Home Forums Movies Super early 2021 golden globe predictions

Super early 2021 golden globe predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 196 through 209 (of 209 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

I think if Focus Features does a good job campaining and submit Kajillionaire as a comedy, Evan Rachel Wood might be a lock.

The movie is too weird.

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

The movie is too weird.

Maybe.
    Also I would love for Zoey Deutch to be nominated for her performance on Buffaloed. And the movie should received a nod as Best Comedy/Musical Movie.

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Cate Blanchett in Stateless | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You

FYC Movie: Boys In The Band | Toni Collette in I’m Thinking Of Ending Things | Jim Parsons in The Boys In The Band | Shailene Woodley in Endings, Beginnings | Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed | Sebastian Stan in Endings, Beginnings

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have Evan Rachel Wood getting in. I think she has enough buzz. Although I don’t think she’ll be Focus’ priority (that will be Mulligan).

I am mulling slotting Millie Bobby Brown back in though.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Given how empty Comedy is, what are the odds that Sacha Baron Cohen wins a second Globe for playing Borat?

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Given how empty Comedy is, what are the odds that Sacha Baron Cohen wins a second Globe for playing Borat?

I see it being very possible. Especially since his biggest competitor right now’s film received very Luke warm reviews.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Whom would even be his biggest competition for the win right now? Murray? Davidson? Manuel-Miranda?

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I see it being very possible. Especially since his biggest competitor right now’s film received very Luke warm reviews.

And he also has an acclaimed performance in a different film predicted to be a major contender that he won’t win for, and I could see voters eating up a performance where the actor pisses off Mike Pence.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Whom would even be his biggest competition for the win right now? Murray? Davidson? Manuel-Miranda?

Murray. I don’t know if Hamilton will even be allowed here. If it is, then Miranda and Odom can easily get in, but then I don’t know if either could win. Miranda has the name, Odom has the performance. Davidson will be lucky to get nominated.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The only competition Baron Cohen has is from Reynolds but even then the former seems likelier to win than the latter.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Just realized the point I brought up about Baron Cohen having two films in contention could also boost Odom Jr. if Hamilton is allowed to compete in the Musical categories. Not only is his work in Hamilton widely adored, but he’ll also have his acclaimed turn from One Night in Miami in contention as well, and he’s unlikely to win for that.

Although complicating matters is he’s contending for a third category with Original Song, which unlike Supporting Actor, I think he could definitely wind up winning.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

WINNERS IN BOLD

DRAMA FILM
    The Father
    MANK
    Nomadland
    One Night In Miami
    The Trial of The Chicago 7

COMEDY/MUSICAL FILM
    Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
    The Boys In The Band
    THE PROM
    Promising Young Woman
    Respect

DRAMA ACTOR
    Tom Hanks – News of The World
    ANTHONY HOPKINS – THE FATHER
    Daniel Kaluuya – Judas And The Black Messiah
    Mads Mikkelsen – Another Round
    Gary Oldman – Mank

COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTOR
    SACHA BARON COHEN – BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM
    Pete Davidson – The King of Staten Island
    Ryan Gosling – Free Guy
    Jim Parsons – The Boys In The Band
    Dev Patel – The Personal History of David Copperfield

DRAMA ACTRESS
    Amy Adams – Hillbilly Elegy
    Viola Davis – Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    VANESSA KIRBY – PIECES OF A WOMAN
    Frances McDormand – Nomadland
    Kate Winslet – Ammonite

COMEDY/MUSICAL ACTRESS
    JENNIFER HUDSON – RESPECT
    Meryl Streep – The Prom
    Carey Mulligan – Promising Young Woman
    Michelle Pfeiffer – French Exit
    Evan Rachel Wood – Kajillionaire

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    CHADWICK BOSEMAN – MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM
    Sacha Baron Cohen – The Trial of The Chicago 7
    Charles Dance – Mank
    Leslie Odom Jr. – One Night In Miami
    Mark Rylance – The Trial of The Chicago 7

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Ellen Burstyn – Pieces of A Woman
    GLENN CLOSE – HILLBILLY ELEGY
    Olivia Colman – The Father
    Amanda Seyfried – Mank
    Saoirse Ronan – Ammonite

DIRECTOR
    DAVID FINCHER – MANK
    Paul Greengrass – News of The World
    Regina King – One Night In Miami
    Aaron Sorkin – The Trial of The Chicago 7
    Chloe Zhao – Nomadland

SCREENPLAY
    The Father
    Mank
    Nomadland
    One Night In Miami
    THE TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO 7

ANIMATED FILM
    The Croods 2
    SOUL
    Onward
    Over The Moon
    Wolfwalkers

INTERNATIONAL FILM
    ANOTHER ROUND
    Dear Comrades!
    My Little Sister
    Night of The Kings
    Never Gonna Snow Again

SCORE
    MANK
    The Midnight Sky
    Soul
    Tenet

SONG
    ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI
    Onward
    Over The Moon
    Tenet

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Respect is a Drama and also I don’t know if Hamilton is eligible here.

A long shot prediction I’d like to present (even though I’m not predicting them) is Beanie Feldstein for How to Build a Girl. She is a previous nominee in Musical/Comedy, the field is so barren right now, she basically gives a run for Renee Zellweger’s Bridget Jones money in that film (even though the film itself is a bit meh) and she could have buzz for Impeachment (which could possibly air close to Globes voting or at least have a teaser out).

I also think she could slip in at BAFTA as the wild card shot as it’s a very British film (obviously she’s not getting in at the Oscars because that would be brilliant yet strange).

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The only competition Baron Cohen has is from Reynolds but even then the former seems likelier to win than the latter.

Dev Patel also has a good shot, even though his film came out a while back. The field is EMPTY.

Made all the more interesting by how stacked it will be next year. So many musicals coming out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really have a feeling (especially if Ma Rainey somehow goes Comedy/Musical) that Amy Adams is winning the Drama Globe. Of course Kirby could still come and shake things up (let’s not forget her film hasn’t even had its trailer released yet by Netflix) but Amy Adams to me feels like she could at the very worst do what Glenn did in 2019 (except instead of SAG I’d say she’d win BAFTA).

Dev Patel also has a good shot, even though his film came out a while back. The field is EMPTY.

This is true. He was phenomenal in that film. The only worry I have is voters may forget him.

Viewing 14 posts - 196 through 209 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Super early 2021 golden globe predictions’ is closed to new replies.