Also I would love for Zoey Deutch to be nominated for her performance on Buffaloed. And the movie should received a nod as Best Comedy/Musical Movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have Evan Rachel Wood getting in. I think she has enough buzz. Although I don’t think she’ll be Focus’ priority (that will be Mulligan).

I am mulling slotting Millie Bobby Brown back in though.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Given how empty Comedy is, what are the odds that Sacha Baron Cohen wins a second Globe for playing Borat?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Given how empty Comedy is, what are the odds that Sacha Baron Cohen wins a second Globe for playing Borat?

I see it being very possible. Especially since his biggest competitor right now’s film received very Luke warm reviews.

FYC Oscars: Licorice Pizza (Best Picture, Best Director, Original Screenplay), The Mitchells vs The Machines (Best Picture, Animated Feature, Original Screenplay), Wes Anderson (Best Director), Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of MacBeth), Andrew Garfield and Robin de Jesus (Tick, Tick...BOOM!), Jayne Houdyshell (The Humans), Stephen Karam (Adapted Screenplay), Attica and Summer of Soul (Best Documentary)

FYC Razzies: Dear Evan Hansen (in all eligible categories)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Whom would even be his biggest competition for the win right now? Murray? Davidson? Manuel-Miranda?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I see it being very possible. Especially since his biggest competitor right now’s film received very Luke warm reviews.

And he also has an acclaimed performance in a different film predicted to be a major contender that he won’t win for, and I could see voters eating up a performance where the actor pisses off Mike Pence.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Whom would even be his biggest competition for the win right now? Murray? Davidson? Manuel-Miranda?

Murray. I don’t know if Hamilton will even be allowed here. If it is, then Miranda and Odom can easily get in, but then I don’t know if either could win. Miranda has the name, Odom has the performance. Davidson will be lucky to get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The only competition Baron Cohen has is from Reynolds but even then the former seems likelier to win than the latter.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Just realized the point I brought up about Baron Cohen having two films in contention could also boost Odom Jr. if Hamilton is allowed to compete in the Musical categories. Not only is his work in Hamilton widely adored, but he’ll also have his acclaimed turn from One Night in Miami in contention as well, and he’s unlikely to win for that.

Although complicating matters is he’s contending for a third category with Original Song, which unlike Supporting Actor, I think he could definitely wind up winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Respect is a Drama and also I don’t know if Hamilton is eligible here.

A long shot prediction I’d like to present (even though I’m not predicting them) is Beanie Feldstein for How to Build a Girl. She is a previous nominee in Musical/Comedy, the field is so barren right now, she basically gives a run for Renee Zellweger’s Bridget Jones money in that film (even though the film itself is a bit meh) and she could have buzz for Impeachment (which could possibly air close to Globes voting or at least have a teaser out).

I also think she could slip in at BAFTA as the wild card shot as it’s a very British film (obviously she’s not getting in at the Oscars because that would be brilliant yet strange).

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The only competition Baron Cohen has is from Reynolds but even then the former seems likelier to win than the latter.

Dev Patel also has a good shot, even though his film came out a while back. The field is EMPTY.

Made all the more interesting by how stacked it will be next year. So many musicals coming out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really have a feeling (especially if Ma Rainey somehow goes Comedy/Musical) that Amy Adams is winning the Drama Globe. Of course Kirby could still come and shake things up (let’s not forget her film hasn’t even had its trailer released yet by Netflix) but Amy Adams to me feels like she could at the very worst do what Glenn did in 2019 (except instead of SAG I’d say she’d win BAFTA).

Dev Patel also has a good shot, even though his film came out a while back. The field is EMPTY.

This is true. He was phenomenal in that film. The only worry I have is voters may forget him.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 13 posts - 196 through 208 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.